October 09, 2023
2623 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2816 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Finally got a copy of DIVINE RIGHT, need some help

More
08 Sep 2009 16:04 #40740 by Michael Barnes
So, at Dragon Con, a friend of mine was buying this $100 ALIENS poster for Michael Biehn to sign and I was milling around and noticed that the vendor had a small pile of old games...they were pretty beat up, but the prices were right- SAMURAI SWORDS and CONQUEST OF THE EMPIRE for $20 for example. They had a copy of the old GDW game SNAPSHOT...but inside it were the rulebooks for about six Metagaming/Task Force games titles. But no god damned components. I thought I had hit the motherlode at first.

But anyway, I saw a box under the table. I picked it up, and it was the 25th anniversary edition of DIVINE RIGHT. The guy said "I put it down there because it's missing the rulebook...you can have it for for ten bucks." I handed the man ten bucks and walked away as quickly as possible.

Now, it's unpunched and mostly complete, surprisingly enough. But I want to see if any of you guys have the CD-ROM (missing) that you could copy for me or the rulebook. Yeah, I know it's online but I'd like to have a scan of the real thing. I'm also missing about 20 counters that look like they fell off the sheets. The good news is that they're one-offs or sequences on the sheets so identifying them should be easy. Does anybody have a complete manifest for this edition?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2009 16:14 - 08 Sep 2009 16:15 #40744 by Dogmatix
I have a complete unpunched copy of this edition. Hit me with your email address and your mailing address and I'll send high-res scans of the sheets and a copy of the CD-ROM.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2009 16:15 by Dogmatix.

More
08 Sep 2009 16:29 #40745 by Shellhead
I think that I might actually have a spare CD-ROM of the rules. There were two in my box when I got mine.

More
08 Sep 2009 17:03 #40755 by Michael Barnes
You guys rule- factorygames at bellsouth.net.

I really should have bought the SPI FREEDOM IN THE GALAXY he had...just a little too much tape on the box. As in, the whole thing was covered in packing tape.

More
08 Sep 2009 17:24 #40756 by Shellhead
I own both Freedom in the Galaxy and Snapshot, and both games are in good condition. However, I might have trouble letting go of either game without at least one more play.

More
08 Sep 2009 17:34 #40758 by Almalik
No no no, it's not a Death Star ... it's a Planetary Stabilizer. Oh, and he's Adam Starlight. Good times, good times.

More
08 Sep 2009 17:43 #40760 by Jason Lutes
Oof, that's a sweet find. The free print & play version by the original designers will hopefully be going online some time soon, if you want updated rules and extra features.

More
08 Sep 2009 18:01 #40765 by Almalik
Because you need extra features after you've incorporated all the DR advanced/optional rules :) ! Hopefully DR6 (the new print 'n play version) goes back to the original map.

More
08 Sep 2009 18:05 #40767 by MrZir
I have a mostly complete original ed. that I am parting out. If you need any pieces PM me and I'll see if I have them.

More
08 Sep 2009 18:41 - 08 Sep 2009 18:42 #40778 by Shellhead
I was one of the playtesters for the 25th anniversary edition, though long before Glenn cut a deal with Right Stuf for distribution, so my name isn't in the rules anywhere. In all the playtest games that I was in (less than a dozen) we generally enjoyed the intermediate rules but found the advanced optional rules to be too fiddly and/or corner-case.

Btw, if memory serves, I think there may already be counter sheet scans on that CD-ROM.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2009 18:42 by Shellhead.

More
08 Sep 2009 18:43 #40780 by Shellhead
MrZir wrote:

I have a mostly complete original ed. that I am parting out. If you need any pieces PM me and I'll see if I have them.

The pieces from the original set are kind of incompatible with the newer set. They don't stack well together because the new ones are larger, and the color schemes for all the kingdoms changed.

More
09 Sep 2009 02:20 #40818 by Dogmatix
Barnes: The CD has all the rule sets along with full PDF scans of replacement parts. I'll give Shelly a few days to see if he has a spare original before sending down a burned copy. The thing is ~280MB, so I can't use my normal Yousendit approach unless you want individual files in a few batches.

Also, out of curiosity, did your version include a certificate of authenticity? I just noticed one in my copy, so I'm curious what # your copy might be [and I don't think the counters fell out of the tree--they're friggin' perforated, not die-cut, so someone probably randomly punched a few unless you're missing a whole strip...]

More
09 Sep 2009 11:36 #40841 by MrZir
Shellhead wrote:

MrZir wrote:

The pieces from the original set are kind of incompatible with the newer set. They don't stack well together because the new ones are larger, and the color schemes for all the kingdoms changed.

Once again, an attempt to be helpful thwarted by ignorance. Thanks for setting that straight!

More
10 Sep 2009 22:55 #40973 by Shellhead
Barnes, I just sent you the three rules files, basic, intermediate and advance. I also sent you the replacement counter sheet file. I will attempt to compress and send the entire contents of the disk tomorrow, though 5/6 of the file space is taken up by histories of each country in Mivior from the series of articles in Dragon magazine. It will take me until the weekend before I figure out if I still have a spare disk that came with the game.

More
10 Sep 2009 23:31 #40975 by Dogmatix
Shellhead wrote:

Barnes, I just sent you the three rules files, basic, intermediate and advance. I also sent you the replacement counter sheet file. I will attempt to compress and send the entire contents of the disk tomorrow, though 5/6 of the file space is taken up by histories of each country in Mivior from the series of articles in Dragon magazine. It will take me until the weekend before I figure out if I still have a spare disk that came with the game.

I've got a copy burned up ready to send down there if you don't have an original.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds