October 09, 2023
2839 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2984 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Which Cons are you going to?

More
04 May 2010 14:02 #61809 by Msample
Didn't GenCon used to be a couple of weeks later ? It now conflicts with WBC. Not a lot of overlap for gamers, but it does present conflicts for a few game vendors like Z Man or Rio Grande.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2010 14:51 #61810 by Shellhead
Msample wrote:

Didn't GenCon used to be a couple of weeks later ? It now conflicts with WBC. Not a lot of overlap for gamers, but it does present conflicts for a few game vendors like Z Man or Rio Grande.

Yeah, GenCon used to be in the third week of August. One problem with having GenCon in Indy is that there are now two races per year at the Speedway, and one of them is in August. So GenCon gets bumped forward.

GenCon will be in mid-August in 2012, 2013, and 2014. In 2015, it will start on July 30 and end on August 2. No date (or location) has been scheduled yet for 2016.

More
04 May 2010 15:38 #61818 by Bulwyf
Stephen Avery wrote:

So Anyone checking out BGGcon this year? Zev said it was one of the better ones.

Steve"Summer-itis"Avery

Yep. The wife and I have made our reservations and were looking forward to the extended schedule. (This year BGG.Con starts on Wed) Between the huge game library and whatever favorites the other attendees bring, there's bound to be something you'll want to play. This year my goal is to get a lot of my train and wargames played. Labyrinth or Wilderness War anyone?

-Will

More
04 May 2010 15:41 #61819 by Msample
Shellhead wrote:
One problem with having GenCon in Indy is that there are now two races per year at the Speedway, and one of them is in August. So GenCon gets bumped forward.

GenCon will be in mid-August in 2012, 2013, and 2014. In 2015, it will start on July 30 and end on August 2. No date (or location) has been scheduled yet for 2016.[/quote]

There could be a third race there in the future if Formula 1 (hopefully) returns to the US. It would probably be a summer date again, although not in August.

Indy is cheap for sure, but it must be a pain for people to get to that have to fly from far away.

More
04 May 2010 16:30 #61825 by metalface13
I'm not going to be able to make it with moving/starting school. :(

More
05 May 2010 08:39 #61919 by MattFantastic
Definitely no GenCon cause I'm going to WBC for Zev. I might be at Origins doing D&D/Wizards stuff but I'm not sure yet.

BGGCon is out this year cause I'll be student teaching then and can't go anywhere, but it's right near my in-laws at a time of year we like to go down so maybe it's in the future.

More
05 May 2010 09:10 #61920 by ubarose
MattLoter wrote:

Definitely no GenCon cause I'm going to WBC for Zev.

Excellent. We will have to get together in the evening for a game, if you are not drop dead exhausted from running the booth.

More
05 May 2010 09:10 #61921 by ZMan
Definitely come get me at Origins and Gen Con. I will be gaming in the evening, though I have been made Guest of Honor at Origins so I'll have some things I must do to fulfill that role.

Matt and Michael (thanks, guys!) are helping me out by working my booth at WBC.

Gen Con marks my tenth anniversary and I plan on doing a raffle wherein the winner gets 1 of every game I published and is in the warehouse at Gen Con time.

I might be at BGG - they have done away with all but one vendor (from what I'm told) so if I show it will be to purely game (ok, to do some prototypes as well). Still, not sure if I can justify the time away for this. But I am registered and got a hotel reservation just in case. Plus, I don't want to miss out on the BBQ places we found there.

Zev

More
05 May 2010 09:33 #61925 by Sagrilarus
ZMan wrote:

I might be at BGG - they have done away with all but one vendor (from what I'm told)

That just happened to slip out while you were typing?

S.

More
05 May 2010 09:54 #61933 by flim_flam
I will be at WBC working the Z-Man booth with Matt. I apologize in advance to all of Zev's fans that were hoping to see him at WBC. Instead you get....us

I hope to hook up with some F:ATies (that means you, Put Put!) for some gaming when the booth closes for the evening

More
05 May 2010 09:56 - 05 May 2010 09:56 #61934 by flim_flam
ZMan wrote:

I might be at BGG - they have done away with all but one vendor (from what I'm told)

Let me guess, Thoughthammer? BGG sure loves them some Thoughthammer for some reason
Last edit: 05 May 2010 09:56 by flim_flam.

More
05 May 2010 11:48 #61961 by Msample
I suspect Thoughthammer appeals to the BGG.con organizers because it is "one stop shopping" and since the con has sold out several years , space would seem to be at a premium.

Or they get a piece of the action. From TH's perspective, talk about a captive audience.

More
05 May 2010 12:50 #61982 by Space Ghost
Msample wrote:

I suspect Thoughthammer appeals to the BGG.con organizers because it is "one stop shopping" and since the con has sold out several years , space would seem to be at a premium.

Or they get a piece of the action. From TH's perspective, talk about a captive audience.

I believe that Thoughthammer is in Lubbock, TX as well -- so it is pretty close to them, which probably breeds some type affinity. Also, the whole Texas loyalty thing (which really can't be undersestimated :) )

More
05 May 2010 13:23 #61985 by Chapel
I'll be at BGG.CON this year(and with baby realities, that will be the only one).. I would like to get into an RPG or two.

More
05 May 2010 13:33 #61987 by Mr. White
Space Ghost wrote:

Msample wrote:

I believe that Thoughthammer is in Lubbock, TX as well -- so it is pretty close to them, which probably breeds some type affinity. Also, the whole Texas loyalty thing (which really can't be undersestimated :) )

Thoughthammer, like all things good, is out of Austin. Which means, when doing an online order I need to look elsewhere to skip that sales tax.

When paying sales tax, I'd rather just buy from a brick and mortar than an online distributor.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds