October 09, 2023
2546 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2741 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

Thor

More
14 Jul 2009 14:08 #34904 by Forelle
Replied by Forelle on topic Re:Thor
Natalie Portman in a movie about Thor? She's perfect! Her acting style is so Woden.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2009 14:52 #34923 by Bullwinkle
Replied by Bullwinkle on topic Re:Thor
You prick. If I'd have been eating something when I read this, I'd have choked to death.

More
14 Jul 2009 15:46 #34930 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re:Thor
For a pun like that the cow should lose the halo.

More
14 Jul 2009 18:00 #34944 by mjl1783
Replied by mjl1783 on topic Re:Thor
Branaugh can make conventional pictures, just look at Dead Again. I might see the flick knowing he's involved, we might see something a bit distinctive from a super hero movie for a change.

Lee's Hulk is the second best super hero movie ever made, possibly sharing the spot with the first two Superman movies if you count them as one movie (I do). Fuck you if you don't like it, it's because of assholes like you we had to endure the abysmally shitty one with Edward Norton.

More
14 Jul 2009 18:05 #34945 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re:Thor
mjl1783 wrote:

Branaugh can make conventional pictures, just look at Dead Again. I might see the flick knowing he's involved, we might see something a bit distinctive from a super hero movie for a change.

Lee's Hulk is the second best super hero movie ever made, possibly sharing the spot with the first two Superman movies if you count them as one movie (I do). Fuck you if you don't like it, it's because of assholes like you we had to endure the abysmally shitty one with Edward Norton.

Fuck who?? I never said I didn't like it, I said the opposite of that and I can't find anyone on here who said otherwise.

But second best, that's ridiculous. The norton one is o.k., but it played out like a Bourne film and not a Hulk movie at all. Just a standard chase movie. Ang Lee's Hulk is pretty pretentious in places but at least he tried. I loved the multi-panel stuff, I liked Nick Nolte, Bana did a better job of Banner then Norton did... but the best super hero movie... what the fuck it's obviously The Incredibles.

More
14 Jul 2009 19:47 #34955 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:Thor
mjl1783 wrote:

Christ on a cracker Norton's Hulk sucked the big one. What an utterly shitty film. After Ken claimed he liked it more than Lee's fantasic (if flawed) take I took a shit in a bag after eating a can of spinache and mailed it to him. I don't know if it made it through customs though.

More
14 Jul 2009 20:18 #34957 by Merkles
Replied by Merkles on topic Re: Thor
Mr Skeletor wrote:

JonJacob wrote:

True and somewhat unfortunate. I'm afraid he might try to make this film artsy... and if there's one thing that Thor doesn't need it's artsy.

If there is one thing the world doesn't need it's another template marvel comic book film.
Brag's is the only thing keeping me a little interested in this. If this thing just ends up being another Iron man I won't even waste time downloading it (see wolverine).

What the world needs now is an obscure DC comic book film---maybe a film about the Wonder Twins! "Wonder Twin powers active....form of....." Now THAT would be a movie!

More
15 Jul 2009 00:02 #34980 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Re: Thor
Merkles wrote:

What the world needs now is an obscure DC comic book film---maybe a film about the Wonder Twins! "Wonder Twin powers active....form of....." Now THAT would be a movie!

Adam Brody can play Zan and, uh, Jack Black can play Jana.

Lois Lane: Jana, have you ever considered getting a lip wax at the salon?

Jana: I'm an alien, you idiot!

More
15 Jul 2009 00:14 #34983 by username
Replied by username on topic Re:Thor
Aren't the DC crew already working on a Green Lantern movie?
He's one of the worst characters in comic books.

That has plenty of room to be colossaly shitty.

I'm hoping for giant green flyswatters, butterfly nets, and other silly stuff myself.

More
15 Jul 2009 00:29 #34985 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Re:Thor
Squigherder wrote:

Aren't the DC crew already working on a Green Lantern movie?
He's one of the worst characters in comic books.

That has plenty of room to be colossaly shitty.

I'm hoping for giant green flyswatters, butterfly nets, and other silly stuff myself.

I've never been a big Green Lantern fan, though that old Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams run on Green Lantern/Green Arrow was amazing. But I've been hearing great things about the current run by Geoff Johns, particularly this current Blackest Night storyline. I'm waiting for the trades, but I will give it a try.

More
15 Jul 2009 00:30 #34986 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Re:Thor
Speaking of the Wonder Twins... Alex Ross did a picture!!!

They almost look impressive!

More
15 Jul 2009 00:43 #34989 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re:Thor
All I know about Thor is he generally flies around fighting gigantic monsters like Fing Fang Foom. If Fing Fang Foom is in the movie it should be awesome. Or the Midgard Serpent.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds