October 09, 2023
2792 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2937 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Help a dude pay the mortgage mega sale!

More
01 Mar 2013 11:15 - 01 Mar 2013 11:16 #145820 by scissors

Aarontu wrote:

Schweig! wrote:

QPCloudy wrote: Talked to my wife

What kind of a noob would do that?

Surprising considering that Cloudy wears the pants blanket in their household.

---

Matt, sorry to hear you're going through truly hateful and stomach-turning bullshit.

Last edit: 01 Mar 2013 11:16 by scissors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2013 13:06 - 01 Mar 2013 13:12 #145825 by Secret Satan
Oh man, I got you good Loter! Those ass-wipes think their bigotry is supported by the other guy, but I was the one who put them up to this. Well played, I know (I've had lots of practise).

Anyway, I don't want the puritans to rest easy either, so I hereby declare today and all days "anti-puritan" day. All minions are hereby commanded to do something that a puritan wouldn't do. Some ideas: give Loter a job, or buy his games. And since money is the devil's lubricant, I grant permission to Loter to post a paypal address here by which he may receive fluid donations. Let it be so.
Last edit: 01 Mar 2013 13:12 by Secret Satan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433, MattFantastic, jeb, Hatchling

More
01 Mar 2013 13:08 #145826 by scissors
Jesus Chri.. it is Weeks. Back in your hole!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
01 Mar 2013 14:52 #145838 by stormseeker75
Jeff is right. I'm happy to help a brother out. PM Sent.

More
02 Mar 2013 01:08 #145928 by MattFantastic
Haha you guys are the best. It really does mean so much to get support from so many people, many of whom I've never even met.

I've resisted going public, even within my own circles for the most part (this is the first I've actually said anything really public about it, not even Facebook) cause of possible legal ramifications at this point. But soon enough they'll have to have a damn fine lawyer and deep pockets to get me to sign a closed settlement with them and not make this whole thing real public.

As to climbers not typically being close minded assholes, totally true and part of why when this all comes to light it will be a big issue for them. They were never climbers and in fact kinda inadvertently snaked me out of being the owner of the space (long story) and then basically begged me to come set it up and run it for them cause they had no idea what they were doing and the only other qualified people had turned them down (like I did originally).

Anyone on here I don't already personally know in the real world, you gotta come play games and drink with me now. ConnCon is just around the corner!

More
02 Mar 2013 05:06 #145934 by metalface13
Unfortunately, Connecticut is not around the corner from Texas.

More
02 Mar 2013 06:59 #145936 by Octavian

metalface13 wrote: Unfortunately, Connecticut is not around the corner from Texas.

No excuse. Doesn't stop me from going to Dallas every year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattFantastic

More
02 Mar 2013 14:50 - 02 Mar 2013 14:50 #145942 by daveroswell
These guys fired you around Christmas...were you working for Mr. Potter?

I usually don't look at the sale threads, but just noticed this thread was a little different. Late to the thread, but sorry.

I'm starting to hate people again. You guys and my family excluded. PM sent.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2013 14:50 by daveroswell.

More
02 Mar 2013 21:35 #145961 by stormseeker75
Matt, let me know when your list is cleaned up. I may be able to grab more.

More
02 Mar 2013 21:48 #145964 by dysjunct
This just in:

Once you PayPal Loter money, he will "remember" that the game you wanted is ACTUALLY on his no-sell list, and he just FORGOT to put it there in his OP!

And then he will REFUSE to take your money just as a donation, and force you to buy some crappy game from the dregs of his collection!

I GOT TAKEN, PROTECT YOURSELF!

More
02 Mar 2013 21:59 #145966 by Bull Nakano

dysjunct wrote: This just in:

Once you PayPal Loter money, he will "remember" that the game you wanted is ACTUALLY on his no-sell list, and he just FORGOT to put it there in his OP!

And then he will REFUSE to take your money just as a donation, and force you to buy some crappy game from the dregs of his collection!

I GOT TAKEN, PROTECT YOURSELF!

Say hello to Body Boggle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct

More
02 Mar 2013 23:59 #145967 by stormseeker75
I noticed Pretty Pretty Princess is not on the No Sale list. I'll give $10 and a hug for it.

More
03 Mar 2013 01:52 #145968 by Rliyen

MattLoter wrote: Haha you guys are the best. It really does mean so much to get support from so many people, many of whom I've never even met.

I've resisted going public, even within my own circles for the most part (this is the first I've actually said anything really public about it, not even Facebook) cause of possible legal ramifications at this point. But soon enough they'll have to have a damn fine lawyer and deep pockets to get me to sign a closed settlement with them and not make this whole thing real public.

As to climbers not typically being close minded assholes, totally true and part of why when this all comes to light it will be a big issue for them. They were never climbers and in fact kinda inadvertently snaked me out of being the owner of the space (long story) and then basically begged me to come set it up and run it for them cause they had no idea what they were doing and the only other qualified people had turned them down (like I did originally).

Anyone on here I don't already personally know in the real world, you gotta come play games and drink with me now. ConnCon is just around the corner!

Good luck, Matt. Monies sent. As for the Conncon, I guess the bromance will have to wait until Averyfest. You'd BETTER be there, or something. ;)

More
03 Mar 2013 02:58 #145969 by Aarontu
Wow, finally got a chance to really peruse your collection, Matt, and you've got quite a lot of cool classic games there. If you're serious about really selling nearly all of it, eBay could be a good place to get the most for some of the more expensive ones (e.g. Fireball Island, Doom TBG).

I know legal fees can rack up quickly and be terribly expensive; again, good luck, and I hope you come out comfortably in the end.

Also, PM sent. :)

More
03 Mar 2013 04:28 #145972 by daveroswell
Matt

I admire people who are very vocal in their views, even if some people may react strongly against those opinions. Don't be discouraged and keep it up sir!

From the idiot who likes the D&D games but mis-read the post the first time, another PM sent. I actually read the post right this time and looked at your collection.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds