October 09, 2023
2543 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2738 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

What's a reasonable price? Descent: The Road to Legend

More
04 Oct 2012 08:49 #135527 by scissors
Hey, anyone know what would be a reasonable price to ask for Descent: The Road to Legend (in Europe/in the US)?

The lowest I could find was for 145 US dollars plus shipping for a 'Like New' copy. Anyhow, thx for any advice. I've sold off all my Descent 1 ed. stuff except this but the prices on BGG, especially here in Europe, seem very high... doesn't seem realistic anyone would 'actually' pay some of the prices listed so the expected worth is an illusion: the items on BGG seem to be marketplace toads destined to stay up - unbought - for months.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2012 14:17 #135533 by Msample
Looking at recently Ebay auctions ( quickest way is to look on the BGG game page on the right middle side, click "Complete" , $145 does seem high. I'd think somewhere in the low $100 range would move it pretty quick.

BGG Marketplace prices are almost universally high, either due to ignorance, stubborness, or greed. If it was a reasonable price, you wouldn't see listings that are months old.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scissors

More
04 Oct 2012 14:48 #135534 by scissors
Thanks man! I just wanted to make sure I didn't want to come out of the sale a 'chump' and so long as I get a fair price, I'm happy. Seriously,some people at BGG must be nuts.

More
04 Oct 2012 15:21 #135535 by Ken B.
Yeah, you can't really use BGG's marketplace. Lots of folks are very, VERY proud of their games...I routinely see listings for used copies of games that are the same price (or higher!) than what you could get them for, right now, on Coolstuff or similar sites.

Frankly, the listings that are good or fair prices? Those sell, leaving the goofballs with their inflated listings as the only offerings for months and months and months. Fuck 'em.

Completed listings on ebay are definitely your best bet. Personally, if I were in the hunt for it, I'd pay around $100, any more than that would require some hard thought. I think you can definitely move it for that price.

More
04 Oct 2012 17:27 #135538 by dragonstout
I sold mine in May for $134 + shipping, on eBay, and it was quite well-used (the only things really beat up were the rulebook and the storage boxes, though). I had the starting price as $100, with a $134 buy-it-now, and it sold via BIN in < 24 hours. In general that's a good thing to keep in mind; obviously proper strategies vary from item to item, but having a high (i.e. not $1) starting price combined with a BIN that's not that much higher than it tempts people into using the BIN. Of course, it was also the cheapest BIN.

I've sold a bunch of things on BGG's marketplace, but yeah, I set low prices, and think about what I'd be willing to pay for a used game (hint: significantly less than brand-new at CSI).

More
04 Oct 2012 18:09 #135539 by Msample

dragonstout wrote: but yeah, I set low prices, and think about what I'd be willing to pay for a used game (hint: significantly less than brand-new at CSI).

That's what cracks me up about BGG. Home of the entitled crowd who feels that it is their constitutional right to buy everything at 30% off list price and flog any retailer who dares to do different, but totally oblivious to mail order pricing when it comes to selling their own stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
04 Oct 2012 20:22 #135543 by metalface13
I sold mine on ebay and it went for $117.50 if that helps.

More
04 Oct 2012 22:20 #135544 by jay718

Msample wrote:

dragonstout wrote: but yeah, I set low prices, and think about what I'd be willing to pay for a used game (hint: significantly less than brand-new at CSI).

That's what cracks me up about BGG. Home of the entitled crowd who feels that it is their constitutional right to buy everything at 30% off list price and flog any retailer who dares to do different, but totally oblivious to mail order pricing when it comes to selling their own stuff.

Talk about hitting the nail on the head; that couldn't have been said any better.

More
05 Oct 2012 02:18 #135547 by The Expanding Man

jay718 wrote:

Msample wrote:

Talk about hitting the nail on the head; that couldn't have been said any better.

Real life commerce as a Euro game.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds