October 09, 2023
2552 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2751 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

A strange feeling

More
21 Sep 2023 15:57 #340593 by Nodens
A strange feeling was created by Nodens
I notice I have seen the cover of Lords of Waterdeeep every day for two months now. While I don't read a lot of the articles, it has been a long time since anything new was posted. The forums where I hang out are very much alive, but it's a strange feeling to not see any posts by Shellie, Al or Barnes for months. But thinking about it, I seem to recall someone mentioning Barnes has left "boardgaming" for good?

This is not a request for more content, I just seriously hope everyone is doing ok. Y'all are my favourite community on the whole wide web. Hang in there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, lj1983, sornars, Kmann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2023 16:50 - 21 Sep 2023 16:54 #340594 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic A strange feeling
Just gonna throw this stuff out here.

Probably 1/3 of the What Boardgames posts could be Front Page posts with little effort added.

Shellie always says summer is slow here. This topic probably comes up every other year.

I'm sure any help creating or bringing in content would be appreciated. I'll make a new crypto coin to pay you with since they've stopped accepting Barnes Bucks.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2023 16:54 by ChristopherMD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nodens, Virabhadra

More
21 Sep 2023 17:24 #340595 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic A strange feeling
I'm fond of this site. Where else can I post links to articles like "50 Serial Killers Ranker by How Annoying It Would Be to Play Them at Monopoly":

thehardtimes.net/lists/50-serial-killers...1Xd--JPo9u33UEqjioSY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Cranberries, hotseatgames, Frohike, birdman37, Nodens

More
21 Sep 2023 22:15 - 21 Sep 2023 22:16 #340596 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic A strange feeling
I can post that our podcast is back. Recents are Puerto Rico, Mississippi Queen and Mosaic with its Wars and Inconveniences expansion. Maybe I'll make it a blog entry to change the picture.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2023 22:16 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, birdman37, Nodens, Cappster_

More
21 Sep 2023 22:27 #340597 by dysjunct
Replied by dysjunct on topic A strange feeling
Shellie has been pretty absent; I remember her saying she was taking her dad abroad during the summer. Also now it’s High Holidays so she might be busy for the next few days at least.

Barnes got into guitars and pretty much stopped following board games. I think he mentioned on Twitter that occasionally plays games or RPGs with his kids but has no interest in what is coming out etc. (But I deleted my Twitter a while ago so I don’t know if that’s changed.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Frohike, Nodens

More
22 Sep 2023 03:17 #340598 by Frohike
Replied by Frohike on topic A strange feeling
Honestly, I haven't read a board game-related article or review anywhere, in months... probably close to a year. I prefer discussions, banter, game reports. In this regard, these forums are great, as well as the Discord and the Cult of the Old / Games from the Cellar casts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nodens, BillyBobThwarton, Cappster_

More
22 Sep 2023 08:43 #340599 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic A strange feeling
Spoke to Shellie about this about a month ago. She's dealing with a lot of family responsibilities and has been helping with their projects and so on. It's left her with not a lot of time and even less motivation to be running the site. I think she just needed an extended break to reorient herself. Of course, part of that may be her just deciding she doesn't want to do this anymore, which happens. I think it's just a matter of waiting it out and seeing what she wants to do. I told her that I'd be willing to help in whatever way I could.

As for Barnes, yeah, he's moved on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b., Gary Sax, dysjunct, Sagrilarus, Msample, Frohike, birdman37, sornars, cdennett, Nodens, n815e

More
25 Sep 2023 12:03 #340625 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic A strange feeling
Hi,

Sorry I have been absent. I needed an extended break for a bunch of reasons. Initially I only intended it to be a 4 week summer break, when things here are slow, but it got extended when my 11 year old laptop started acting up. But I finally got my shit and finances together and ordered a new one which should arrive next week.

I am feeling a bit discouraged regarding the site's lack of content. I need to contact our staff and associates and see what is up with that.

The good news in my life is that I did a bunch of traveling this summer, including a trip to Spain with my Dad. My step-mom who was completely bedridden for a awhile, finally got some effective treatment so that she can now sit up again, and get around in a wheel chair. The Spawn, who is now a grown-ass adult woman, toured her one woman show to Fringe Festivals across the US. My mom's house finally sold. And, after much designing, and re-designing and many meetings and presentations, my big project at work got green lit last week.

Hope you all had a good summer.

More
25 Sep 2023 12:25 #340628 by Jackwraith
Awesome. Welcome back. Glad you had a good vacation and it sounds like things are going well (albeit, laptops being laptops. Mine's almost 8 years old and starting to show its age, too.)

On the content end: Yeah, I'm part of that. Sorry. I just haven't had a lot of inspiration lately, which has extended across all of my various platforms. Was seriously considering giving up the whole writing thing and moving in another direction. Might still. But I'll give it some thought and see what I can come up with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, allismom3, ChristopherMD, Jexik, sornars, Nodens, n815e

More
25 Sep 2023 15:03 - 25 Sep 2023 15:05 #340632 by Nodens
Replied by Nodens on topic A strange feeling
Thanks to everyone for the replies and great to hear things are looking up for you Shellie!

Jackwraith: hope you stay in whatever form suits you.

I'm already more than happy: Sag (and Oliver) posted articles so I don't have to continue looking at the Waterdeep picture three times a day.
Last edit: 25 Sep 2023 15:05 by Nodens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith, n815e

More
27 Sep 2023 11:53 #340647 by Jexik
Replied by Jexik on topic A strange feeling
Not that I’ve ever been the most frequent contributor here, but for me at least I’ve dove even deeper into Summoner Wars to the exclusion of most other games. Even started recording a podcast (with 5 episodes recorded and one released)… but interest here has been lukewarm so I tend not to regale you with my Summoner Bores. When I do see some of this gang it’s on discord.

More
27 Sep 2023 13:01 #340648 by Jackwraith
Hey, if you do want to write up stuff and post them here, I'd definitely be interested, whether it's text or podcast form (or both!) I really like the game. I just have to stay away for $/time/space reasons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Jexik, sornars

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds