October 09, 2023
2220 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2439 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× For those who like to push chits.

Normandy, The Beginning of the End

More
16 Jan 2018 14:18 #261115 by DracoIdeas
Greetings friends,

Normandy, the beginning of the end and Alone in the Storm are now live at Kickstarter.

Normandy, “The Beginning of the End”, is the fourth installment in the War Storm Series (WSS), and precisely from today, Tuesday the 16th of January, you may reserve your copy.

Furthermore, at this campaign it is include Alone in the Storm an expansion pack that enables solo and cooperative games mode, implements fog of war and many other features. And most important, backwards compatible with previous titles of the saga (La Baitalle de France 1940, A Las Barricadas, Paths to Hell). You can buy both as a pack or this expansion pack separately as an addon.

You can get Normandy for $46 pledge level ($39 at early bird first 48 hours) or Normandy + Alone in the Storm for $85 pledge level ($79 at early bird first 48 hours).

Here you have he link to the Kickstarter campaign: www.kickstarter.com/projects/dracoideas/...f-the-end?ref=e1iwc0

Best regards,

Jose Manuel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2018 17:55 #261235 by DracoIdeas
Greetings friends,

We are so grateful! Normandy, the Beginning of the End and Alone in the Storm have been funded in only 4 hours. It´s such an achievement for a “grognard” game! But the journey has just begun. Stay tuned as we disclose the Stretch Goals we´ve been working on, most of them exclusive for backers. We also need your help to unlock all those Social Stretch Goals that are waiting for you!

Spread out the word, soldier!

More
17 Jan 2018 18:04 #261236 by jeb
The fuck am I even seeing here? Did you buy an ad or not?

I can't decide between, "hey cool, this guy takes the time to make these nice posts," and "fuck this guy, pay up, our eyes aren't free."
The following user(s) said Thank You: lj1983

More
17 Jan 2018 18:40 - 17 Jan 2018 18:44 #261237 by Sevej
Dude has been reminded multiple times, dodging the question saying its not promotional... Fuck it.

Even when Lotter, Pete and Al made their games they weren't this blatant.

And it was not THE beginning of the end Without insulting Normandy vets, the Russians probably had as much if not more hand in that.
Last edit: 17 Jan 2018 18:44 by Sevej.

More
17 Jan 2018 19:50 #261248 by Sagrilarus
I wonder if it’s as good as D-Day at Omaha Beach. Because that game is stunningly good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: repoman

More
18 Jan 2018 04:51 - 23 Jan 2018 04:34 #261305 by Matt Thrower
<< redacted >>
Last edit: 23 Jan 2018 04:34 by Matt Thrower.

More
18 Jan 2018 05:21 #261306 by Erik Twice

DracoIdeas wrote: In all our before kickstarter campaigns we have purchased advertising campaigns. In this post we are introducing the game system, and giving information about the components and how its works. This is not an announcement or promotion about the kickstarter campaign. In fact there isn't any mention to it in my message.

I love how you then go and link the kickstarter and everything.

By the way, you should consider what's the point in advertising here if you are doing it in such a way that you are making people ask for you to be banned. You are doing a terrible job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Thrower

More
18 Jan 2018 06:15 - 23 Jan 2018 04:34 #261308 by Matt Thrower
<<Redacted>>
Last edit: 23 Jan 2018 04:34 by Matt Thrower.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nodens

More
18 Jan 2018 12:56 #261391 by DracoIdeas

Erik Twice wrote: I love how you then go and link the kickstarter and everything.

By the way, you should consider what's the point in advertising here if you are doing it in such a way that you are making people ask for you to be banned. You are doing a terrible job.

Unfortunatelly, we have purchased an advertising campaign here. We have paid for it some days ago, but as the last time we do it, we haven't news from forum administrator and it hasn't been activated.

So I would invite to all those users don't interested in this tactical wargame series, to ignore this thread and don't enter here to write rude messages.

It's so dfficult to understand,why there are users entering at this thread with the only intention of harm it. Please, if you are not interested in this game, don't enter in this thread. It's easy, I usually don't read the threads I'm not interested... and therefore I don't write rude messages there.

Thanks!

More
18 Jan 2018 14:30 #261410 by ChristopherMD
This guy is legit so cut him some slack please. Let's leave it to the site administrator to determine who has/hasn't paid for advertising in the future. None of you are getting paid either way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DracoIdeas

More
18 Jan 2018 14:47 #261411 by Sagrilarus
This may turn out to be the single finest Normandy game ever produced. I think the guy deserves a chance to speak his mind.

More
18 Jan 2018 14:49 #261412 by jeb
Sounds good. Okay, back to the topic at hand, this looks pretty good, and I love your posts. This is how I want to be sold on games.

I am not a grognard by any stretch, so forgive my ignorance of things that might seem obvious to you. The chits are representing officers or platoons, yes? What kind of stacking is tolerated? Does an officer have generic influence on platoons within two hexes, or does the officer need to match that platoon to some degree or another. Is an officer presence always good, or might Lt Sobel be a drag at times?

More
18 Jan 2018 17:14 - 18 Jan 2018 17:15 #261429 by DracoIdeas
Greetings Jeb,

jeb wrote: The chits are representing officers or platoons, yes?

Yes, the chits representing platoons together their commanding officers. An standard formation (company) is formed by 2-4 platoons and one officer.

jeb wrote: What kind of stacking is tolerated?

The stacking limit in each hex is related to the amount of steps, instead of the number of chits. Each platoon usually has 3 steps. If it receives a hit, he loses one step. Once he receives the 3rd hit the platoon is eliminated.
The stacking limit is 9 steps in a hex. So you may place 3 platoons at full strength or more platoons if they have lost any step.
Officers don't count for stacking limits.

jeb wrote: Does an officer have generic influence on platoons within two hexes, or does the officer need to match that platoon to some degree or another. Is an officer presence always good, or might Lt Sobel be a drag at times?

In general an officer only may command the platoons of his company, furthermore these platoons should be located at command range, otherwise the platoon shall be out of command. This is important because during your turn you activate an officer with all their in command platoons. Out of command platoons may not be activated together their companies.
Officers provide leadership and morale to the whole company. Platoons don't have these particulars so both factors may not affect in a negative way to platoons. Logically a good officer has a high morale value (about 8-9), and leadership (1-2), and a bad officer has a low morale (6-7) and leadership (0). A company with low morale value may disintegrate and therefore be eliminated easily.

In other previous titles of this game series as "A Las Barricadas" or "Paths to Hell" (both published by Compass Games), there were other "officers" that may command platoons of any company: they are commisars.

I hope you find this information interesting.

Best regards.
Last edit: 18 Jan 2018 17:15 by DracoIdeas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
23 Jan 2018 13:54 #261860 by jeb
Cool beans. I am watching BAND OF BROTHERS again on HBO Now and I am in for this. Have to make the big plunge too, for the Solo mode, as there is a not a fucking chance in the world my wife or kids will play one of these. Thanks DracoIdeas, I hope it's a huge hit!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DracoIdeas

More
31 Jan 2018 14:33 - 31 Jan 2018 14:33 #262579 by DracoIdeas
Greetings,

We have a lot of news!

Since our last message we have unlocked a lot of SG!! (9 ones!!) We have added new counters as trucks or landing crafts, 2 new maps, 2 new scenarios and 6 new companies per side!!

On the other side, recently The Players Aid has published an interview with by the winner of several CSR Awards,our artist and designer Niko Eskubi. Here you may read this interesting article: theplayersaid.com/2018/01/29/interview-w...-now-on-kickstarter/

Finally, we have included as addon a new dice tower designed by Niko. A gift you may get for only $6.

Thanks for your support!
Last edit: 31 Jan 2018 14:33 by DracoIdeas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds