October 09, 2023
2685 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2853 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

WBC 2008

More
29 May 2008 10:49 #7264 by Ska_baron
WBC 2008 was created by Ska_baron
Hope it's not too early to get this ball rolling, but I just recieved the flier in the mail so it's on my mind!

Just wanted to see if anyone's planning on going and wants to either share a ride or a room. The plan right now is for me to go Tues-Thurs (weird times, I know) and hopefully rock some open gaming. I havent even checked to see if there are any tournaments I'd wanna play in that timeframe or not.

I *have* tried checking Amtrak to see about getting from DC to Lancaster and it looks both expensive and time consuming (either I waste a day Friday getting back or leave way early on Thursday, cutting me off a day). I might have a car available but I'm seeing if it's possible without one.

And ignoring all that, I just wanna line up some GAMING with any and all who are gonna be there. Gaming with cool people. That's what I'm about.

In my collection that I havent played but desperately need to: Starcraft, Prophesy.

I'm also very up to getting into any great old/new Ameritrash so tell me SOMEONE's gonna be there from F:AT...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2008 11:05 #7266 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re:WBC 2008
I'll be there Wed-Sun. Starcraft is on my list too. KingPut promised to run a learning game for us at WBC.

More
29 May 2008 12:02 #7272 by Ska_baron
Replied by Ska_baron on topic Re:WBC 2008
ubarose wrote:

I'll be there Wed-Sun. Starcraft is on my list too. KingPut promised to run a learning game for us at WBC.

I would LOVE to get in on some of that then.

Oh, also on the owned/not played much/want to play list: Descent. But I only own the base set.

More
29 May 2008 17:02 #7282 by iguanaDitty
Replied by iguanaDitty on topic Re:WBC 2008
I'm shooting for the Saturday. Possibly Fri night as well.

More
29 May 2008 18:12 #7285 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re:WBC 2008
I'm planning on being there from Tuesday - Sunday if work doesn't screw me. It sound like we'll have to do StarCraft Wednesday, August 6th at about 8:00 PM open gaming room.

More
30 May 2008 14:01 #7310 by Ska_baron
KingPut wrote:

I'm planning on being there from Tuesday - Sunday if work doesn't screw me. It sound like we'll have to do StarCraft Wednesday, August 6th at about 8:00 PM open gaming room.

Count me in.
I'm writing down that time to make sure I don't schedule something else.

I see you're running Caylus - I'd play in it, but I've never even seen the damn thing. Plus there's some Queen's Gambit going on at the same time.

Looking forward to this.

More
02 Jun 2008 11:19 #7366 by Malloc
Replied by Malloc on topic Re:WBC 2008
I will be there Tuesday-Sunday.

I will open game (Every night if there is no Gangsters to be played) but prefer Ti3 to starcraft. :)

-M

More
02 Jun 2008 12:16 #7370 by Ska_baron
Malloc wrote:

I will open game (Every night if there is no Gangsters to be played) but prefer Ti3 to starcraft. :)

-M

Awesome. I'm also in for Ti3 - I've never played but I'll reread the rules. Put me down for that hot action.

More
16 Jun 2008 23:01 #7693 by mikelawson
Replied by mikelawson on topic Re:WBC 2008
You dudes have fun. One of these years I'll go to the WBC, but I'll be doing it because my wife has family in Lancaster. At least I won't have to worry about the wife and kids not doing anything while I'm gaming, but knowing my son, by then he'll be involved in the WBC by then.

--Mike L.

More
20 Jun 2008 10:04 #7803 by Ska_baron
Ska_baron wrote:

Malloc wrote:

-M

Awesome. I'm also in for Ti3 - I've never played but I'll reread the rules. Put me down for that hot action.

Looks like I'm gonna be getting to play my inagural game of TI3 this weekend, so hopefully I won't be a total newb at the table. Been readin the rules this week, so I think I'm ready to roll.

So - mostly I'm still looking for a room to share if anyone's interested. I'm cool, clean, clever... other words starting with the letter C. But I wanna just get my room reserved so I don't have to worry about it. I might have to go over to some other boardgame site and see if there's any takers there... I'm just worried about rooming with someone who's got a stuffed meeple or something.

More
23 Jun 2008 14:08 #7858 by Ska_baron
I still definitely want to learn Starcraft, but I just played my first TI3+SE game this weekend, came close to winning but didnt and I absolutely MUST play this game again soon.

Just wanted to mention this so I appear as a more likely opponent since I know (at least most I think) of the rules and will you won't have to take time out to teach!

All hail the L1Z1X.

More
09 Jul 2008 19:19 #8397 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Games to bring to WBC
It's July so I'm starting to think about the games we'll bring to WBC.

Malloc's List:
I will bring everything I can fit in the car.
ti3, war of the ring, stock car champ, lifeboats, Dune
Gangsters, tide of Iron, Descent, Crusader rex, hannibal, pitch car
hammer of the scots, war on terror, all the little games in may bag of little games (tichu, Ice house etc) More beer than you can imagine.

Uba's List:
Arkham Horror w/expansionsLast Night on Earth*, Fury of Dracula, Quest for the Dragonlords, Struggle of Empires* (unless someone else is bringing a copy), The Pink Game, Glory to Rome, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Cosmic Encounter Buffy*, Cash&Guns*, Caveman, Detroit Clevland Grand Prix, Probably some other stuff that I'm in the mood for as I'm packing.

KingPut will bring: StarCraft, Railroad Tycoon and Rails of Europe, Caylus, Tribune,
Wing of War and thing my wife and daughter want to play and *games Uba can't fit in her car

More
11 Jul 2008 05:14 - 11 Jul 2008 05:15 #8479 by daveroswell
Replied by daveroswell on topic Re:WBC 2008
Both years I've brought stuff it's been a waste of trunk space, BUT

War of the Ring
Pandemic
Manoever
Napolean's Triumph (if anyone's interested in learning with me...)
Command and Colors (if I ever get finished stickering)
Memoir anyone?
Can't Stop
Maybe Pacific typhoon
Hammer of the Scots
Wellington

My Sports chart crap (Paydirt charts and Superstar baseball Charts).

I'm also getting Combat Commander Europe at the con if anyone's interested

Most of this stuff isn't Trash I know, but this is what I got for now...

I definitely want to play with youze guys...

Is anyone bringing Blackbeard?? I may get this before the con...
Last edit: 11 Jul 2008 05:15 by daveroswell.

More
11 Jul 2008 08:34 #8480 by Ska_baron
I am so excited about this I may wet myself.

Uh... with beer?

Yeah.

More
23 Jul 2008 14:29 #8988 by Ska_baron
Well, sadly it looks like my WBC time is going to be curtailed down to two days one night. Tuesday and Wednesday. Kinda sucks, but hey, it's better than nothing and I'm really looking forward to some good gaming. Anyone got a room they wouldnt mind me stayin in for a night (tues night)? Since my time there's short, hell, I probably won't even sleep much. I'll be more than happy to pay my fair share - just drop me a line!

Also, as far as anyone open gaming - how can we all meet up? Just run around yelling? Are there some better organizational methods?

So ready to game.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds