October 09, 2023
2629 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2821 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Adventure Time rules

More
30 May 2012 23:41 #127080 by Gary Sax
I started watching this show at the recommendation of a friend a few weeks ago. It's a Cartoon Network show, and not one of their "edgy" Adult Swim shows. I strongly recommend anyone who has even a little bit of a non-bitter, dark part of their soul to watch it and not be hooked.

It is absolutely amazing. It's extremely funny, charming, and original. It's animated wonderfully. The characters are great. I'm beginning to think it might secretly be the best show on TV. I love the vibe behind the whole show that it's in a post-apocalyptic nuclear earth, and that the show may in fact just be the fantasy world of the last human being on earth. I prefer to just take it on face value, however, it works better that way. The length of the show, also, is just right. Each episode is like 11 minutes long and never outstays its welcome. In fact, what's nice about this length is that it means that you can just start a plot, move it through to the climax, and then be done. There's no need to put in artificial twists and turns.

Of course, there is the element that makes me look like some sort of pedophile who loves kid shows, which I generally am not. But I strongly recommend this show, even for adults. It is never sarcastic or non-genuine and that's incredibly refreshing, perhaps especially for older viewers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Dr. Mabuse, mjl1783, OldHippy, SuperflyPete, Fallen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2012 01:16 #127085 by Rliyen
Replied by Rliyen on topic Re: Adventure Time rules
I watch this show religiously with The Boy. It's one of the better shows on CN. I also love The Amazing World of Gumball, pretty much for the same silliness.

IF WATCHING THIS SHOW MAKES ME PEDO IN BARNES' EYES, THEN HE CAN BITE MY LUMIOUS, FERROUS BACKSIDE.

Attachment 2011-10-14_18-04-34_382.jpg not found

Attachment 2011-10-14_18-04-12_258.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
31 May 2012 02:52 #127087 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: Adventure Time rules
It's funny, at times I've wondered if it's a good kids show. Some of the imagery strikes me as horrifying and scary.

More
31 May 2012 13:21 #127098 by Dair
Replied by Dair on topic Re: Adventure Time rules

Rliyen wrote: I watch this show religiously with The Boy. It's one of the better shows on CN. I also love The Amazing World of Gumball, pretty much for the same silliness.

IF WATCHING THIS SHOW MAKES ME PEDO IN BARNES' EYES, THEN HE CAN BITE MY LUMIOUS, FERROUS BACKSIDE.

Attachment 2011-10-14_18-04-34_382.jpg not found

Attachment 2011-10-14_18-04-12_258.jpg not found

Alright, tell me that isn't a penis on the right side of that jack o' lantern. Barnes will be notifying the authorities, so you had best pack your shit and head to Mexico.

More
31 May 2012 13:44 #127102 by Rliyen
Actually, Dair, it's a stage curtain at my son's school.

As for the show being scary. It's more of a "goofy" scary than scary scary. The son was never frightened by it, at all. In fact, he wanted to be Finn the Human for Halloween the first year it came out.

More
31 May 2012 14:53 #127107 by SuperflyPete
I used to know a guy that liked to drop acid on weekends and spend 36 hours smoking pot and watching ren and stimpy. That guy still has flashbacks about the Christmas Yak and also really likes Adventure Time.

I don't know that it's a kid show, though. My kid thinks it's retarded, where that guy I know really thinks it's funny and clever.

More
31 May 2012 16:24 #127115 by Dair
Replied by Dair on topic Re: Adventure Time rules

Rliyen wrote: Actually, Dair, it's a stage curtain at my son's school.

As for the show being scary. It's more of a "goofy" scary than scary scary. The son was never frightened by it, at all. In fact, he wanted to be Finn the Human for Halloween the first year it came out.

Actually, I was talking about the vertical line on the pumpkin itself (upper right of the face). Obviously, it is just because of the angle, but it looks exactly like a boner.

More
31 May 2012 18:30 #127128 by Rliyen

Dair wrote:

Actually, I was talking about the vertical line on the pumpkin itself (upper right of the face). Obviously, it is just because of the angle, but it looks exactly like a boner.

*takes a second look, loses shit*

I.. did not see that before.... *IZ DED*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dair

More
31 May 2012 19:58 #127137 by SuperflyPete

Dair wrote:

It was the Rohrshach test for F:ATties. You saw what you wanted to see.

Welcome out of the closet. LMAO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
31 May 2012 20:01 #127138 by tscook
Replied by tscook on topic Re: Adventure Time rules
It goes well with My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

More
01 Jun 2012 14:25 #127188 by Malloc
Replied by Malloc on topic Re: Adventure Time rules
Adventure Time, Gumball and Regular show are all good.

More
01 Jun 2012 14:31 #127189 by Rliyen

Malloc wrote: Adventure Time, Gumball and Regular show are all good.

You had me up until Regular Show. I find that show mostly unfunny. YMMV.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds