October 09, 2023
2635 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2825 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

AT Games You Want Re-Printed?

More
17 Dec 2009 17:20 #50506 by san il defanso
Michael Barnes wrote:

BLOOD ROYALE was actually announced by FFG ages ago when the GW deal was first made public, but it seemed to have disappeared along with REINS OF POWER.

I think the official party line was that they couldn't figure out a way to make the game fit in any kind of reasonable timeframe. I've never played, so I wouldn't know.

I don't have this rich Ameritrash history like a lot of other people on this site, but off the top of my head...

Dune - I will settle for the FFG reprint/retheme, but I'd love to have the original game, with theme intact. I like the book a lot, and I love Cosmic Encounter.

Dungeonquest - I like Descent, but I'd love something that played faster and was way more direct. This looks like a lot of fun.

Merchant of Venus - Just because the theme looks like fun, and because its so highly regarded on this site.

I think its interesting that I'm strictly going on the reputation of these games. I haven't played any of them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2009 17:20 #50507 by mjl1783
Once we start getting into some of the more obscure stuff- H.M.S. PANDORA, COLDITZ (very obscure in the US), LAST FRONTIER, and so on- we're really getting into niche stuff where really, the aftermarket supply meets demand. And they're not really the games that _need_ to be made available to a wider audience so much.

Some of these games are niche stuff for the simple reason that they were produced by small companies (relative to other board game publishers), in smaller quantities. So, a smaller section of their target audience got to play them when they were in print.

Some of them were just ahead of their time. Block Mania was. Gunslinger too. They'd still feel modern today were they to be brought back.

More
17 Dec 2009 21:11 #50527 by Mr. White
Haven't played Gunslinger or Cowboys: Way of the Gun, but I understand that Cowboys is pretty simple. Too simple. Would it be possible for Worthington to release maybe an 'Advanced Play' book or something and fill the void of Gunslinger?

Seems like an easy way to raise the profile of their game and make a buck. Up what they already have with an expansion. Heck maybe even a pdf if that's all that's needed.

More
17 Dec 2009 22:25 #50540 by mjl1783
Cowboys: The Way of the Gun is awful.

The fans of the game actually did try to fix the game for Worthington by coming up with some advanced rules. Worthington endorsed the rules. It still sucks pretty hard.

More
18 Dec 2009 09:48 #50581 by Columbob
Michael Barnes wrote:

SPACE CRUSADE is an awesome game, and GW really should have looked at it as a way to get kids into 40K. Sadly, I bet the bulk of the reprint rights lie with Milton Bradley. Not that GW would act on them...I'm just sayin'.

I think Hasbro bought Milton Bradley. I remember a few years ago, the rules to HQ and the expansions released in the US (not sure if SC ever was, maybe it was just imported) were PDFed and widely available on the Hasbro site.

More
18 Dec 2009 17:09 #50691 by Mr. Bistro
DungeonQuest - Never played it. I would dearly love to. I fear that if it were to be rereleased it would be tinkered with too much.

The Great Khan Game - I love this old thing dearly and always thought it deserved a better production. All it needs is its combat system cleaned up a bit and it would be good to go.

Mertwig's Maze - Sadly the best Wham games just don't get remade like the others.

More
18 Dec 2009 17:28 - 18 Dec 2009 17:29 #50698 by maka
Just remembered. The other day I read about the John Carter of Mars game from SPI (I think it was?) It seems to be a pretty good adventure game which uses two maps, a world map for traveling through Mars and small tactical maps for the one-on-one fights.

It really seems like a game that would be worth re-developing (from what people say, tactical combat isn't so good).
Last edit: 18 Dec 2009 17:29 by maka.

More
18 Dec 2009 17:49 #50703 by Gary Sax
I would love to play Gunslinger. Sounds very cool.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds