October 09, 2023
2551 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2748 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

So, 5 more days until my buddy quits smoking...

More
25 May 2012 16:31 #126672 by SuperflyPete
My buddy Mickey made me a bet at the beginning of the month. He had a 6" tumor in his chest, due to smoking, and he still hasn't quit, although he is now cancer free, after the fight of his life.

The bet is simple: If he has a SINGLE smoke after the 1st of June, he has to wear a T-shirt, every day, for the entire month. I'm buying 5 of them so he always has a clean one. His family, whom are LEGION, are helping to enforce it.

Here's the T-Shirt:

Attachment MicksT-Shirt.jpg not found

For all of you who still smoke, fucking quit. I watched this dude on the edge of death. Getting lung cancer is seriously no joke, and very few people survive the shit he had to endure. He truly is one of the toughest, meanest bastards I have ever met, and that's the only reason he survived. Daily radiation for 6 months, Chemo 3 days a week...he was truly fucked.

So, with any luck, this will help motivate you too...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2012 18:08 #126678 by Fallen
If it'll help I'll send you funds for a 6th, that way we're one closer to having 7/7 days. He needs to re-adjust his selfish though process, so if this doesn't work, give one of his children/nieces/nephews a Hamilton or Jackson to go all abandoned teary eye’d on his ass. Listening to a young family member cry about how much he doesn’t love them should be enough to break even the hardest of asses down.

More
25 May 2012 18:32 - 25 May 2012 19:30 #126679 by OldHippy
I've quite three times at least now. It's fucking hard for some of us. For others it's easier. I still have the odd one occasionally but I'll join your buddy in show of solidarity and stop even those occasional ones. It's a good thing to do anyway and I owe it to my whole family.

If only I didn't enjoy it...
Last edit: 25 May 2012 19:30 by OldHippy.

More
25 May 2012 18:40 #126680 by SuperflyPete
Me too. I quit three times, twice for 2 years and now I'm quit 5 months solid and will NEVER smoke again.

Seriously, if you saw a guy who truly is a bad mother fucker, like, for real, not some poncy wannabe, getting sick and damn near dying of lung cancer, taking radio and chemo, and just getting to look fucking pathetic and hollowed out, you'd quit too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

More
25 May 2012 18:41 #126681 by SuperflyPete
Below is the back:

Attachment grim_reaper_shirt.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
25 May 2012 18:49 #126682 by SuperflyPete

Fallen wrote: If it'll help I'll send you funds for a 6th, that way we're one closer to having 7/7 days. He needs to re-adjust his selfish though process, so if this doesn't work, give one of his children/nieces/nephews a Hamilton or Jackson to go all abandoned teary eye’d on his ass. Listening to a young family member cry about how much he doesn’t love them should be enough to break even the hardest of asses down.

Thanks, but he has like 8 people in his house and he does laundry 3 times a week. :)

He quit for 7 years last time, and it was because he asked his oldest what she wanted for Christmas, and she gave him a huge list like every kid does, but he asked his youngest, who was maybe 7 at the time...and she said all she wants for Christmas is for him to quit smoking.

He quit that night and didn't smoke again until maybe 5 years ago. His dirty cunt of an ex-wife got him hooked again. And I describe her as such because she is truly the filthiest, most backstabbingest whore of a woman I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. She fucked EVERY SINGLE FRIEND he had, aside from me, and then about 20 other guys. She fucked her coworkers for drugs, she said she was going to work but was doing coke and getting trained by 3-4 guys down in Lexington....truly repugnant shit.

She ended up needing dialysis (sp?) and had a port in her arm at the divorce hearing. I know this is fucked up to say, but I said it; "Mickey, bro, she's not sick. She's such a whore that they needed to add a new hole to her to keep up with demand."

I know, it's shit like that why I'm sick now. But she was a dirty, rotten bitch.

More
25 May 2012 18:52 #126684 by Chapel

SuperflyTNT wrote:
He quit that night and didn't smoke again until maybe 5 years ago. His dirty cunt of an ex-wife got him hooked again. And I describe her as such because she is truly the filthiest, most backstabbingest whore of a woman I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. She fucked EVERY SINGLE FRIEND he had, aside from me, and then about 20 other guys. She fucked her coworkers for drugs, she said she was going to work but was doing coke and getting trained by 3-4 guys down in Lexington....truly repugnant shit.

She ended up needing dialysis (sp?) and had a port in her arm at the divorce hearing. I know this is fucked up to say, but I said it; "Mickey, bro, she's not sick. She's such a whore that they needed to add a new hole to her to keep up with demand."

I know, it's shit like that why I'm sick now. But she was a dirty, rotten bitch.

Sounds like his life might be improved by a smooth menthol.

More
25 May 2012 19:07 #126685 by SuperflyPete
LMAO, no.

He remarried his first wife, a good girl he met when he was 5 in church, and he's happier than ever. Great gal. She henpecks him about smoking as much as I do, if not more.

More
25 May 2012 19:28 #126686 by billyz
I quit smoking in 98. I gained a hundred fucking pounds, but my lungs are cleaner then hell!

You tell Mick I'm pullin' for him.

More
25 May 2012 19:46 #126688 by SuperflyPete

billyz wrote: I quit smoking in 98. I gained a hundred fucking pounds, but my lungs are cleaner then hell!

You tell Mick I'm pullin' for him.

Billy is actually one of the only, if not THE only F:ATtie who knows Mick. We were literally on the way to GenCon, just crossed into Indiana, when Mick got the call from the oncologist that he had a 6" tumor in his chest.

Dude didn't even let it faze him.

And Billy, don't lie. You pull for your own satisfaction, and the idea of you thinking of Mickey while you're doing it is just downright disturbing! ;)

I'll tell him you said hi. I need to deliver a shirt today.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds