October 09, 2023
2699 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2865 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Trashfest 2009 April 30 - May 3, 2009

More
09 Feb 2009 20:15 #20654 by KingPut
I think since we'll have 2 Battleball games we'll have to have a Battleball Tournament. We'll also have 12 Wings of War Minis so 6 on 6 Wing on War, Rock'em Sock'em Robots, Tumbling Dice and of coarse late night thirteen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2009 23:29 #20663 by Sagrilarus
Well crap, it sounds like I may have to show up at some point, and I may have to take the light rail so I'm sober before I get back to the car.

I gotta figure out a way to cancel the family Disney trip scheduled for that week.

Sag.

More
09 Feb 2009 23:54 #20665 by Dogmatix
KingPut wrote:

I think since we'll have 2 Battleball games we'll have to have a Battleball Tournament. We'll also have 12 Wings of War Minis so 6 on 6 Wing on War, Rock'em Sock'em Robots, Tumbling Dice and of coarse late night thirteen.

Ah wings of war--my worst case of game consumerism. I love the minis so I keep buying them, regardless of how few games I've gotten to play of it thus far :)

So, that said, I can actually bring close to a full set of Wings of War minis for the sake of variety. I haven't quite finished off wave 3 yet but likely will by the time Trashfest rolls 'round.

More
10 Feb 2009 09:20 #20686 by Stephen Avery
I'm keeping the game I bring smallish so I can get away with carry-on luggage. Is there a descent flea market or do they not sell games at you trashefests?

Steve"BargainShopper"Avery

More
11 Feb 2009 11:43 #20812 by KingPut
There is 2-3 vendors Friday - Sunday. A small silent auction with 30+ games. You can sometimes get a good deal at the silent auction. Also there should be a no shipping Math trade. I'll keep you informed about the math trade.

More
15 Feb 2009 23:30 #21301 by KingPut
Trashfest 2009 is now official. I was shocked but the president of GCOM was happy to have us back. Last year we helped to bring in about 25% more people Game Days. So the Prez couldn't argue with that, however, he didn't realize that Steve Avery is coming to Trashfest so now we're expecting attendance to be down 40%.

What is different about this year is that we're inviting the Grognards like Dogmatic. It's now TRASHFEST / WARFEST 2009: April 30 - May 3, 2009

Here some stuff from the Trashfest flier:
Holiday Inn Hotel
9615 Deereco Road
Timonium, Maryland 21093

What: Trashfest is an open wild card style tournament that will focus on Ameritrash games and War games. This year we have added Warfest 2009. So whether you like rolling dice or pushing chits we have a game for you.

Example Trashfest games: Battlestar Galactica, Fury of Dracula, Android, Prophesy, Arkham Horror, Twilight Imperium, Star Craft, Descent, Doom, World of Warcraft, Battleball, Wings of War, Shadow Hunters, Civilization, Titan, War of the Ring, Talisman

Examples Warfest games: Twilight Struggles, Here I Stand, Warriors of God, Manoeuvre, Napoleons Triumph, Squad Leader, Sword of Rome, Combat Commander, Conflict of Heroes, Paths of Glory, Friedrich, Hammer of the Scots, Axis and Allies

Registration part of Game Days: Deadline: Friday, April 24th, 2009: All Four days $40. Any one day $15.
GCOM Supporting Members: All Four days $35. Any one day $10.
On Site Lodging Info: Holiday Inn, 9615 Deereco Road, Timonium, MD. 21093. 1-800-235-3297, 410-560-1000, Off I-83 Exit 17, Padonia Road. The Days Hotel is a half-mile walk from the Light Rail connection to BWI Airport. BWI Airport Shuttle available. Convention special room rate: $79. You must mention Game Days and must be booked by April 15th, 2008 to get the special room rate.
Days Hotel website: www.dayshoteltimonium.com

Trashfest/Warfest Schedule: TBD

If you are interested in participating in Trashfest / Warfest please post on the other site http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3129385#3129385 and tell let me know what days you are planning on attending Game Days, what are the top 10 games you’re interested in playing and if you’re interested in running a demo.

Link to the Game Days web page:
http://gamedays.gamesclubofmd.org/

More
15 Feb 2009 23:39 #21303 by Sagrilarus
It's frackin' killing me that I can't make this.

Sag.

More
19 Feb 2009 11:26 #21718 by Stephen Avery
KK- Its official. I just booked the airline tickets.

Flight 444 Airtran is arriving 10:21 Thursday April 30 in BWI. With the one hour skyrail ride that puts me at the hotel around noon.

I debated on an early or later trip back Sunday but think we'll be pretty fried so I went with a noon trip back (leaving the hotel around 10ish for Skyrail +1 hour check in time)

So Who is the unlucky victim that I'm rooming with? I tend to go to bed earlier than late because I'm used to waking up at 5am.

Steve"Snores_like_a_frieght_train"Avery

More
19 Feb 2009 11:32 #21721 by Ken B.

Example Trashfest games: Battlestar Galactica, Fury of Dracula, Android, Prophesy, Arkham Horror, Twilight Imperium, Star Craft, Descent, Doom, World of Warcraft, Battleball, Wings of War, Shadow Hunters, Civilization, Titan, War of the Ring, Talisman

Examples Warfest games: Twilight Struggles, Here I Stand, Warriors of God, Manoeuvre, Napoleons Triumph, Squad Leader, Sword of Rome, Combat Commander, Conflict of Heroes, Paths of Glory, Friedrich, Hammer of the Scots, Axis and Allies

Holy shit, this reads like "Games Ken B. Wants and/or Likes to Play."

More
19 Feb 2009 11:40 #21723 by Stephen Avery
Tickets are $64 ($74 on Sunday) though today. Come on up. I'll go easy on you in War on Terror...

Steve"Get Ken!"Avery

More
19 Feb 2009 20:16 #21780 by KingPut
Steve we'll see if we can rope Skabarron into picking up. I think he's heading up Thursday and drives right by the airport.

Ken $300 or 400 sounds like a lot of money for 70 hours of of gaming but in my book I'd rather spend a few hundred actually playing games than spending the money on buying games that'll collect dust.

More
20 Feb 2009 08:54 #21821 by Stephen Avery
If not the Light rail is almost a strait shot there. I'm looking forward to it!

Steve"Corrupting_MD"Avery

More
20 Feb 2009 17:54 #21893 by Dogmatix
Stephen Avery wrote:

If not the Light rail is almost a strait shot there. I'm looking forward to it!

Steve"Corrupting_MD"Avery

Steve--depending on how the gaming breaks out, you may be crashing in my Suite. If you're an "earlier versus later" person, I'm not sure which room would be better--one full of drunken ATers and their loud games or a room full of drunken wargamers with their never-ending games. We may just have to put you on a roll-away, tranquilize you, and move you between rooms as needed.

Now, here's one of the most important question for you attendee-bitches:

Should I be bringing my complete 1st edition Space Hulk set ? I've not had a chance to break this out since finally picking whole shebang up on Ebay last year (which also means, FYI, that I haven't played the game at all in about 18 years) and I'd *love* to get it to the table if there's enough interest.

More
20 Feb 2009 18:44 #21903 by Stephen Avery
I'll go with drunken rowdy people any day. Also even though I snore like a freight train, I can (and have) sleep though a hurricane.

I'll totally play Space hulk with you. My interest is rekindled becuase I finally got around to painting my set. There are some interesting multiplayer rules floating around the internet. I'd love to give them a try. I'm trying to figure out what super cheesy game I love that I can bring but still fit in carry-on (Its looking like Stange Synergy might be a contender or pehaps Cut throat caverns)

We might want to start a new thread about what games we're bringing to avoid to much overlap.

Steve"Can't_Wait"Avery

More
20 Feb 2009 18:57 #21908 by Thaadd
Hmm. Must run some numbers. (aka, do your freaking taxes, girl. god, how I hate doing taxes)

I would love to go, but not sure if I can swing two trips in spring. Pondering it.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds