October 09, 2023
2576 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2773 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

The Walking Dead - Season 4

More
12 Mar 2014 10:47 #173391 by Ska_baron
Okay Barney, you're allowed to post here again - but on a probational basis.

Great episode and I actually havent read ahead in the comics yet so I have no clue what's coming at all. Glad to see Daryl revived and he damn well better stay that way this time.

Kinda like the anticipation of who will be left alive to meet up, and what the Terminus will end up being. Could be anything.

Also there's a "cure" in play now too, so that at least gives me hope that this whole series will come to an actual conclusion (hopefully before it's jumped the zombie shark).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2014 13:16 #173406 by the_jake_1973
The scientist/doctor guy is probably just a podiatrist looking to get a free ride somewhere. I smell a scam.

More
13 Mar 2014 06:13 #173459 by ozjesting
Great episode, and terrifying foreshadow! Bob on the road meets Daryl and Glen...than I assume we flash backwards. Bobs answer to the question, "How many people have you killed?" Made me shudder at every turn the whole episode! What will become of his newest group? Holy hell it is tense.

Beth kidnap,is odd twist for sure. And Daryl with the dudes? We know something must happen for him to get back with Glen...but next few weeks will be fun to see what happens.

Australian signs say "No Standing" would have been a better joke as the walkers were beheaded ;)

More
13 Mar 2014 09:49 #173469 by Ska_baron

ozjesting wrote: Great episode, and terrifying foreshadow! Bob on the road meets Daryl and Glen...than I assume we flash backwards. Bobs answer to the question, "How many people have you killed?" Made me shudder at every turn the whole episode! What will become of his newest group? Holy hell it is tense.

Beth kidnap,is odd twist for sure. And Daryl with the dudes? We know something must happen for him to get back with Glen...but next few weeks will be fun to see what happens.

Australian signs say "No Standing" would have been a better joke as the walkers were beheaded ;)

Now, see - I thought maybe it was just me. I had to go back and rewatch it. I actually think the beginning with Bob is a flashBACK to when he first joined the group at the prison.

Not sure if they could've done better to make that clearer, but I had the same reaction.

More
13 Mar 2014 10:29 #173475 by Black Barney
I thought it was obvious that the Bob thing was a flashback. For me, anyway.

More
13 Mar 2014 10:44 #173477 by Ska_baron

Black Barney wrote: I thought it was obvious that the Bob thing was a flashback. For me, anyway.

Okay Barney, you're smarter than us. We get it.

Or maybe we don't? Because, you know, we're dumb.

What tipped me off (other than getting to the end and having it not make sense), was going back and seeing how Daryl's hair was shorter. Weird way to confirm it, but there ya go.

More
13 Mar 2014 10:57 #173481 by Green Lantern

Ska_baron wrote: What tipped me off (other than getting to the end and having it not make sense), was going back and seeing how Daryl's hair was shorter. Weird way to confirm it, but there ya go.

That and the fact that Glenn and Daryl rolled up on Bob as if he was a stranger. Neither made any mention of the prison or how he got out, etc. To cap it off they asked him Rick's quiz and that's something we haven't seen them do in some time now.

Just what the hell is up with Bob? Dude gives me the creeps but after the last episode I am starting to think he may be on the level.

More
13 Mar 2014 11:13 #173483 by Black Barney
Daryl on the motorcycle is what made it obvious for me.

It would be much cooler if it was forward-looking though, knowing that he's going to kill someone. Wasted opportunity :(

More
13 Mar 2014 12:46 #173489 by Green Lantern
I agree Barney. I was tense watching him go through the motions of survival at the beginning, thinking Sasha and Maggie got separated or killed. Then we find out it was a flash back? WTH? What was the point of that? To learn Bob has a drinking problem and can't keep with a group? We already knew those points so I have no idea why they decided to give us a confusing flashback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
13 Mar 2014 12:49 #173490 by Green Lantern

the_jake_1973 wrote: The scientist/doctor guy is probably just a podiatrist looking to get a free ride somewhere. I smell a scam.

No kidding. Why has no one asked that guy any follow up questions? If I ran across other survivors that claimed to have a cure I would be VERY interested in learning more details. At least something more than "Hey, we're headed to D.C. Want to help out?"

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds