October 09, 2023
2635 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2825 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

The Spare Parts Thread

More
06 Sep 2011 20:39 - 06 Oct 2011 13:01 #102815 by Aarontu
I have to say, there are some mighty generous FA:Tties, here. Not to point anyone out in particular, but Dogmatix has helped me finish my copy of HeroQuest, and a couple years ago, I obtained from him some extra cards for a dead CCG I was playing with. I have some spare parts for a few games, and I'm sure that other people also have and/or need parts, so here's a single thread where we can try to get all our incomplete games completed. I figure this can be a useful thread if anyone with spare parts or incomplete games makes a post with their HAVES and WANTS for spare parts.

I'll start:
HAVE:
-I have some extra pieces, instructions, road bonus die, and board for THUNDER ROAD
-all the cards from the BI version of TALISMAN 4th edition (all the stuff replaced by FFG's upgrade pack)
-VIETNAM 1965-1975: half of the map
-I have about a thousand counters from an unknown wargame. Half are red, half are blue, and they are all either tanks or simple black triangles/arrows. If you have any idea what game these are from, let me know (they came in the box of VIETNAM when I bought it at the thrift store, but they are clearly not from that game)
-MAD GAB (timer, card stand, everything except the box, really)
-Also, I have a bunch of spare cards from a variety of old CCGs if anyone wants some: Overpower, Star Trek CCG, Star Wars CCG, SimCity, and Tomb Raider (including several extra Tomb Raider figures)

WANT: The only incomplete games I have are:
FIREBALL ISLAND: missing the leg of the rectangular bridge, a hexagonal token, and some fireballs (I found some red/orange marbles that work)
FORBIDDEN BRIDGE: missing a couple railing bits and one of the cardboard jungle walls
DARK TOWER: missing the tan colored player figure, an orange key piece, and flags for the blue and red players.

-I don't expect anyone to have any extra bits for these, though. :p
Last edit: 06 Oct 2011 13:01 by Aarontu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2011 20:45 - 06 Oct 2011 18:20 #102817 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re: The Spare Parts Thread
HAVES
I have an extra board for MARVEL HEROES. From what people tell me, that thing could get really twisted, but neither of the ones in the box I traded for looks overly weird. Claimed by wdgrant.

WANTS
3M WIN PLACE AND SHOW horses without broken legs.
Last edit: 06 Oct 2011 18:20 by jeb.

More
07 Sep 2011 02:06 #102845 by mjl1783
Replied by mjl1783 on topic Re: The Spare Parts Thread
HAVE:

- What appears to be a complete set of counters for Yaquinto's Swashbuckler.

- A ton of counters for Avalon Hill's Freedom in the Galaxy

WANT:

This shit out of my house.

More
07 Sep 2011 08:26 #102853 by Matt Thrower
HAVE

- Counters, box and other stuff for Air & Armor

WANT

Last Night on Earth: Sun Track & Spawning Pit

Fury of Dracula (GW): Harker Vampire counter & Dr Seward metal figure

Dungeonquent (GW): Single 1 value snotling counter, ring & combat chits

Space Hulk (GW): Five genestealers

More
07 Sep 2011 14:40 #102867 by ThirstyMan

mjl1783 wrote: HAVE:

- What appears to be a complete set of counters for Yaquinto's Swashbuckler.

WANT:

This shit out of my house.

Now if I could find the board and rules for this, I would go for it. I played this when I was a small kiddywinky and greatly enjoyed it. As I remember a game of plotting your position and hoping you collide with someone else plotting an elaborate move.

Lost in the never ending round of divorces, game trashing etc

More
07 Sep 2011 18:20 #102877 by VonTush
Replied by VonTush on topic Re: The Spare Parts Thread
HAVE:
-Pretty much a complete set of tiles and counters from Space Hulk 1st Ed
-Extra Pegs for Tumblin' Dice

WANT:
-DungeonQuest (GW): 130 Gold Piece Token
-Broadsides and Boarding Parties: 1x Cannon; 4x Damage Markers; Rulebook
-Fury of Dracula (GW): 1x Vampire Counter with Headband
-Gunslinger: 1x C45-'C'; 1x H44-'C'; 1x 'Head' Counter

More
12 Sep 2011 16:44 - 12 Sep 2011 16:45 #103203 by lj1983
Replied by lj1983 on topic Re: The Spare Parts Thread
HAVE:

counters/maps for AH Afrika Korps
assorted extra pieces (including 1 miniature Mammoth MkII) for Earth Reborn.

WANT:

1 blue legion for Mare Nostrum. I know you can buy these from a site in Germany I just don't want to pay shipping for 1 freaking piece over seas.

Egyptian Fleet Counter for Successors 3rd
Last edit: 12 Sep 2011 16:45 by lj1983.

More
13 Sep 2011 17:05 - 13 Sep 2011 21:47 #103269 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re: The Spare Parts Thread

Aarontu wrote: WANT: The only incomplete games I have are:
FIREBALL ISLAND: missing the leg of the rectangular bridge, a hexagonal token, and some fireballs
FORBIDDEN BRIDGE: missing a couple railing bits and one of the cardboard jungle walls
DARK TOWER: missing a bunch of crap

Uh...you're a dope for not starting this 2 months ago as I just re-thrifted my entire tub of spare parts [scattered into otherwise complete games as "bonus items"], which included everything you needed for Fireball Island and Forbidden Bridge (I gave up on ever completing FI; Forbidden Bridge, on the other hand, crops up in thrift stores a couple times a year around here, but I got out of the business of selling used games on ebay a couple of years ago)

As for Dark Tower--I have an unpunched copy I'm holding on to in the hopes that the Tower can actually be fixed. My 2nd copy [with a Tower beyond hope of repair], however, is part-a-licious. Send me your list of needs--and if it includes "red pegs", just go to a thrift store and spend a buck on a 70s-early 80s vintage BattleShip (the one with the red and blue plastic cases) as the pegs are exactly the same. The big Guardian Angel thrift in Fuquay-Varina will have one laying around (yea, I know all the thrift stores in the Greater Raleigh-Durham Metro Area thanks to annual trips down for Widespread Panic's run at Walnut Creek--will be there next week, in fact [though not at WC this year; will be in downtown Raleigh])

THROWER: Which vintage of Genestealer do you need? I have approximately eleventy billion of them from the Space Crusade/1st ed. Space Hulk era thanks piecing together a complete copy of the Genestealer expansion through multiple parts auctions.

Have: Less than I used to...but keep posting your wants as I still come across bags of parts now and again and I'm a Thrift Scrounge Master when it comes to this shit--if it's a wargame or a valuable game [when complete] and under $6, chances are, I'll pick it up because someone I know will want/need parts. (And I tend to buy all 3M bookshelf games for parts)

As for other stuff handy now:
- Base Heroquest [US version]--metric shit-ton of figures, cards, and dice. Possibly some expansion figs [think I have some extra ugly ogres around here--bad paint job guaranteed...]; 1 stone door [Ogre Horde used these]; most of a german copy of Morcar expansion

-Space Crusade: Extra doors [heaps], Mission Dreadnought mission book, MD big floor tile [and possibly the 2 hallways too--waiting on a purchase to arrive to see what's actually in the mystery bag], MD weapons card and some heavy weaps; all sorts of blips/reinforcements--ask as I picked up a few different "cardboard lots" really cheap [sellers bundled "common" Space Crusade base game bits with expansion shit] to complete my expansions.

-Space Hulk: Tons of 1st edition tiles.

-Devil's Den (TAHGC): Spare copy missing 3 chits to complete. (If you're an ASL player, this is the game you need the map from to play the "ASL at Gettysburg special scenario" from The General.)

-Speed Circuit (3M long plastic box): Full copy

-The Stock Car Championship Racing Game: Spare track deck I think [not sure I still have this, nor do I remember which track off the top of my head]. Speaking of this game--it's fun as hell, but do NOT pay the monster $ that folks on TOS are selling it for without shooting a note to Mike Garton (designer & publisher) first as he may still have enough parts in his garage to put together a perfectly playable set [and the expansion tracks were up on that print-on-demand game/parts site for like $12 each if you can find them on the site] minus the box for a very reasonable price.

-Cedar Mountain (S&T) spare set of counters

-China War (S&T) spare set of counters

-Fortress America: possibly a spare 5th Column expansion (FYI: the rules for this are up on Der Geek and the parts are all from a mediocre Milton Bradley or Parker Bros game called Power Barons, so you can actually build 4 expansion sets from 1 copy of that game)

-SPI flatpack games: many dupes or games I simply want to be rid of as I know I'll never play them. If you have needs, let me know.

Need: Rebel Sabres [TSR/SPI]: I need 3 fucking counters--it's some sort of marker that was unique to this game in the series and all 3 are missing. If anyone actually has parts for this, let me know and I'll track down precisely what I need.

-Warhammer Quest: Pits & Traps expansion [this was a Citadel Journal publication, but it included 4 actual tiles [real ones, not the "cut me out of the back cover" sort], which was out of the ordinary for that publication]

-Heroquest Elf Expansion Back: Need 1 crystal ball tile for sure. May need 1 or 2 others that were unique to that set. Also need the elf mage figure [bought a recast from some Euro seller cheap a while back but, unlike his other recasts, this one is really lousy quality] and 2 elf bowmen.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2011 21:47 by Dogmatix.

More
13 Sep 2011 18:31 - 13 Sep 2011 18:32 #103285 by Notahandle
I'm interested in the McGartlin and 5th Column stuff, can you please TrashMail me some details?

Come to that, if anyone has an Irondale - the City Complete box that they don't want...
Last edit: 13 Sep 2011 18:32 by Notahandle.

More
14 Sep 2011 17:01 #103383 by Aarontu
Replied by Aarontu on topic Re: The Spare Parts Thread

Dogmatix wrote:

Aarontu wrote: WANT: The only incomplete games I have are:
FIREBALL ISLAND: missing the leg of the rectangular bridge, a hexagonal token, and some fireballs
DARK TOWER: missing a bunch of crap

Uh...you're a dope for not starting this 2 months ago as I just re-thrifted my entire tub of spare parts [scattered into otherwise complete games as "bonus items"], which included everything you needed for Fireball Island and Forbidden Bridge (I gave up on ever completing FI; Forbidden Bridge, on the other hand, crops up in thrift stores a couple times a year around here, but I got out of the business of selling used games on ebay a couple of years ago)

As for Dark Tower--I have an unpunched copy I'm holding on to in the hopes that the Tower can actually be fixed. My 2nd copy [with a Tower beyond hope of repair], however, is part-a-licious. Send me your list of needs--and if it includes "red pegs", just go to a thrift store and spend a buck on a 70s-early 80s vintage BattleShip (the one with the red and blue plastic cases) as the pegs are exactly the same. The big Guardian Angel thrift in Fuquay-Varina will have one laying around (yea, I know all the thrift stores in the Greater Raleigh-Durham Metro Area thanks to annual trips down for Widespread Panic's run at Walnut Creek--will be there next week, in fact [though not at WC this year; will be in downtown Raleigh])

DANG. Oh, well. The Guardian Angel Thrift store is actually where I picked up DARK TOWER. I think it's some of the buildings and flags, and maybe one of the player figures that's missing; I'll look and figure it out. You have an unpunched copy of Dark Tower? WOW, that has got to be valuable!

More
14 Sep 2011 19:38 #103397 by Dogmatix
I got that unpunched DT for my copy of Prophecy (Z-man ed.; and a game I absolutely hated) via an unsolicited trade offer from a very, very happy Eurogamer ("swords with cubes! Yea!"). She couldn't verify Tower condition beyond "lights up and spins at first" and the box was completely shot, but I was pleased as hell as she could confirm it was complete. Since I intended to use it to complete 2 other copies I had primed to flip on ebay, that worked for me. She didn't mention "all the plastic parts were still connected together" until I had accepted the trade--after that, at every step of the trade I kept asking "are you SURE about this trade?" because, frankly, it felt like stealing. If the Tower worked, I could have flipped it quickly for $200 even in a box that was mostly packing tape (I've actually had 5 copies of the game pass through my hands--2 off Craigslist, 2 from thrifts, and this one. Haven't paid more than $10, but oddly enough, the unpunched was the cheapest since I got Prophecy from King Put in a trade for a copy of the FFG/Knizia LOTR game that I found at a thrift store for $1 ;-) ). Much as it might be worth in theory, this is the keeper copy. I'll cut the stuff off the sprues and move it to the "play stacks" as soon as I get my hands on a working Tower :). Probably have a arts-n-crafty friend of mine build me a nice box for it too.

Anyway, do send me a list as I have spares of most of the buildings and playable versions of the figs for sure (some complete figs and some that are missing a sword or some decorative element; they should, however, have all have their body parts intact. Not sure if it's age or the material itself, but those figures are cast of some sort of "in-between" type of plastic that's pliable in the thick bits and brittle as fuck in the thin spots). The flags, I'm not sure about (and don't bother asking about the white board clips--those little fuckers break if you just look at 'em wrong and I've only ever managed to get 1 completely unbroken set together out of all those copies. The 3 I've sold over the years all had at least 1 broken or re-glued clip in the box).

If you can get me the list this week, I can bring the parts to Raleigh and leave 'em for you at the front desk of the downtown Mariott we'll be staying at from Thursday night->Sunday AM if it's not too much of a hassle to swing through (if you can come into town before we head to the shows on Friday and Saturday, we can grab a beer :) )

But to keep this from being a complete derailment:

Further NEED: 1 green flag from Milton Bradley's Summit [the old Cold War-era political game].

More
14 Sep 2011 20:26 #103404 by Space Ghost
Dogmatix lives in thrift store heaven apparently. The only things around here are near-complete Connect Four's and what not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
15 Sep 2011 07:59 #103438 by Dogmatix

Space Ghost wrote: Dogmatix lives in thrift store heaven apparently.

Yea, it was really good around here until about 3 years ago. At that point, the housing and job market meltdowns finally reached DC. As a result, it seems people seriously curtailed their donations. I presume some turned to yard sales or ebay to make a buck or two on stuff they used to drop at the charity shops. Due to the huge number of former military folks in the area, I could usually score a couple of huge wargame hauls on Craigslist [people downsizing] or thrifts [usually people cleaning out late grandpa or uncle whomever's closets to sell the house; always a little depressing].

I mostly got out of the hunt when ebay upped fees to something like 10% and changed all the buyer protection rules to basically allow you to get a full refund AND keep the game if you were unhappy with absolutely anything. Stopped being worth the trouble save for extremely valuable items, which are much harder to find these days anyway.

And now:

Need/Want: Silent Death "Yuka-Shan Warworld" and "Hangar 51" sourcebooks and any minis...

More
06 Oct 2011 12:19 - 08 Oct 2011 20:36 #105132 by Aarontu
Replied by Aarontu on topic Re: The Spare Parts Thread
So, I just picked up a copy of HEROSCAPE: Rise of the Valkyrie, but it is missing the order markers, the 2 ruins, and all the figures. (It has the cards, dice, glyphs, terrain, instructions, and health tokens, though). Anybody here buy multiple copies of this for the terrain and have an extra set of figures they would be willing to sell?

WANT: HeroScape: Rise of the Valkrie - all the figures, order markers, and the 2 ruins pieces. (expecting to be fulfilled by my brother)
Last edit: 08 Oct 2011 20:36 by Aarontu.

More
06 Oct 2011 12:50 - 06 Oct 2011 12:51 #105135 by Dair
Replied by Dair on topic Re: The Spare Parts Thread

Aarontu wrote: So, I just picked up a copy of HEROSCAPE: Rise of the Valkyrie, but it is missing the order markers, the 2 ruins, and all the figures. (It has the cards, dice, glyphs, terrain, instructions, and health tokens, though). Anybody here buy multiple copies of this for the terrain and have an extra set of figures they would be willing to sell?

WANT: HeroScape: Rise of the Valkrie - all the figures, order markers, and the 2 ruins pieces.

I know I have the order markers and ruins. I'm 98% sure I have a spare set of figures. Let me double check tonight and they are yours.

edit: Do you need the cards for the figures as well?
Last edit: 06 Oct 2011 12:51 by Dair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aarontu

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds