October 09, 2023
2550 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2746 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

not quite movie review: Wanted

More
27 Jun 2008 13:59 - 27 Jun 2008 14:00 #7973 by Stephen Avery
this isn't actually a review because I'm far too lazy to write that. Its more of just a heads up.

Insanely cool stunts: Check
Gratuitious action : Check
Agelina JoLee looking hot: Check
Ridiculous plotline and plot holes galore...Uhm well: Check

Okay I'm good.
Thats all I need from a great summer movie. Some might say my standards are low but I prefer to think of it as "easy to entertain." The story is about an average guy becoming an super assassin. Though the lead still looks kinda wimpy even during the tough parts, he gives a credible if not quote convincing performance. The training sequence was probably my least favorite part as I could never buy in that he was making the transition from wimpy office worker to elite assassin. All that was quickly forgotten though as another barrage of incredibly cool stunts delighted and amazed me. The stunts run the gamut of slow moe bullet trajectory, wild car chases, outrageous gun fights...and my favorite the slow moe outrageous gun fight carchase...
Seriously though, the action sequences are all well thought out and well coregraphed with enough surprises to keep my attention glued to the screen.

Really. Some are way over the top. But that's what I want...Stunts that make you groan and go WOW at the same time. If you're looking for any klind of depth, you'd better skip this one. If you're looking for Angelina JoLee looking hot while firing upside down backwards and simultaneusly driving a car, you'd better not miss it.

So Sayeth Tanktop
Steve "Extreme Vengence" Avery

P.S. "Extreme Vengence" is a little known RPG Game where you play action heros whose powers are all derived from movie stunts and tricks. This movie is as Extreme Vengence as it gets.
Last edit: 27 Jun 2008 14:00 by Stephen Avery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2008 14:44 #7976 by moofrank
Directed by the psychotically insane Russian dude who did Nightwatch and Daywatch: Check.

Has Angelina Jolie playing a character who seems a lot like the demon chick who drives a car along the side of a building in Daywatch: Check.

More
27 Jun 2008 16:38 #7977 by Michael Barnes
I'm shocked that Tanktop was able to string together so many words to express his thoughts on the picture...I expected this post to read:

"I LIEK MOVIE W/BOOB & BOMB"

Timor Bekmambetov is a fucking nut. NIGHTWATCH was the most incomprehensible, sanity-draining void of logic and reason I had ever seen until I saw DAYWATCH. I'm still trying to sort out what happened in that movie. And the thing about it is that _something_ was going on but you get the impression that something really is going on, but Timbo just doesn't want to tell you- "instead, watch this crazy bullshit for a while".

"Chalk of Fate"? Tamerlane? Juice box sorcery? Wasn't this about vampires at some point? The mind reels!

More
27 Jun 2008 19:39 #7981 by Stephen Avery
actualy I like your review better. Its concise, direct and encompasses all the best things about the movie. I officially change my review to:
"I LIEK MOVIE W/BOOB & BOMB"

Steve"Me_Want_Boom!"Avery

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds