October 09, 2023
2588 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2784 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Walking Dead TV talk (w/ spoilers)

More
02 Mar 2012 01:19 #118167 by mikecl
I haven't been weighing in here because I've been behind on episodes but I'm all caught up! A couple of points. I think introducing the new guy who tried to kill you into a camp with your women is a pretty big risk.

That's why they were so upset to find out he knew the farmer's family. Despite all their attempts to blindfold him he knows where they live. Tough situation.

And I think Shane is still dangerous and possibly insane.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2012 13:35 #118195 by Green Lantern

Black Barney wrote: WHAT is with them cutting their hands with the same knife they are killing zombies with?!?!? THAT TOTALLY SPREADS INFECTION, no?

I don't remember this scene. Can you give more details?

More
02 Mar 2012 16:23 #118216 by Black Barney
Mike, how can you think Shane is insane? He seems to have his shit together, no? He's making the right choices and is doing what he thinks is the best for the group. I think Lori seems the most nuts at this point and Angela has devolved into some sort of Post-Traumatic Syndrome shell of a person.

Green Lantern, ok remember how Rick shows Shane that you cut your hand and put blood on something to draw the walker to you and then you stab them in the head to kill them? Well, have you noticed that they are cutting their hands with the same knife they are killing walkers with? Shane did that in the bus. He cut his hand with the knife he killed a walker with (off-camera) at the fence earlier.

More
02 Mar 2012 16:51 #118221 by Gary Sax

Black Barney wrote: Mike, how can you think Shane is insane? He seems to have his shit together, no? He's making the right choices and is doing what he thinks is the best for the group. I think Lori seems the most nuts at this point and Angela has devolved into some sort of Post-Traumatic Syndrome shell of a person.

IMHO, that's what they've been getting *right* this season, is that I can see Shane's point of view on a lot of the choices he's making.

More
02 Mar 2012 17:16 #118232 by Black Barney
One thing I REALLY disliked in the last episode is that they are spoon-feeding the audience on why Shane is actually a good person. I liked it before that some of us "get" Shane and most of us don't. It was cool cuz it was splitting the audience into two camps just like the group was getting split. but now they've made Shane very human and he's opened up so people are going to come around on Shane.

I liked being part of the minority that "got" Shane and thought he was important for the group.

But yeah, Season Two is certainly about characters now which is GREAT

More
02 Mar 2012 19:55 #118242 by Green Lantern

Black Barney wrote: Green Lantern, ok remember how Rick shows Shane that you cut your hand and put blood on something to draw the walker to you and then you stab them in the head to kill them? Well, have you noticed that they are cutting their hands with the same knife they are killing walkers with? Shane did that in the bus. He cut his hand with the knife he killed a walker with (off-camera) at the fence earlier.

Oh man, you're right and I totally didn't pick up on that! I've got nothing to explain it either other than poor writing. Perhaps Rick and Shane did that BEFORE knifing a zombie? Even if the did that's one huge gamble to take with an unknown virus.

More
02 Mar 2012 20:03 #118243 by Green Lantern
I get Shane and his motivations and would hate to see him go if I were part of that group. I looked at him as a hard-nosed survivor until he pointed a gun at Rick's back last season. From that point on he has become more unhinged and irrational, but from Rick's POV Shane is invaluable. If Dale were to share what he knows about Shane with Rick I could see the two come to an impasse and one would have to go. I can't see them reconciling that little conflict.

More
02 Mar 2012 20:04 #118244 by Black Barney
Rick cut his hand before he killed a zombie but Shane did the opposite.

I can't think this is poor writing because the timing of everything together indicates that they are foreshadowing a reveal of how else the virus spreads. I mean within 15 minutes the following things happened:

- they notice two dead zombie cops who weren't scratched or bitten (so the rest of us can presume they acquired zombism some other way such as being exposed to infected blood?

- Shane cuts his hand with a knife that was used 4 minutes earlier to kill a zombie in the head

- The prisoner guy goes crazy when killing a female zombie with a knife and blood sprays all over his face, for sure in his mouth a bit and maybe a bit in his eyes

All these things happened really close to each other.

So.....

prediction by Black barney: They somehow learn that you can get the virus by being exposed to blood after the survivor turns and thus giving them a REAL easy solution to that problem. This of course makes them worry that Shane might be infected and this sets off some sort of momentum to find a way to see if Shane is infected?

I dunno. Just a guess (I have not read the books)

oh, speaking of which, I know that we're allowed spoilers in this thread but for people that have read the comic book, can you not reveal anything about what might happen in the TV show? Cuz some of us haven't read the comic book and are enjoying the show. thanks

More
02 Mar 2012 20:34 #118249 by Gary Sax
Will do. The comics definitely set out what the next move will be in the big picture, FWIW.

More
02 Mar 2012 20:56 #118253 by Black Barney
some jerk in another website spoiled something for me that is going to happen down the road and it's pretty big. I was all mad when I read it. He even put "spoiler" on it but I thought he was talking about the TV show.

DANG

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds