October 09, 2023
2514 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2713 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Cool Stuff INC

More
10 Jan 2013 20:00 #141262 by QPCloudy
Cool Stuff INC was created by QPCloudy
I'm just wondering what some of your experiences are with this company. I ask because I canceled my amazon order of the SW Master Set and ordered it from them because in their description they list a plastic insert for storing more factions. I don't care how big the box is, I want that set.

Now, my amazon order was $33 and the CSI order was $46 so I am paying more in hopes of getting the box I want. I called them and the person I spoke with said the item they have listed says it has a plastic insert. I'm worried that it is a case where the product description was never updated.

Are they a pretty reputable company? Will I likely be getting what I hope I am getting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2013 20:12 #141269 by san il defanso
Replied by san il defanso on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC
I haven't heard of any problems with CSI, but you should know that the "plastic insert" is part of the Master Set package. The insert that comes with the game will accommodate all the factions, regardless of whether it comes from CSI or Amazon.

More
10 Jan 2013 20:15 #141270 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC
CSI is the only online retailer I do business with. If I buy it, I order it from them. Almost completely without exception. I've nothing but good experiences with them, and their customer service is rock solid. They're good people, ship quick, and price fair. They just added an economy shipping option which I really appreciate. Plus, they are a two day ship via FedEx since they're just down in Orlando.

As for the Summoner Wars thing, all of them will have that plastic insert in it, not sure why CSI pointed it out. It does hold pretty much everything SW though, unless you're a doofus like me and have two extra boards that are too thick to go in.

More
10 Jan 2013 20:23 #141272 by flim_flam
Replied by flim_flam on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC
As far as I know, the Master set with the plastic insert has sold out at retail awhile back. I think any OLGS with reasonable turn over (like CSI) is going to only have the new version without the insert.

More
10 Jan 2013 20:28 #141273 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC
Oh, I didn't realize the insert was no more...

More
10 Jan 2013 20:29 #141274 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC
I've done a ridiculous amount of business with them, and they have never done me wrong. Why the hell order from Amazon when their site is so simple?

The three sites I use to the exclusion of all others includes them, Noble Knight, and FRPGAMES. There are some other stores I use for paints and whatnots because they are exclusive US distributors like Scale Creep and Last Square, but honestly, I've never been let down by any of them. Boards and bits has screwed up orders and Troll And Toad is bad about singles...they always hose me on 1-2 and I have to battle them over it.

More
10 Jan 2013 20:32 #141276 by QPCloudy
Replied by QPCloudy on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC
Yeah, they just commented on their Facebook that it is the smaller box. Which, does not have the insert. So I paid an extra $7 for nothing :(

More
10 Jan 2013 20:43 #141278 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC
Ziplocks. Focus on function.

S.

More
10 Jan 2013 21:11 #141281 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC
Cool Stuff is a fine site. I'd order from them with no hesitation.

More
10 Jan 2013 21:26 #141283 by QPCloudy

Sagrilarus wrote: Ziplocks. Focus on function.

S.

I think having them all nice and organized, as they would be in the larger box, would be more functional than ruffling through a box of bags looking for the faction you want to play.

More
10 Jan 2013 21:38 - 10 Jan 2013 21:42 #141286 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC
Honestly, if it's that important [and I'm not taking the piss here, my "Gamer OCD" manifests itself in weird ways and I've bought whole new copies of games because I prefered a certain style of component] , if you want to spend $7 more dollars on postage, I'd trade you my big-ass box for your smaller one [just the box + insert as my cards are hopelessly intermixed]. Probably have to do it along with the mapboards, I suspect, as I bet they changed the size on those yet again to accomodate a smaller box.

Space really does matter in my world and boxes are things that I tend to throw out if I can consolidate or downsize. I would be all over the new runewars to get rid of this coffin box if I thought that the expansion(s) would fit comfortably. 2 smaller boxes doesn't work any better than 1 huge one for me] :)

Honestly, if you can get back into your $33 amazon order, I'd swap ya and even throw in a set of promo cards (3 of the 4 anyway as I only have 1 copy of the newest) and the errata card since I have like 6 spare sets of them.

And, Barnes, were you as surprised and/or pissed-off as I was that the master set used different hard playboards than the previously printed premium boards? Pissed me off no end that the thick boards no-way no-how fit in the Master Set box.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2013 21:42 by Dogmatix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
10 Jan 2013 21:48 #141287 by QPCloudy
Yeah, we'd have to trade boards as well as the smaller box contains a six-fold.

More
10 Jan 2013 22:47 - 10 Jan 2013 22:48 #141292 by ioticus
Replied by ioticus on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC
I've ordered nearly $10,000 worth of games from them over the years and only had one problem which they took care of right away. They are also really good about communication if you have any questions.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2013 22:48 by ioticus.

More
10 Jan 2013 23:18 - 11 Jan 2013 01:48 #141297 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC
Each faction gets a bag, face up card on both sides, drop in the box. Lift the board out and every faction is staring at you from the bottom of the box. Nothing is easier than that, especially when you drop the box.

S.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2013 01:48 by Sagrilarus.

More
11 Jan 2013 02:08 #141303 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re: Cool Stuff INC

Sagrilarus wrote: Each faction gets a bag, face up card on both sides, drop in the box. Lift the board out and every faction is staring at you from the bottom of the box. Nothing is easier than that, especially when you drop the box.

S.

Which is pretty much how I have them in the big box now anyway thanks to having fumbled it upside down pulling it off the top of the bookshelf once early on. Cards everywhere....a fine facepalm moment...

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.560 seconds