October 09, 2023
2514 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2713 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

FS: PS Vita with games, accessories, and memory cards

More
03 Dec 2014 14:15 - 03 Dec 2014 14:16 #191847 by wadenels
Everything is in great shape. I've been playing the Vita on and off for the past year and I feel like moving on. My loss is your gain, because I bought a ton of expensive memory cards before I decided to sell. Seriously, about 168GB worth of Memory Cards, which are expensive as hell. That'll keep you going with a PS+ membership for a long time.

Includes the following:

Playstation Vita Wifi+3G ( Amazon: $300 )
AC and Car Power Adapters
Cloth or Neoprene type protective sleeve (like this one: Amazon )
PSVITA Game Case (like this one: Amazon )
Nyko Game Case ( Amazon: $5 )
PSVITA Earphones (like this one: Amazon )
CTA Grips/Handles ( Amazon: $12 )
PDP Grips/Handles ( Amazon: $?? )
Persona 4 Golden ( Amazon: $20 )
ModNation Racers ( Amazon: $10 )
4GB Memory Card x2 ( Amazon: $18 ea )
32GB Memory Card ( Amazon: $68 )
64GB Memory Card x2 ( Amazon: $99 ea )

That's over $600 worth of stuff. I'm trying to sell it all for $500 shipped**. For those still following along that's a hell of a deal. It's like getting a 64GB card and all the accessories free.

There's a catch! I don't do PayPal. I would prefer you send money using Google Wallet because that's super easy for me. Otherwise I could live with an Amazon Gift Card or something like that. I'll even take a money order or something if you're not in a hurry.

**If you're outside the U.S. or something where shipping gets pricey then I'll cover the first $20 of shipping and you can cover the rest. I don't believe Vita or games have any kind of region locking, but don't rely on me for that info.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2014 14:16 by wadenels.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2014 13:07 #191919 by jeb
Bumping this, it's a good deal. The Vita is a great system. The screen is gorgeous, and I am super sad mine broke. I would buy this, but I have all these accessories, and really just want the machine, so I can resurrect my stuff.
It is an Indie gaming paradise. I got these by virtue of PS+, for free/or really cheap over the last year:
LIMBOOLLI OLLITxK
LUFTRAUSERSTEARAWAYBINDING OF ISAAC
FEZDRAGON'S CROWNMURAMASA REBIRTH
TERRARIASPELUNKY
This is in addition to things like PERSONA 4, STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN, UNCHARTED, SONIC ALL-STARS and other AAA stuff. It's nuts. Add on that it's a PS4 remote player? Cripes man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels

More
04 Dec 2014 16:03 #191937 by ThirstyMan
I think I'm kinda up for this. I have a question about the power supply. I know it will have a US plug with it but can it take 220V for charging?

More
04 Dec 2014 17:18 #191948 by wadenels

ThirstyMan wrote: I think I'm kinda up for this. I have a question about the power supply. I know it will have a US plug with it but can it take 220V for charging?

According to this all you need is a plug adapter.

The back of my AC charger box says: 100V-240V ~ 0.2A 50/60Hz

That implies to me that you'd be fine with a plug adapter to fit a U.S. 2-vertical-prong plug, but I've never tried it.

More
04 Dec 2014 17:22 #191949 by ThirstyMan
OK. That sounds good.

Does this thing connect to my home wifi and download games or something? How does that work? Sorry to be so ignorant but I have no consoles etc. Is it like a PSP?

More
04 Dec 2014 21:35 #191961 by wadenels
It has 3G and a Wifi connection capability. The 3G comes with an AT&T sim card that I never used. I don't know how AT&T is in your region or if that's worthwhile. The wifi works like any other wifi connection. It'll connect to a normal router for internet access. The Vita has a web browser and a couple other ways to use internet access. There are some games with online multiplayer and stuff like that. Other games (like Zen Pinball) have online leaderboards and such.

The games come in cartridge/case format like traditional games (not discs like PSP), but you can also buy games from the PS store. If you get a PlayStation+ (PS+) membership you'll get a bunch of free games over time as well. PS+ and single-purchase downloads are why I bought so many memory cards. The two games it comes with are case+cartridge, and unfortunately I can't transfer my download/PS+ purchases. They're tied to your account.

You can browse the games for sale via online/download at store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com . Infortunately it gives you all platforms, so you need to pick a category or whatever and then filter by 'PS Vita'. There's a ton of stuff. In additional to the native Vita games they have a lot of PSone Classics like the Resident Evil series available as well.

More
04 Dec 2014 23:18 #191966 by jeb
The 3G is kind of pointless. It does some little neighborhood StreetPass style stuff, but it's not critical to anything. It's WiFi savvy and that's how you'll interact with the Store.

I only bought one physical game, PERSONA 4, because it was on a ridiculous sale for $14 or something. You don't need physical media at all. All the games I mention above are for sale in the store, but as mentioned, if you pay for PS+, the games trickle in two or three a month. I think my total outlay for everything listed above, including PERSONA 4 was about $25 out of pocket. A lot of it was tied to my PS+ and will go away once I stop subscribing, but it's worth it, so I will keep it up. If you ever pay any money for a title, it's yours for good. I'd gotten SPELUNKY free from PS+, but a couple months later was a $1, so I "bought" it, and now I know that won't fade.

I don't even have a Sony console right now and I don't mind paying for PS+! I will be getting a PS4 some time in the spring and I have been picking up free games for it all along. INJUSTICE is free this month, for example. On the Vita, it's FINAL HORIZON and TITAN ATTACKS. Don't know much about those.

More
04 Dec 2014 23:56 - 05 Dec 2014 13:35 #191969 by ThirstyMan
Can you give an estimate of total weight, so I can calculate how much my ripoffski courier company will charge me.

I'll have to go with this method unless you can guarantee less than 7 days to Geneva, Switzerland (I'll be visiting there in exactly 1 week but only for 4 days).

PS Vita here is $200 so with shipping costs which could be around $50 to here, it makes more sense to get it here, I think.
Last edit: 05 Dec 2014 13:35 by ThirstyMan.

More
05 Dec 2014 17:54 #192026 by wadenels
About 2.5lbs or 1.25kg. I don't know how to ship it to Geneva and guarantee a delivery date. I'm a little flexible on the price, because I'd rather not part it out.

More
20 Dec 2014 17:39 #193106 by wadenels
Alright, I'll start taking offers on this. Save me from Craigslist. Don't make me deal with random unwashed arse in a grocery store parking lot to sell a damned game system.

More
21 Dec 2014 00:59 - 21 Dec 2014 01:01 #193120 by Dogmatix
EDIT: nevermind. Turns out my pop just bought one of these for himself already, damnit....
Last edit: 21 Dec 2014 01:01 by Dogmatix.

More
22 Dec 2014 08:54 #193168 by Chaz
I'm in the market for a Vita, mostly for Persona 4 and a few other exclusives, but man, I can't figure out why I'd need nearly that much memory card space. Like, I get it if you're planning on going all digital and buying a ton of games, but that's just a really lot of space.

More
22 Dec 2014 10:31 #193177 by SaMoKo
The memory is mostly for PS+, which tends to throw a few games per month to Vita owners.

More
22 Dec 2014 11:51 #193193 by Chaz

SaMoKo wrote: The memory is mostly for PS+, which tends to throw a few games per month to Vita owners.

Yeah, that's not something I've ever been super into. I don't love the idea of paying a yearly fee to maintain access to a collection of games someone picked to give me.

More
23 Dec 2014 21:23 #193280 by wadenels
Between PS+ and picking up a few big games like the God of War collection I managed to fill about 70GB of space in a year. Some games take up quite a bit of space and it can add up pretty quick.

PS+ has been a good deal in the year I've had it. I just wish I could sell the games with the system.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds