October 09, 2023
2528 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2729 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Coronavirus

More
04 Oct 2023 12:22 #340687 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Coronavirus
With two exceptions, I had no Covid symptoms after two weeks of suffering. I did experience intermittent fatigue for three weeks after that, and the hair shedding started in August. The increased dosage of biotin finally helped and the hair shedding stopped a couple of weeks ago. Or at least returned to a normal level of hair shedding that is perfectly natural at any age. Not sure when I should stop taking the biotin, so I am continuing to take it for now, possibly until I use up the bottle of 100 tablets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: n815e

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2023 12:54 #340689 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Coronavirus
I got the updated booster shot a few days ago, and had no troubles at all with it. The worst I've ever had was a sore arm that lasted 3 days, but this one was no big deal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, n815e

More
04 Oct 2023 13:37 - 04 Oct 2023 13:37 #340690 by Shellhead
I got the booster shot two days ago, but it was a hassle getting it. My original appointment was two weeks ago, but the pharmacy got shorted on their delivery, so they randomly cancelled some of the appointments. Then I was scheduled to get the shot last Saturday, but the pharmacy manager called me two hours in advance to cancel because half of his staff was out sick and they didn't have the manpower to do both vaccinations and regular prescriptions.

I got the Moderna booster shot this time. Aside from the usual soreness in the arm, the only side effect has been sleeping very soundly for the last two nights. If every vaccination and booster was like that, I would constantly be going in for shots.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2023 13:37 by Shellhead.

More
04 Oct 2023 15:17 #340692 by Brewmiester
Replied by Brewmiester on topic Coronavirus
I got four shots on Sunday; updated Coronavirus, flu, pneumonia, and RSV. Sore arms but no other after effects. One good thing about having a staunch Republican town not too far south of us we can go down there and just walk into Jay C/Kroger and get shots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, n815e

More
05 Oct 2023 15:51 #340696 by cdennett
Replied by cdennett on topic Coronavirus
So, a few months ago I think I had COVID. I say I think because I never tested positive via a home test, but my wife tested positive (and was very sick for a week, including doing the whole Paxlovid thing) and my daughter was also sick for 3 days, though we never tested bothered testing her. The interesting part for me was that my symptoms were limited to a very mild sore throat and out-of-control high blood sugar that lasted about a week. I've been a Type-1 diabetic for the past 17 years and I can't say I remember not feeling particularly sick but having to pump myself full of insulin to try and keep my sugar down. Honestly, if it weren't for that, I wouldn't think I caught COVID, but I don't have another explanation and it perfectly coincided with my wife's illness. But I probably gave myself the equivalent of nearly double my basal rate to bring it down to normal levels.

Always find it interesting different peoples' experiences, where I barely registered the illness, but where we were watching my wife's pulse-ox and discussing at what number would I take her to the hospital.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct, Brewmiester, hotseatgames, n815e

More
28 Oct 2023 21:19 #340877 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Coronavirus
Losing my taste buds really sucks. They don't seem completely gone as I can sometimes tell things have a weak flavor but its only day 3. I ate a sandwich on day 1 and it was like eating paper, taste-wise. All you get is the texture of things. Although I have discovered a trick of eating really spicy foods so at least the heat provides some variety.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, n815e

More
28 Oct 2023 21:42 #340878 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Coronavirus
I got it a couple of weeks back for the first time. Just a really big head cold that put me to sleep for hours and hours each day. I had one day where I slept 20 hours.

Didn’t lose taste or smell or anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, hotseatgames, n815e

More
07 Nov 2023 10:14 #340954 by Shellhead
I have four players in my Call of Cthulhu campaign. One of the four couldn't make it to our most recent session because he found out that he had recently been exposed to Covid. (That screwed up the start of the session because the previous session ended on a cliffhanger focused directly and specifically on his character.) One of the other three players showed up with a bad case of sniffles, which she declared to be nothing but the common cold, but it spooked the other two players into wearing mask for the rest of the session. I couldn't find my own box of masks, so I trusted that I would have some degree of resistance to whatever she had due to:

1. I had Covid just last summer
2. I had a cold in September
3. I got the recent Covid booster last month
4. I got the flu shot in September

More
07 Nov 2023 18:57 #340958 by n815e
Replied by n815e on topic Coronavirus
Did you end up doing a filler episode, flashback, or similar?

More
07 Nov 2023 22:40 #340959 by Shellhead
I guess you could call it a flashforward. The missing player's character was complicit in a murder, albeit with a self-defense angle, but the victim reverted from a monstrous form into a naked young woman upon death. So that player decided to take one for the team and confess his crime in hopes of leniency. I plan to handle that scene at the start of the next session, so I told the three players that were present that we would just skip over that scene for now and cover it later. It was somewhat necessary, since the player character and the father of the deceased are both English nobility from adjacent lands, due to an extreme coincidence involving the adventure and the character generation process.

More
13 Nov 2023 12:01 #340994 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Coronavirus
Totally outside of the current direction of the convo:

I was part of a 3 year study of COVID by CUNY, called the C3 Cohort. As it turns out, I was one of the first folks to get COVID in the USA, and so I've been doing a monthly survey which includes occasional blood tests.

I got jabbed with Moderna twice and had COVID for sure once after the jab, about 2 years ago. I still have a very strong immunity to both the spike and the bug based upon the test results I just got.

Don't know if this helps or adds to the conversation much, but this is some data I felt some might want to know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, dysjunct, Sagrilarus, Jackwraith, n815e

More
14 Nov 2023 12:01 #341012 by Shellhead
A week after I tried to find my box of masks, I finally came across it in a storage room. Aside from when I had Covid last summer, I haven't worn a mask in nearly a year. Covid isn't over, but I don't see it as a major threat anymore, whether or not that is actually the case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brewmiester, hotseatgames

More
15 Nov 2023 16:52 - 16 Nov 2023 17:45 #341025 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Coronavirus
As most people in the UK have been vaccinated at least twice it's not a worry over here, my manager had it twice this year. Hell my 88 year old dad (in New Zealand) had it last year and he said it was like a bad cold for 10 days.
I have no idea if I've had it, I was headachey and tired for two days in the March 2020 start and that's the closest I've had to a symptom, but I'm not worried about it.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2023 17:45 by southernman.

More
27 Nov 2023 10:03 #341091 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Coronavirus
Funny aside; my buddy's wife got COVID (she's ok) and couldn't accompany him to a show, so I got her ticket. I wouldn't have gone had I not literally the day before gotten my blood work back showing strong immunity.

So, I saw The Eagles play. Free.

Lifelong dream fulfilled
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman

More
28 Nov 2023 15:57 #341118 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Coronavirus

SuperflyPete wrote: ...
So, I saw The Eagles play. Free.

COVID has a lot to answer for :angry: !

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds