October 09, 2023
2548 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2744 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Show us your crappy photographs.

More
09 Oct 2014 00:55 #188337 by ThirstyMan
Yeah I've definitely had that Firefox problem as well.

I'm sure it's a setting in Firefox but I'm fucked if I can find it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2014 08:49 - 09 Oct 2014 09:01 #188340 by Mr. White
Here's a few random crappy photos on my phone.

Found this old ticket stub amongst some photos last weekend. The show was in Birmingham, Al. This was also my brother's first concert. I took him as a present just prior to him shipping off to the military. He's in San Diego now, but I thought he'd get a kick out of seeing this.

Attachment IMG_20140919_062412.jpg not found

Work day at the baseball fields. Prepping the diamond for a season of Fall Ball. Someone in this photo is related to me.

Attachment IMG_20140920_094416.jpg not found

Not sure how it happened, but I've misplaced a block from my Napoleon game. Here's a jimmied up replacement unit alongside a legit one. Having a unit of ghetto Prussian cavalry has added a bit more flavor to the game actually.

Attachment IMG_20140920_121425.jpg not found

My father collects old telephone pole insulators, saw this shelf at a recent antique store so I snapped this off to see if he needed any. They all look the same to me, but apparently he can tell them apart and is looking for insulators from specific makers.

Attachment IMG_20140920_132148.jpg not found

Had a garage sale last weekend and my wife was contemplating selling this small entertainment piece...she thinks it clutters up the house. I posted this to the neighborhood FB page to gauge interest.

Attachment IMG_20140929_170426.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Oct 2014 09:01 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
09 Oct 2014 09:22 #188344 by Columbob

Mr. White wrote: Had a garage sale last weekend and my wife was contemplating selling this small entertainment piece...she thinks it clutters up the house. I posted this to the neighborhood FB page to gauge interest.

Attachment IMG_20140929_170426.jpg not found

That's a pretty crappy picture of your guitar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, SuperflyPete, wadenels

More
09 Oct 2014 09:35 #188347 by Black Barney

Da Bid Dabid wrote: Here you go Barney lets make it official.

Attachment serpentrainbow.jpg not found

lol! oh my god, that's terrifying. You changed her skin colour and everything? That's going to be a classic. Terrifying...

/applauds standing-O

More
11 Oct 2014 00:30 #188479 by repoman
Found a cool picture of Edward G Robinson and turned it into an internet meme.

More
12 Oct 2014 22:01 #188524 by Hatchling
Here's a shot of my quartz countertop in the kitchen.

I sent it to my dad who said he knows someone who might help us figure out why plain water leaves a mark and what we can do about it (I myself couldn't give a shit, but the spouse...).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Attrition

More
14 Oct 2014 08:48 #188569 by SuperflyPete
Quartz is supposed to be non-porous, and quartzite (read: crushed quartz mixed with a binder like resin) is supposed to be ~100000%~ non-porous. It's probably the RESIN that picks up stains, not the stone, if you're seeing stains. You can always use soft scrub (NOT COMET...NO BLEACH ON STONE!!) to clean stains up and they WILL come up because the stains are on the surface only.

To be honest, though, if the surface was ACTUAL stone, even ground stone rather than slab, then it's probably not great quality material. Darker stone tops are WAY better for stain and mark resistance, as you might guess, but here we are with white, so that ship has sailed.

To stop water from damaging your very pretty and expensive stone top, SEAL IT.

miraclesealants.com/
511 Porous Plus is the King Shit when it comes to engineered stone countertops.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Hatchling

More
14 Oct 2014 09:45 #188580 by Gary Sax
I'm guessing he wasn't expecting to get an expert answer on that one, but you never know with F:AT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Hatchling, wadenels

More
14 Oct 2014 13:32 #188616 by Hatchling

SuperflyTNT wrote: Quartz is supposed to be non-porous, and quartzite (read: crushed quartz mixed with a binder like resin) is supposed to be ~100000%~ non-porous. It's probably the RESIN that picks up stains, not the stone, if you're seeing stains. You can always use soft scrub (NOT COMET...NO BLEACH ON STONE!!) to clean stains up and they WILL come up because the stains are on the surface only.

To be honest, though, if the surface was ACTUAL stone, even ground stone rather than slab, then it's probably not great quality material. Darker stone tops are WAY better for stain and mark resistance, as you might guess, but here we are with white, so that ship has sailed.

To stop water from damaging your very pretty and expensive stone top, SEAL IT.

miraclesealants.com/
511 Porous Plus is the King Shit when it comes to engineered stone countertops.

Umm...Pete, thank you (seriously). Though I posted the pic for a laugh, after putting it up there part of me started hoping that someone might have an idea about what to do. It's been driving the spouse (and therefore me) bonkers and it's been a strain the relationship to be honest because she and I are polarized on the 'give a shit' issue (talk about first world problems...but there you go). But anyway, like you said, unlike the darker quartz we have in the bathroom, the white quartz in the kitchen seems to soak the water a bit (it leaves a slightly darker/dull spot unless you wipe the water off instantly). You must be right that it is lower quality. We moved in just less than a year ago, and the previous owners renoed the kitchen for the sale so probably tried to keep costs down. I will find out about getting the thing sealed asap. Oh man I hope that does the trick. Thanks again for taking the time to share your expertise.

More
20 Oct 2014 13:01 #188961 by Legomancer
Took better pics of my Lego build this weekend.

File Attachment:
Upside-Down Classic Space Cruiser 826 77 by daveexmachina , on Flickr

More
21 Oct 2014 10:36 #189044 by Hatchling
beautiful time of year:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse

More
21 Oct 2014 10:59 #189045 by Sagrilarus

Hatchling wrote: Oh man I hope that does the trick. Thanks again for taking the time to share your expertise.

We bought the cheap stuff because we had seen others with similar problems. I told my wife I could change the colors of her counters for each holiday if we bought the laminated stuff and she's been very happy with it. Cuts on it, bleaches it, found her hammering walnuts on it last week (that one I recommended a cutting board for.) With four kids between 11 and 17 "indestructible" becomes an important feature. But even if one of the kids puts a hot pan on it we can replace the piece for $25.

Doesn't keep up with the Jones', but it doesn't absorb a damn thing and who cares if it does at $13.50 per foot.

S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hatchling

More
22 Oct 2014 14:10 #189099 by Cranberries
My son who watches too much anime carved this. Actual pumpkins are freakishly expensive out here.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds