October 09, 2023
2589 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2785 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

[PbF] Funnel World!

More
02 Dec 2013 19:46 #166545 by stormseeker75
Thorgana - Give her some of this! (gives one draught of the liquor) Now suck it up, lass.

GUNNVA - LADY, YOU NEED FISH? GUNNVA GOT FISH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2013 21:45 #166554 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Fride
After tucking that tinder away I hear some commotion. I grab Yamir and head back to the group.

Valga
*shaking my head at the kerfuffle* This is why I prefer The Wanderer as my only company I think to myself. I see the Brother walking into the ruins and decide to join him. I examine the pillars for any text or symbols.

More
03 Dec 2013 01:01 - 03 Dec 2013 01:17 #166556 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Aside: four of our villagers now have faces! Based on awesome sketches by Da Bid Dabid and Dr. Mabuse, respectively. If you want portraits of your villagers, send sketches to me at jhlutes at gmail dot com.

Last edit: 03 Dec 2013 01:17 by Jason Lutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Da Bid Dabid, repoman

More
03 Dec 2013 10:26 #166570 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Solvi

Say... did the Brother find something over there? Those ruins look important and he's digging something up? Split off from the group (and the hysterical person who has seen the skulls and whatnot) and creep over to Brother Thunki. Try to filch anything that Brother Thunki finds.

Jorda

Hangs tight with the mass of the group. Make no effort to console anyone.

More
03 Dec 2013 10:28 #166571 by the_jake_1973
Hafle

I had been trying to keep up with the monk as I still want to continue my conversation with him. He seems a learned man and wise about religious things. I haven't gotten much from him, but is that not like most priests? They listen much and speak little.

I see his footing slip and rush to his aid. I will try to make sure he does not fall.

ST roll? 9 total.

Illdauga

The horrors that these people experienced threaten to overwhelm her. The crack of a skull brings her back near the surface of herself. Illdauga's eyes widen in shock as the slap penetrates her emotional fog. She holds up her hands to her erstwhile compatriots, signaling that she is again in her proper mind and to ward off any further possible blows. Rubbing her face, she accepts the bracing alcohol from Thorgana. She puts her hands together, as if in supplication, and bows a thanks to Gergda, Gera, and Thorgana. Perhaps village life is not so bad. Illdauga allows the party to flow around her as she gets her bearings and falls in behind the rest, ashamed that she should show such weakness.

More
04 Dec 2013 00:27 - 04 Dec 2013 12:29 #166627 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Everyone
You can consider all of the little interactions that players are describing to be happening as described. If there is any problem with any of them I will point it out. If you want to respond to dialogue or the like, go ahead and do it.

Illdauga
You are no longer catatonic.

Thorgana
Mark off 1 dose of dwarven whiskey.

Gerdga
Your mining pick digs into the top of an exposed skull as if it were charcoal. As the woodswoman regains herself, you glance over the nearby lava, noting the different bones that seem embossed on the surface. Then you notice something strange: a depression in the lava the shape and size of a human body, about 15 feet away.

What do you do?

Brother Thunke
Yes, that's defy danger with DEX. You should feel free to make the call, roll, and report, but if I disagree with your call I may ask for a different roll.

You carefully make your way up the mound, trying to steady yourself with your staff and free hand. Just as you reach the top, a stone gives way underfoot, and you stagger down the far side of the heap in the midst of a rockslide. You drop your staff but manage to stay upright, but as you reach the ground your left foot slides between two pieces of masonry up to the knee, and big stone tumbles down from behind to slam against your leg, pinning it in place.

Between the pain and your screaming you almost don't notice the robed figure that darts away from the ruined wall on your right. It reaches the broken slab that must be the temple's altar, about 30 feet ahead of you, and then turns to look back in your direction. You can tell it's a man, though his face is hidden in the shadow of a hood. He hesitates.

Your leg is pinned in place by a heavy stone. Your staff lies out of reach about 10 feet away. None of your companions can see you or the robed man.

What do you do?

Steini
You see Brother Thunke disappear over the top of the heap of stones, crying out as he slides down the other side, out of sight. Then you hear a sharp yell that tells you he did not weather the fall well. You find yourself at the foot of the heap, next to Hafle, where you pause, assessing the jumble. The monk's fall may have settled the stones—but then again, maybe not.

What do you do?

Hafle
You were not able to scramble up the pile in time to help Brother Thunke. You still stand at the foot of it, next to Steini.

What do you do?

Valga and Solvi
Turning away from the clutch of people gathered about the fallen woman, you move after Steini the trapper and toward the first set of pillars. You are several strides behind him when you see Brother Thunke fall down the far side of the heap of stones, and hear him cry out in pain.

What do you do?
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 12:29 by Jason Lutes.

More
04 Dec 2013 10:12 #166643 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Sorry, I missed the prompt a while back for Arkif...

Arkif

I see the mute react with terror to the bones and the scramble to offer her aid by the others. As that situation seems to be under control, I continue to look for anything out of the ordinary.

More
04 Dec 2013 10:44 #166645 by the_jake_1973
Hafle
"Hold on, priest," I call out as I pick my way carefully up the mound. "Don't move. The stones may shift further. Aegis will see you out of this, I am sure."

Illdauga
She has moved to the rear of the group. She does not like that she may be seen as weak.

More
04 Dec 2013 11:22 #166650 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Gergda
I move over to the depression to inspect it.

More
04 Dec 2013 11:28 - 04 Dec 2013 11:32 #166654 by Dr. Mabuse
Valga
I rush over to the mound. Before I notice that the silent one called Solvi is standing next to me. I cast a suspicious eye toward his axe then up to him.

I ask the Brother," Are you okay?" I attempt to wedge my staff in between his leg and the large rock in an attempt to provide space to remove his leg.

Fride
I siddle up to Ligri and say, " Well, this one shoulda stayed at home." Pointing to Thorgana "Not cut out fer this kinda outtin' I reckon.." I give him a wink and a sharp nudge with my elbow.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 11:32 by Dr. Mabuse.

More
04 Dec 2013 15:12 #166675 by Da Bid Dabid
Just a heads up for Valga, I'm thinking you will need to roll to climb the rock pile that felled Thunke before you can assist him.

Steini
"If your alive over there don't make any more dumb decisions and stay put." I search around the room looking for any less treacherous path to my fallen comrade.

More
04 Dec 2013 18:32 #166704 by DukeofChutney
Brother Thunke

Drat! I calm myself and go into a meditative silence. I cannot free myself, and would rather watch this cloaked individual than draw attention to myself.

More
04 Dec 2013 20:48 - 04 Dec 2013 20:48 #166722 by Dr. Mabuse

Da Bid Dabid wrote: Just a heads up for Valga, I'm thinking you will need to roll to climb the rock pile that felled Thunke before you can assist him.

I thought he fell back to the ground? DM?
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 20:48 by Dr. Mabuse.

More
04 Dec 2013 21:05 #166724 by the_jake_1973
I believe he is still on the slope of the hill, but with his leg pinned by a rock. Hafle has is also moving up the slope to assist with freeing the priest while bothering him with religious questions.

More
04 Dec 2013 21:36 - 04 Dec 2013 21:37 #166726 by Da Bid Dabid

Jason Lutes wrote: You carefully make your way up the mound, trying to steady yourself with your staff and free hand. Just as you reach the top, a stone gives way underfoot, and you stagger down the far side of the heap in the midst of a rockslide.

Figured he climbed to the top and fell down the other side away from the rest of us. Big ole treacherous climb up and slide down still in-between us.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 21:37 by Da Bid Dabid.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds