October 09, 2023
2551 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2747 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Ken B.'s BIG TIME BARGAIN BOARDGAME SALE~! REDUCED!

More
16 Oct 2012 20:00 - 24 Oct 2012 17:33 #136152 by Ken B.
I've talked and talked about it for like a year straight, but with games piling up on the floor, in the overflow sections, stashed at work--and with more often on the way--it's time to do a purge. This is a timid first step. Several of these games I don't want to trade but they haven't been played in a year or more, and it's time to let them go.

What I did for most of these was look up their going price and often slashed it in half. A few are more than half if extras were included (like extra figures, sleeves, that sort of thing.)

Let's get the bad news out of the way first--I don't think we can use our work 'post office' to do personal international shipping. Given that the post office is across town, I'm not going to be able to do any international shipping. So U.S. Buyers Only, Please. I sincerely apologize and I know I'm only limiting my audience by doing that, but don't really have a lot of choice in the matter.

Alright, otherwise as far as shipping goes, I can do the larger games for $12 shipped, and the card games will only be a few bucks to ship. I will naturally combine shipping if you buy multiple games.

I accept Paypal, but since my end goal is to accrue credit at Coolstuffinc.com, I will give you a %5 discount (on both the games you purchase as well as shipping) if you pay with a Coolstuff gift certificate.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. To claim a game, both post here as well as send me a PM. First come, first served. If you are working out a gift certificate, PM me and we'll figure out the right price for everything. Ditto if you're buying multiple items. I will NOT gouge you on shipping.

Here we go!

Alchemist - Boardgame of brewing potions and, um, working magic. Opened, punched, unplayed. Group I was going to play this with rarely meets anymore. $12 $8

Banditos! - The game of robbing Mexican banks with characters like Honey Bunny and Pumpkin. "SuperflyTNT" Pete Ruth gives this a big thumbs up, and the theme is great with lots of funny references on the cards. Box is dinged up--it was shipped to me that way--but everything inside is in fantastic shape. $11 $6

Bang! - Not sure what edition, I've had mind since 2006. No expansions included. Still, a fun werewolf game with an actual game behind it. We played it a lot and moved on. Is in great shape. $4 $3

Botswana - Game about maximizing the points of the animals you take. Comes with incredibly cute plastic prepainted animals that your kids will enjoy. In fantastic shape, cards are sleeved to boot (kids will be kids, after all.) $10 $8

Darkness Falls on Sevinpold - Darkness can fall...on your kitchen table tonight with this game about heroes, wraiths, treasures, and plastic thrones. Seriously, this if nothing else is a fantastic game kit. In great shape. $8 $4

Detroit Grand-Prix - This was my introduction to Kramer's racing system and while I loved it at the time, now the Pegasus Spiele Top Race gets all my attention. I do like the narrow tracks with tons of nasty blocking, though, definitely the "meanest" of all his racing games. $10 $8

Evo: Second Edition - Keyartes' Small World/Vinci before there were either of those, Asmodee did a terrific job on the reprint. Lots of attacking and screwage, I'm just more likely to play Small World when that itch arises. Cards are sleeved. $20 $18

Five Fingered Severance - "I'm not even supposed to BE here today!" A game about slacker clerks on their last day of the job, trying to rob the store blind. Designer definitely has a keen sense of humor. $10

A Game of Thrones: LCG Core Set - Winter is coming...so get nestled in with FFG's LCG based on the popular Game of Thrones novels. Played a few times, in great shape. Just not willing to make the plunge. In great shape, with all the cool multi-player bits. $15 $13

Good Help - Send your assistants out to plunder corpses for your evil work. Just hope the villagers don't nab their pitchforks and torches. $13 $8

Guardians of Graxia - Summon your cards to do battle, fire off magic attacks, and crush your enemies in this fantasy version of the Panzer General system. $14 $8

Heroes of Graxia - Of all the deckbuilding games I've played, this is definitely one of them. $7 $3

JAB: Realtime Boxing - Reflex games just ain't my bag, but you can have fun slapping your friends silly. $7 $5

Junta: Viva El Presidente - Fantastic game, but of the people I can play it with, two of them own this, so mine's not needed. Shrinkwrapped, to boot. $17 $15

Minotaur Lords/Scarab Lords combo - Get this pair of Egyptian themed dueling games. Cards from both sets work together. The precursor to Knizia's Blue Moon series. $12 $6 for both.

Moto Grand Prix - Probably the prettiest game I own and have never played. Some dig it, some say it needs house rules, but it is a freaking gorgeous looking game. $19 $14

Munchkin Quest with PORTAL KOMBAT! - Love jokes about RPGers and geeks? This dungeon-crawl is just your ticket. Box is a little beat up, but all the bits are included and are in great shape. PORTAL KOMBAT~! is in shrink-wrap with the $10 price sticker still attached (slaps forehead.) $20 for both. $13

Myth: Pantheons - OOP trick-taking game with some pretty damned incredible art. Playing time keeps it from getting played with the group who would enjoy it the most. $6 $3

Shootin' Ladders: Frag Fest - Shoot 'em up spoof combining DOOM with kids' favorite CHUTES N' LADDERS. We had some fun with it, time to move it on. $12 $6

Strike Dice - Hey, it comes with a lot of d4s. D4s are awesome as they can double as caltrops in a pinch. $5 $2

Thunderstone 1st edition bundle: This one will be heavier to ship as the box seems to weight a metric shit-ton. This is Thunderstone 1st edition, a Promo Pack (the easier to get ahold of one from 2011), Doomgate Legion, Dragonspire, and Wrath of the Elements. All shipped in the Dragonspire box. Enough deckbuilding adventure to last you a lifetime. $40, the best deal of the bunch. Again, note that shipping on this will likely be higher as it's frickin' heavy. REDUCED to $35 for the lot.

Under the Shadow of the Dragon - Euro-centric adventure game and 2-player counterpart/expansion to Return of the Heroes. So go forth, and flip thy tokens. $10 $5

Vinci - Another that has suffered since Small World came out, I still dig Vinci but of the folks I game with, we're more likely to reach for Small World. This is the 1st edition version with the erroneous Specialization chit, marked with a dot so that you know to treat it as "Barbarians." Also: Includes enough Age of Mythology figures for five players, so if wooden discs aren't your thing, you can trick it out with plastic dudes doing battle. This one's a treat, and of all the stuff I'm selling today the one I waffled on the most. $30 $22

We Didn't Playtest This at All/We Didn't Playtest This Either - Yeah, I don't know. If Fluxx runs too long for you, this is your game. I will admit there are lots of funny quotes on the cards. $6 $3 for both.

Die Weinhandler - German for "The Weinhandler." A game about arranging your best wines and impressing the wine provost. There should be a drinking game in here--that would be so...literal! $6 $3

Alright, step right up, and purchase these fine wares. As always, shop smart, shop at...K-mart?
Last edit: 24 Oct 2012 17:33 by Ken B..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2012 20:44 - 16 Oct 2012 20:48 #136155 by SuperflyPete
Banditos is really fun, but Five Fingered Severance is still one of my all time favorite games. I literally just played this 2 weeks ago, twice in a row.

Fuggin love it.

Buy Ken's shit or else...

I'll wear a menacing sweatshirt and brandish an Egyptian machinegun, screaming WHO INVADES KEN'S HOME AT THIS EARLY HOUR?
Last edit: 16 Oct 2012 20:48 by SuperflyPete. Reason: LOL, added pic I sent to the owner of the sweatshirt company

More
16 Oct 2012 21:00 #136157 by Michael Barnes
Protip from one of the masters of board game selling- Thunderstone can fit in a flat rate box and ship anywhere in the US for $12.

More
16 Oct 2012 21:08 #136159 by Cranberries
I wish my mutant ability was being able to write house rules that fixed games like Moto Grand Prix. I saw that someone was using the pieces to play

www.japenet.net/japenetgames.html [Speed Rally]. See that same site for a Roller Ball game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
16 Oct 2012 21:08 #136160 by Ken B.

Michael Barnes wrote: Protip from one of the masters of board game selling- Thunderstone can fit in a flat rate box and ship anywhere in the US for $12.

With all those expansions? That's cool if so. It's hilarious because the box feels as dense and heavy as Descent at this point.

More
16 Oct 2012 21:36 #136161 by Michael Barnes
Hey, "if it fits, it ships". That's the Flat Rate slogan. You can put a 10 pound game in there and it's still $11.35.

When you become a master like me, you start to learn how "if it kind of fits, it ships" or "if it fits, but you used two boxes cut apart and taped back together, it ships".

Just make sure you reinforce the box with packing tape, the weight will bust the adhesive on the box.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
17 Oct 2012 14:54 #136197 by Ken B.
Tough crowd, tough crowd. That's okay, I'm a motivated seller. One round of price deductions to give folks here one more chance, then I guess I'll just auction it off for whatever people will pay for this stuff.

So if you want sump'tin, better chime in.

More
17 Oct 2012 15:50 - 17 Oct 2012 15:52 #136199 by SuperflyPete
Kenny boy, Barnes, the master of the "Write Then Profiteer" game sales is always on point. I had a customer ship me several hundred pounds of tin-lead ingots in flat rate boxes. They say "up to 70 pounds" and we put that shit to the test.

Guy saved 50 cents a pound in freight charges.

Another PROTIP from another master of profiteering:
They make board game Flat Rate boxes too.
store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetai...d=subcatMSS_FlatRate

Free, and USPS will deliver them to your house.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2012 15:52 by SuperflyPete. Reason: I am that awesome.

More
17 Oct 2012 16:32 #136201 by Ken B.
Oh definitely, and thanks for the tip, man.

I will certainly combine boxes, whatever anyone wants, in order to keep shipping costs down. It's obviously not 12 bucks apiece to ship if you're buying more than one thing. One bigger game and several of the smaller games together would still ship for $12 or very, very close to it.

More
17 Oct 2012 17:05 #136205 by Michael Barnes
I saw one of those board game boxes ONE time, behind a counter. It looked like it was really better suited to a flat/long box. I don't think you could get a coffin in it, and it's really way too big for a square box. It says "board game box" right there on it, which is kind of weird. I've never shipped in one and never recieved one.

More
17 Oct 2012 17:18 #136209 by SuperflyPete
He's correct - it's more for "Monopoly" and whatnot. But I shipped out Tikal and El Grande that I got in a "lot" on Ebay once, so it's pretty decent size. Way too small for a coffin...only way to ship those is in a proper box, or wrap in bubble wrap and then in 2 layers of butcher paper.

I had some here, had them deliver it. I used 3 of them and the remaining ones covered my table for painting sessions. TAX DOLLARS HARD AT WORK, BEYOTCHES!

More
19 Oct 2012 21:38 #136390 by Ken B.
Alright, so Thunderstone's the only thing that moved. Giving the lot one more chance--if you see something, or a combination of something, then just make an offer. You probably have the chance to get a nice pile of games for pretty damned cheap. Combined shipping, of course.

Thanks again for looking!

More
24 Oct 2012 02:59 #136580 by ubarose
I've been biting my tongue, but since this has fallen off the front page twice, I think it is safe to finally say:

Dude, how did you get so much crap? :)

Also, boardgames are worth $6 a pop as a tax deduction if you just dump them at the Goodwill, and card games are worth $3. I see a trip in your future with Scarab Lords in a box full of old clothes and chipped coffee mugs.

More
24 Oct 2012 17:29 - 24 Oct 2012 17:34 #136613 by Ken B.
Har dee har har, miss thang, but I just rung up a few more sales!

:))

Someone made me an offer on multiple games, and the deal was struck. Amending the original post to reflect what's left.

Still a chance to get some--um--"premium" product on the cheap here, folks! *grins like a salesman*

Oh, and prices reduced! I felt inspired after making some sales. GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HERE~!
Last edit: 24 Oct 2012 17:34 by Ken B..

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds