October 09, 2023
2589 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2785 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

FFG Customer Service?

More
23 Aug 2009 18:00 - 23 Aug 2009 18:02 #38861 by Old Dwarf
So ME Quest shipped with so many broken Figs.FFG has decided to
let its customer jump through some hoops to get replacements.
Here's the announcement-The short version is "It's your Problem"

Dear Middle-earth Quest Fans,

As some of you may have already discovered, there was an error with the plastic components in a small portion of the first print run of Middle-earth Quest. A portion of the plastic from this print run was overheated in production, causing it to become brittle and susceptible to breakage. As such, we have been receiving reports from a number of you of damaged figures in your copies of Middle-earth Quest, for which we offer our sincerest apologies.

The good news is, this production error has only affected a small portion of the initial print run, and the error was caught and corrected immediately so that the rest of the Middle-earth Quest print run should meet the level of quality that you have come to expect from Fantasy Flight Games.

For those of you who have purchased copies of Middle-earth Quest with broken plastic components, please rest assured: we will be providing replacement parts, however, we will be supplying replacement parts through a slightly different method than normal.

We have ordered replacement plastic figures and these will sent through our supply chain - from regional distributors to local retailers - and these should arrive in stores in 4-6 weeks. Please contact the store where you purchased Middle-earth Quest, and they will be able to get you the replacement figures you need.

If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Jaffer Batica
Marketing Manager

The wait time I can understand but making those of us not having Local Game Stores
who used On-Line Stores(and FFG wasn't offering pre orders on its own On-Line Store)
now try to deal with stores ,a 1000 miles away in my case,is not Customer Servive.
It's Mis-Service

OD
Last edit: 23 Aug 2009 18:02 by Old Dwarf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2009 19:04 #38864 by Bullwinkle
Replied by Bullwinkle on topic Re:FFG Customer Service?
Is the store from which you bought the game not willing to send you the new figures?

More
23 Aug 2009 19:39 #38867 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re:FFG Customer Service?
Dude, have a heart. FFG's customer service "department" is like one chick.

I'm sure that within the 4-6 weeks it will take for the new figs to arrive, they will have sorted out a process for those that bought the game on-line.

More
23 Aug 2009 19:57 #38868 by Juniper
Replied by Juniper on topic Re:FFG Customer Service?
ubarose wrote:

Dude, have a heart. FFG's customer service "department" is like one chick.

I'm sure that within the 4-6 weeks it will take for the new figs to arrive, they will have sorted out a process for those that bought the game on-line.

Poor Thaad. I've heard that they're going to make her sculpt each replacement piece by hand out of Fimo.*

*Not really.

More
23 Aug 2009 20:03 #38869 by Old Dwarf
Replied by Old Dwarf on topic Re:FFG Customer Service?
Yes & a very hard working efficient "Chick"but this is a FFG Marketing decision,
I & others should not be made to jump through hoops & go trying to resolve the problem with
an On-Line retailer,FFG should take a little more responsibility for their screw ups & replace the Figs.directly without causing extra hassle for customers.

I don't know yet if CoolStuff will replace the Fig (and eat the shipping/packing cost)
I e-mailed them about it,so we'll see.

OD

More
23 Aug 2009 20:26 - 23 Aug 2009 20:29 #38870 by ubarose
Exactly what hoops are you having to jump through?

Give them a couple of days to get their ducks in a row. I'm sure there will be a follow up with more details regarding what the process will be for on-line retailers.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2009 20:29 by ubarose.

More
23 Aug 2009 21:03 #38871 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re:FFG Customer Service?
FFG + CoolStuff likely means a pretty smooth ride. Forward the mail to CoolStuff and sit tight for a bit. The last thing either of them wants is for you to be unhappy.

Sag.

More
23 Aug 2009 21:29 #38872 by Mr. Bistro
Replied by Mr. Bistro on topic Re:FFG Customer Service?
This was hardly FFG's screw-up - it's the manufacturers. I also don't know how anyone can call it a marketing decision, since clearly there is no advertisement involved in fixing an error. It sounds like the problem is so big they couldn't handle it by normal means. FFG is the only games company who's customer service is damn-near perfect. I sure as hell am not going to sweat them about this.

More
23 Aug 2009 22:09 #38877 by DeletedUser
Old Dwarf, so far I think you have a small inconvenience (life is full of them). Let us know if you have to wear the cost of replacement in any way. If you do, you'll have reason to gripe a little.

More
23 Aug 2009 22:17 #38878 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re:FFG Customer Service?
On my MEQ set all the horseman were broken including the Black Serpent, Ring Wraiths and Eometh and Gothmog axe is broken off. No big deal. For a few weeks the Black Serpent and Eometh will move around side ways on the board and Gothmog will have scary fist rather than an axe. At some point I'll get replacement minis.

Growing up with younger cousins around we learned to make to due with games with missing and broken pieces. On my electric football the red side had 9 guys that worked and one guy that the base was broken and the blue side had 9 guys and a flame throwing army man. The footballs were lost after the first couple of hours but I figured out had to make a kind of spitball football. My favorite players was the running back on the red team and he was missing half his right arm. When ever the spitball football was fumbled me and Tony R. (the kid who lived across the street from me) would yell FUMBLE and we'd turn the power on full power and we'd watch the players bounce around until a football mini or flame throwing army man touched the spitball football. Note: Uba hated electric football especially fumbles. But broken minis for 6 weeks? Yea, I can live with broken minis for 6 weeks.

More
23 Aug 2009 22:23 #38881 by mjl1783
Replied by mjl1783 on topic Re:FFG Customer Service?
So, you guys were all this defensive on Valley Games' behalf when they had trouble with their manufacturers, right?

More
23 Aug 2009 22:51 #38883 by ubarose
KingPut wrote:

Growing up with younger cousins around we learned to make to due with games with missing and broken pieces. On my electric football the red side had 9 guys that worked and one guy that the base was broken and the blue side had 9 guys and a flame throwing army man. The footballs were lost after the first couple of hours but I figured out had to make a kind of spitball football. My favorite players was the running back on the red team and he was missing half his right arm. When ever the spitball football was fumbled me and Tony R. (the kid who lived across the street from me) would yell FUMBLE and we'd turn the power on full power and we'd watch the players bounce around until a football mini or flame throwing army man touched the spitball football. Note: Uba hated electric football especially fumbles.

LMAO! Every word of this is true. Boys!

More
23 Aug 2009 22:51 #38884 by Space Ghost
mjl1783 wrote:

So, you guys were all this defensive on Valley Games' behalf when they had trouble with their manufacturers, right?

Yeah...very true. Although, I don't usually bitch too much because shit happens. However, to be fair, FFG has a history of stellar customer service (Thadd is a pure pleasure to deal with -- and she even writes witty little notes on the pieces) while VG has nothing but a track record of ineptitude (but the end products are very enjoyable).

As far as MEQ, one of my horses was broken off the base. Looks like superglue will fix it (same thing I did with the StarCraft pieces that were broken off).

More
23 Aug 2009 22:55 #38885 by DeletedUser
mjl1783 wrote:

I don't readily recall the Valley Games episode, but I wasn't responding to the OP defensively, just calling it as I see it. Broken minis being replaced free of charge is an inconvenience, regardless of the gaming company involved. So you have to go through a third party - big deal.

More
23 Aug 2009 23:05 - 23 Aug 2009 23:11 #38886 by mjl1783
Replied by mjl1783 on topic Re:FFG Customer Service?
Oh, it sounds like VG are absolutely awful to deal with. My Titan was just fine, though, so I guess I was lucky.

But still, a screw up's a screw up, and I don't really blame Old Dwarf for being a bit peeved about it, even though it's probably too early to start complaining on other websites. When you pay $80 for a game under the assumption that the components are top shelf, and then they turn out not to be, I think it's fair not to expect to have to deal with an outside party.

It may not have been FFG's fault, but it is their responsibility.

I don't readily recall the Valley Games episode, but I wasn't responding to the OP defensively, just calling it as I see it. Broken minis being replaced free of charge is an inconvenience, regardless of the gaming company involved. So you have to go through a third party - big deal.

I know, and that's usually my attitude too. I was just teasing you guys 'cause, y'know, you're a bunch of FFG butt kissers, and it's time to rise up and destroy the company because they're so successful.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2009 23:11 by mjl1783.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds