October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2718 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
30 Nov 2015 14:40 #216186 by ThirstyMan
I have absolutely no problem with the sex scenes. You might as well say 'I hate those walking scenes, why do they have to have those?'. Sex is perfectly natural and not a problem I thought it was a bit more realistic than most sex scenes I've seen on movies but it isn't that interesting a topic for me.

The characterisations are really excellent and you certainly get to care about the characters. The story just really ratchets up by the end and it gets quite breathtaking. You're making a mistake leaving it after episode one unless you are one of the boneheads that actually thought Dare Devil was brilliant. If so, leave this one alone, it won't be your thing because it actually has good acting in it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2015 12:46 #216266 by KingPut
Finished Jessica Jones. Over all it was pretty damn good. My negatives, it was about 2 episodes to long. And it was even too graphically violent for me,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
01 Dec 2015 13:10 #216271 by Shellhead
I am watching Two Broke Girls (season three) this week. Kat Deming is great, and the rest of the cast is good enough. Lots of sarcasm and edgy humor. For example:

[Caroline's cell phone ringtone goes off, signifying a text or something]

Bitchy gay guy: Is that [ringtone] Sex in the City? I'm a Charlotte.

Caroline: Oh! I'm a Charlotte, too.

Max: I'm all the dead girls on season two of American Horror Story.

More
01 Dec 2015 13:18 #216272 by Black Barney
Whelp, cuz I like Melissa Benoist, I gave Supergirl a try.

Ugh.

I thought when she uses her eye lasers and stuff, it's pretty cool. Although she has to tap into her emotions to use it, you know cuz I guess she's a girl or something?

Also whenever Supergirl is in the room, people barely notice her. Hey army guys, that's a freakin' alien you all have your backs to right now. And she's a hot alien, why aren't you just staring at her the entire time??

Her Clark Kent persona is sooooo boring too. Ally McBeal isn't helping though.

I couldn't get through the episode, it was just too painful. I don't know why she has non-alien friends that help her fight bad guys either. They got guns and stuff. Superman would be all, "i got this, stand back please"
The following user(s) said Thank You: stoic

More
01 Dec 2015 13:24 #216274 by Hex Sinister

Black Barney wrote: I couldn't get through the episode, it was just too painful

Like, duh! Probably because you're not an 11 year old girl. I made it through 1.2 minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
01 Dec 2015 13:41 #216276 by stoic
My 14-year-old son was watching Supergirl, but, even he only lasted 2 episodes. From listening to the chatter in our carpool, his teenage peers ditched it too. I glanced at the episodes while he watched it. I lasted two-minutes and lost interest. In my opinion, Ally McBeal steals the show--her acting overshadows Supergirl; Ally McBeal's character is more interesting. I also think that actor David Harewood is superb, but, his role is under utilized in this series. From what I've seen of the nemesis and villains in Supergirl, they're cool. In the episode that I watched (only in parts) one B-grade villain fought Supergirl using a nuclear powered battle-axe--in the end, Supergirl's feelings overwhelmed him.

More
01 Dec 2015 14:03 #216281 by Black Barney
lol, in the only episode I watched, she used her feelings to burn a Tornado cyborg a new one. I'm totally not kidding.

More
01 Dec 2015 14:09 #216285 by stoic

Black Barney wrote: lol, in the only episode I watched, she used her feelings to burn a Tornado cyborg a new one. I'm totally not kidding.

Yeah, I think that's the cat that had the battle-axe.

More
01 Dec 2015 14:18 #216287 by Black Barney
I don't remember it/him having a battle axe, but my eyes were mostly on the mini-skirt the entire time so I can't say for certain
The following user(s) said Thank You: stoic

More
01 Dec 2015 22:01 #216332 by hotseatgames
Finished Jessica Jones. Not a bad show. Not a great show either. I would watch a second season, most likely.
This week's Fargo was the best episode of the season. Totally awesome!
Also still loving Ash vs Evil Dead. Such a fun show.

More
01 Dec 2015 22:36 #216334 by Cranberries

hotseatgames wrote: Finished Jessica Jones. Not a bad show. Not a great show either. I would watch a second season, most likely.
This week's Fargo was the best episode of the season. Totally awesome!
Also still loving Ash vs Evil Dead. Such a fun show.

Fargo is just so fun, and hilarious, and appropriately clever, and cool. It's a lot warmer than the movie, in tone. Jeffrey Donovan was so funny in that episode--I didn't know he had it in him. Hanzee. Oh man. "I'm tired of this life." That could be read two ways, as cutting his hair is like identity suicide.

More
06 Dec 2015 09:32 #216719 by repoman
Just watched the pilot episode of Into the Badlands on AMC.

I really don't know what to make of it. It's sort of a hodgepodge of cool ideas blown up to near rediculous proportions.

We've got some cool martial arts in the vein of House of Flying Daggers or Crouching Tiger. Defying physics in a mystical way.

We've got some super cool visuals. The protagonist riding his Harley through the poppy fields at the very start is good stuff.

We've got a post appocolyptic setting that is NOT zombies. We've got a world run by war lords but with a dash of Plantation South/steam punk rather than desert wasteland as in Mad Max but also with some tints of Enter the Dragon.

All this certainly sets it apart from the rest of the shows on TV.

As to the story and writing, it's sort of on the level of the glory days of independent syndication shows of the 90s. The kind of shows that were on Sunday at 5 or 6pm. Entertaining but not top notch. Now this was the pilot so it is certainly possible for it to go in either direction, for good or ill.

At the very least, the show has piqued my curiosity and I'll give it a chance.

More
07 Dec 2015 10:47 #216782 by JEM
Replied by JEM on topic What TV SHOWS are you watching?
Into the Badlands pissed me off with it's bad writing. It drives me nuts when characters are giving explanations to each other that they both already know, just so the (assumed to be idiotic) audience can catch up. I can figure the information out from what they do, they don't have to word it all out with their mouth holes.

I'm interested in watching the rest because I loved Monkey, though I don't think there will be any flying clouds in this version.

I also finished watching The Last Kingdom, which was excellent.

More
09 Dec 2015 09:22 #217004 by Columbob
The Expanse starts next monday night on SyFy/Space. Haven't read the books but I'm looking forward to it and hopes it's great.

More
09 Dec 2015 12:46 #217021 by hotseatgames
Finished Broadchurch season 2. It was better than season 1 and amazing to see the emotional destruction these characters go through.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds