October 09, 2023
2779 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2927 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Want an additional 50 GB of storage on iCloud?

More
17 Oct 2011 14:58 #105705 by El Cuajinais
Tough luck. Unless you are willing to shell out a meager $100/year to Apple that is.

OR, you can download the box.net app and create an account in less than a minute (they only ask for email, password, re-type password). Right now they have a pissed-at-Apple-for-stealing-a-large-chunk-of-our-business offer. Basically whereas 2 weeks ago you got 5 GB of free storage when you created an account with them, from now until Dec. 2, 2011 they are giving you 50 GB LIFETIME when you create an account. I have not played with the app enough, but it seems to be very well integrated, so the difference between this and iCloud should not be very significant. All I know is I now have an additional 50 GB of lifetime storage and it was free. Gotta love competition, I just hope they don’t go out of business!

Sorry if I sound like a spambot but I think this offer is too good to pass up and I know there are a lot of iOS users in here. This is not really related to iOS 5, you should do this even if you haven’t upgraded to iOS 5.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2011 16:56 #105720 by jeb
50GB of online storage is nice, but I would not be so quick to equate it with iCloud storage. iCloud is integrated with your Reminders, iTunes, iBooks, Messages, &c. I have Dropbox, and it definitely meets a need. But you're comparing, say, oranges and tangerines. Close! But not quite the same.

More
17 Oct 2011 17:05 #105722 by NeonPeon
Yeah not the same thing. My buddy has a network util iOS app ( ITTools ), and he's soon going to allow your settings/bookmarks to be stored in iCloud, so they're "just there" no matter which device you use.

More
17 Oct 2011 17:12 #105724 by OldHippy
I can't figure out why I would want an icloud. I have apple TV, which I love, an iPhone and an imac and I can store everything on external hard drives and access it pretty well already. Shit streams from seperate harddrives to apple tv or xbox an plays on my T.V. I can't figure out what icloud would do for me that I don't already have happening. I was tempted but I'm still not convinced it's usefull enough to warrent a purchase. Photo's, music, etc.. all streams from hard drives to the T.V. If it was like a terabyte hard drive that pushed the content maybe then but as is it just pushes it around and you pay for space. I don't get it.

New update for apple T.V. on Saturday, I now have NHL games through it which is awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

More
17 Oct 2011 18:47 #105730 by El Cuajinais

jeb wrote: 50GB of online storage is nice, but I would not be so quick to equate it with iCloud storage. iCloud is integrated with your Reminders, iTunes, iBooks, Messages, &c. I have Dropbox, and it definitely meets a need. But you're comparing, say, oranges and tangerines. Close! But not quite the same.

I think the beauty of it is that the 5 GB of free iCloud will easily store the reminders, books, messages, and backup your devices. All the other beefy stuff which does not need to be “pushed down” on a daily basis can reside in the box.net account. What I don’t know is how the music works. If the music streams from iCloud as quickly as Pandora then I could see people with large libraries going for more iCloud space.

More
19 Oct 2011 23:07 #105942 by jhuntin1
The real beauty of iCloud comes if you have an iPad and an iPhone. I got my new iPhone yesterday and all my contacts and calendar information flowed seamlessly from my iPad info that had been saved on the cloud.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds