October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2719 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Other Forum Memberships

More
13 Sep 2016 15:41 #234145 by Mr. White
Omitting social media sites like FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc...how many other forum communities are you a member of? Which ones? Which are you the most active on?
How do you have time for multiple forum participation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2016 15:48 #234146 by Black Barney
NoGoblinsAllowed.com - it's a Magic-dedicated site and i recently hit 5k posts there. I only use it for the Magic: Duels community (the digital game). People there are fun.

Hey, A Message Board - I use this one for shooters like Overwatch. The people here really take shooters seriously and do a great job analyzing metas for games like Call of Duty, where they post weapon charts and ideal team formations and combo's for Overwatch. Very smart people.

i have time in my commuting to and from work and when I info-snack at work.

More
13 Sep 2016 16:01 - 13 Sep 2016 16:02 #234149 by Michael Barnes
Thanks for posting this Jeff, it is a good way to lure out and eliminate traitors.

C'mon Black Barney, let's get you fitted.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2016 16:02 by Michael Barnes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White, Black Barney

More
13 Sep 2016 16:04 #234150 by Black Barney
goddammit...

I also just realized I've made a huge mistake posting the sites cuz now some of you might go over and see that I've been cut and pasting some of the really good articles here as my own and getting lots of praise for them.

Obviously I haven't taken any of yours Barnesy

More
13 Sep 2016 16:05 #234151 by san il defanso
I'm on BGG some, but I use it pretty much just as a way to manage trades. I don't post there much on threads.

I lurk on a couple other boards. One is related to my church denomination, I've posted there a couple times but that's it. I comb through the comments on the AV Club quite a bit and sometimes respond, but this is about the only one I'm active on. I'm fairly active on Facebook, but mostly in a couple of groups and less just posting things out in the open.

More
13 Sep 2016 16:13 #234152 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Other Forum Memberships
I mostly just lurk on other forums.

BGG: Technically I'm still a member, but I rarely go there unless to look up something about a specific game.
BBTactics: A Blood Bowl site, very focused on tactics, a little more focused on the video games as very little is posted about modeling/painting.
Talk Fantasy Football: More Blood Bowl, here I mostly go for the minis and trade threads. I'm more active here.
YakTribe: Premiere site for Necromunda. Also has rules archives for Necromunda, Mordheim, Gorkamorka and more. Seriously they have tons of old rules pdfs. I like to check out the minis threads and project logs.
Oldhammer Forum: Focuses on old GW minis related stuff.
LeadAdventure.de: Much broader focus that Oldhammer. There's historical minis, post-apoc, steampunk, Old West. They really have all the genres covered.
Tom's Boring Mordheim: Haven't logged on here for a while, pretty much everything you want to know about Mordheim. Not the most active forum ever.

More
13 Sep 2016 16:24 #234154 by Space Ghost
Replied by Space Ghost on topic Other Forum Memberships
I barely have time for this forum, let alone anywhere else.....

More
13 Sep 2016 16:30 #234155 by ChristopherMD
I'm not really into any internet communities anymore. Even my days here are numbered.

More
13 Sep 2016 17:36 #234159 by Almalik
Replied by Almalik on topic Other Forum Memberships
None. I lurk monogamously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, SuperflyPete

More
13 Sep 2016 17:43 #234160 by Michael Barnes
I saw this thing on Kotaku about how there is some kind of weird "healslut" BDSM subculture where "subs" and "doms" act out stuff in...Overwatch.

This is why I tend to avoid all online communities.
The following user(s) said Thank You: metalface13, Black Barney, SuperflyPete

More
13 Sep 2016 17:55 #234162 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Other Forum Memberships
Several years back, I was active on several forums. I cut back to just two, and F:AT is the only one that I'm fairly active on. The other one is a high-profile comic book board, but I only go there to talk about hypothetical fights between fictional characters, and only occasionally. In the past, I belonged to a local punk forum, a forum for talking about dating and relationships, a board game designer forum, the forum at Yog-Sothoth.com, and a larp forum. I was only an irregular poster at those forums, and finally decided to cut back on most forum talk. I do like to post comments at Slate.com, on specific articles.

More
13 Sep 2016 18:01 #234163 by wadenels
Replied by wadenels on topic Other Forum Memberships
I mostly just hang out here. I've almost stopped using BGG; I primarily only use its database-y features and rules questions nowadays. A good chunk of content I used to enjoy there was posted by people who have drifted (or been kicked) from the site over the years. I have hobbies outside of gaming, but for whatever reason I've never felt the urge to go searching for forums to explore those hobbies further.

I've tried to find a good RPG forum that has a lot of different opinions and good discussion on different systems and such, but so far nothing. Every good RPG forum I find tends to be barely active. Every bad one tends to be extremely active with people bickering over rules minutiae, ripping on each others pet campaign worlds, bringing up random indie RPGs just to argue in literally every thread, having actual Let's read the dungeon masters guide together paragraph by paragraph (?!) threads, or arguing about how every system except their favorite system is broken and flawed and whatever.

More
13 Sep 2016 19:02 #234168 by SuperflyPete
Lead Adventures: Best place for miniature gaming in the world.

Heroscapers: Best place to talk about the best game ever.

BGG: Passive Aggressive Douchebaggery at its finest. Particularly fun moderation policies and censorship more awesome than even Mao could muster.

DakkaDakka: Good for trades.

Bartertown: Best for trades.

JoeAttacktix: Attacktix game forum. Met lots of good folks there.

I don't post anywhere but here and on Twitter (@RealSuperflyTNT)
The following user(s) said Thank You: metalface13, Msample

More
13 Sep 2016 19:12 #234170 by SuperflyPete
Oh, one note: IF YOU DO NOT KNOW ABOUT TUTOFIG and like to paint, you do now, and you're welcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: metalface13

More
13 Sep 2016 19:13 #234171 by DukeofChutney
FAT is probably the only forum I really respect, but I have accounts all over the place.

I sometimes post over at idlethumbs and at badlefthook, i used to be active on the bay12 forums and i intermittently post on bgg.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds