October 09, 2023
2857 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2994 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Are you ever going to fix this site for IE?

More
25 Nov 2008 16:39 #14376 by JoelCFC25
Hmm, no unauthorized software and they scan for it...

Do you have the ability to plug in USB thumb drives? I ran Portable Firefox off my thumb drive for awhile before I finally got administrative rights on some of the PCs in my department.

Maybe their scanning would pick up things like that too, but who knows.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2008 16:41 #14377 by ubarose
Mr Skeletor wrote:

I'm on IE 6 at work too.
Hasn't crashed for me in a while (has it been pashed recently) but yeah, it's a pain in the fucking ass with this site.

Depends upon what you mean by "recently."

More
25 Nov 2008 20:44 #14401 by Mr Skeletor
I meant patched not pashed.
And I was actually thinking of IE 6 being patched, not this site.

I actually got secret admin rights on my PC awhile a go and updated to IE 7, but then shit bricks when stuff used via the browser wasn't working and the helpdesk were going to remotely connect in to see the problem, so I quickly rolled it back.

More
25 Nov 2008 22:09 #14405 by ubarose
Mr Skeletor wrote:

I meant patched not pashed.
And I was actually thinking of IE 6 being patched, not this site.

I actually got secret admin rights on my PC awhile a go and updated to IE 7, but then shit bricks when stuff used via the browser wasn't working and the helpdesk were going to remotely connect in to see the problem, so I quickly rolled it back.

I don't know if IE6 got patched or not. So, has the site crashed IE6 for you in the say the past month? Trying to pin down a freeze without an error message is a bitch.

More
26 Nov 2008 00:21 #14407 by Mr Skeletor
Uba, you fucking champion, these new boards are looking great at work! (so far!)

Before I had to always view the site in full screen because shrinking the window led to problems like the tabs, buttons and avatars disapearing. Now I can go back to surfing in the corner of my screen making it much less obvious I'm slacking off.

More
26 Nov 2008 00:39 #14409 by Ken B.
Wow! These new boards are slick as hell!

More
26 Nov 2008 09:22 #14433 by ChristopherMD
I finally get this site working (so far) and of course another site starts doing the same thing. Guess I won't be visiting the new FFG very often. :-/

More
26 Nov 2008 09:34 #14435 by Ska_baron
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Uba, you fucking champion, these new boards are looking great at work! (so far!)

Before I had to always view the site in full screen because shrinking the window led to problems like the tabs, buttons and avatars disapearing. Now I can go back to surfing in the corner of my screen making it much less obvious I'm slacking off.

Heeeeeells yeah!

U-ba! U-ba! U-ba!

More
26 Nov 2008 09:44 #14436 by ubarose
Mr Skeletor wrote:

I'm glad to hear that. I was hoping that the new version of the forum software would solve some of the IE6 display uglyness, but I wasn't sure. This version is the final release candidate, and isn't officially "production stable" yet, but I didn't want to hold off any longer waiting for the final version since you all started up about the IE6 issues.

More
26 Nov 2008 10:01 #14437 by ubarose
Mad Dog wrote:

I finally get this site working (so far) and of course another site starts doing the same thing. Guess I won't be visiting the new FFG very often. :-/

That sort of confirms my hunch about what I think might be causing your freeze ups. There is nothing runninng in Trash Talk except for the forum software and the google ads. IE6 doesn't deal well with "too much" javascript. The forum is pretty javascript heavy. Since you were getting partial page loads, and it wasn't happening all the time, my best guess at this point is that the additional javascript load from the animated google ads was the straw that broke the browser.

So we are doing a trial and error test. I have set the forum so that only text ads display. What I need from you, and any one else running IE6, is any additional reports of freezes or Operation Aborted errors and what page you are on when it happens.

More
26 Nov 2008 10:35 #14440 by ChristopherMD
It just happened trying to click this thread to read your reply. Now that you mention it I have had issues with javascript loading before. Not from web-surfing but something I do at work that uses the browser so I didn't really make the connection. That's probably what it is.

More
26 Nov 2008 10:44 #14443 by ChristopherMD
JoelCFC25 wrote:

Do you have the ability to plug in USB thumb drives? I ran Portable Firefox off my thumb drive for awhile before I finally got administrative rights on some of the PCs in my department.

I'm giving this a shot now. I installed it to my USB drive and will see how it works out. Thanks for the suggestion.

More
26 Nov 2008 11:27 #14451 by ubarose
Mad Dog wrote:

It just happened trying to click this thread to read your reply. Now that you mention it I have had issues with javascript loading before. Not from web-surfing but something I do at work that uses the browser so I didn't really make the connection. That's probably what it is.

Well now you have a valid work reason to request permission to upgrade to IE7.

More
26 Nov 2008 11:35 #14454 by ChristopherMD
ubarose wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:

A dramatization based on what would be true events.

Me: I need IE7 so this form will load in easier.

IT: But it does load in right?

Me: Eventually.

IT: Then you don't need anything. Fuck off!

The End.

More
26 Nov 2008 12:54 #14459 by ubarose
Mad Dog wrote:

ubarose wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:

A dramatization based on what would be true events.

Me: I need IE7 so this form will load in easier.

IT: But it does load in right?

Me: Eventually.

IT: Then you don't need anything. Fuck off!

The End.

My work gives me anything I want. I once mentioned in passing that startup and shut down of my laptop was taking about 10 minutes a day and was a huge pain, two weeks latter my boss hands me a new laptop.

Let's try something else.

Go to >

Tools | Internet Options
Click Settings in the Temporary Internet Files section

Tell me what size that is set to.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds