October 09, 2023
2546 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2741 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
31 Jan 2016 21:07 - 01 Feb 2016 09:17 #221218 by Sagrilarus
Galavant was frikkin' magnificent tonight.

S.

Late Edit -- apparently I'm the only one watching it!
Last edit: 01 Feb 2016 09:17 by Sagrilarus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2016 01:19 #221225 by johnnyspys
The expanse is amazing. Great actors, great script, dystopian future but still a strain of hope. The technology seems possible in two hundred years. Strong women characters who are tough and don't focus on being sex objects. There is a ton of things going on in the first season and you really have to pay attention to the show or you can easily get lost. Honestly, I was blown away how good the show is, because many of the syfi shows have terrible campy scripts with actors that can barely act. The Expanse is just simply amazing and feels more like a film than a television show. After watching the first episode I was hooked and stayed up all night finishing the season. Haven't watched something this good but relatively unknown in quite awhile. If you aren't into science fiction it may not be your thing but this is like Blade Runner, meets Total Recall (minus the cheese), meets film noire, mixed with a bit of the doom of deep outer space of like Outland. I would be shocked if any hardcore science fiction fan wouldn't love it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Columbob

More
01 Feb 2016 09:10 #221234 by Columbob
The final two episodes are airing tomorrow night in Canada, so I'll finish it up this week. Tension is spiking. I might pick up the books before S2 airs.

More
01 Feb 2016 10:34 #221252 by Joebot

Mad Dog wrote: I liked the first 2 seasons of The 100 and will watch the 3rd, but its far from must see tv and nothing like BSG. If you want BSG quality watch The Expanse.

I watched the pilot epiosde of The 100. Ehhhh ... the premise is solid, but it's got just a little too much CW-style-teen-drama going on. You expect SOME of that going in, but when everyone is ridiculously attractive, and the cute girl strips down to her underwear to go swimming for no particular reason .... well, okay, maybe that's more of a PRO than a CON.

It reminded me of Lost more than anything. And hey, Desmond is in it! I'll give it another couple of episodes to see if rises above the level of soapy teen drama.

More
01 Feb 2016 12:22 #221275 by Gregarius
I really enjoyed the first few episodes of The Expanse, but then SyFy did something to their online stream and I can't watch it anymore. I have to prove that I have cable or something. That really pisses me off on a number of levels.

More
01 Feb 2016 12:29 #221277 by charlest

Columbob wrote: The final two episodes are airing tomorrow night in Canada, so I'll finish it up this week. Tension is spiking. I might pick up the books before S2 airs.

The books are phenomenal. Itching for the new one to come out.

More
02 Feb 2016 21:41 #221504 by Grudunza
I'm three episodes in on Mad Dogs, which is a fun show on the Amazon Video network, or whatever it's called. Four long-time friends are invited to their mutual friend's fancy villa in Belize, and are caught up in a web of crime, trying to figure their way out of it in a way that feels both realistic and over-the-top absurd. But it's been entertaining, well shot, and includes a good cast of character actors like Steve Zahn and Billy Zane.

Conversely, after three episodes of the new X-Files, I'm feeling like she just ain't what she used to be. Last night's show was hailed by critics as being a great return to form, and was written by Darin Morgan, who did a few of the classic episodes... But still, I didn't really love it. Some amusing parts, and fun enough, I suppose. But I guess I'm just not connecting with this new run very much, which is too bad.

More
03 Feb 2016 11:18 #221557 by Columbob

Grudunza wrote: Conversely, after three episodes of the new X-Files, I'm feeling like she just ain't what she used to be. Last night's show was hailed by critics as being a great return to form, and was written by Darin Morgan, who did a few of the classic episodes... But still, I didn't really love it. Some amusing parts, and fun enough, I suppose. But I guess I'm just not connecting with this new run very much, which is too bad.

This is my brother's opinion as well after 2 episodes. He'll soldier on 'cause it's a short run. I'm enjoying the return so far.

More
03 Feb 2016 12:11 #221565 by Hatchling
I'm rewatching The Sopranos, and I'm in a state of amazement (again) at the genius acting by Edie Falco. Her subtle expressions add so much punch and reality to her lines its just incredible.

More
03 Feb 2016 12:24 #221566 by hotseatgames
The way she emphasizes the first syllable in his name when she's pissed. TOHny!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.728 seconds