October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2718 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

The Walking Dead - Season 4

More
08 Oct 2013 23:28 - 09 Oct 2013 01:11 #162713 by ChristopherMD
I'm pretty excited for this. Its been a watercooler show at work which is actually pretty rare. Several coworkers have even read the comics (that I loaned to them). Cool they got two actors from The Wire now. I'm going to try and post something here after every episode but I usually don't watch until the following night.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2013 01:11 by ChristopherMD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, mikecl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2013 12:41 #162732 by Ska_baron
Ugh - doubtful that I'll watch this season either in anything close to real time. I will dutifully avoid this thread =(

More
14 Oct 2013 16:28 #163070 by ChristopherMD
Its safe to assume this thread will have spoilers for any aired episode. You've all been warned.

Well the good thing is there's no more Andrea and also the Governor wasn't in this episode. I already liked the Tyreese character and the new medic could be interesting. Probably shouldn't let him on missions again though.
I liked the giant store setting, but the zombies raining down was pretty stupid. All the time they've been walking around up there and suddenly now they start falling through was too much of a contrivance.
At first I thought the new threat they'd been hyping pre-season was going to be talking zombies because that Irish woman looked like one. I guess its going to be some kind of virus/sickness that glasses kid died from. Hopefully people keep their cell doors shut when they sleep (I know I would).
Not sure what is going on with Carl. He's become kind of an enigma at this point.
Wondering if the gun Rick finds at the beginning is supposed to be some kind of swords to plowshares symbolism.

More
14 Oct 2013 18:43 #163076 by Hex Sinister

Mad Dog wrote: Wondering if the gun Rick finds at the beginning is supposed to be some kind of swords to plowshares symbolism.

Hey, good catch! I missed that.

Yeah, the raining zombies could have been handled better. Agree on lazy and contrived. I didn't like the medic guy though. He should have died along with that kid who I also didn't care for. The love interest couldn't even be bothered to shed a tear for the fucker. Tyrese is cool though, you just feel like you can depend on him.

Whatever the glasses kid had sure worked fast. He seems fine in the daytime and then six hours later he's a zombie? That can't be good. I hope somebody has the sense to dump the water out of that barrel and sanitize.

I wonder what is the deal with the dead pig. Related to the sickness?

More
14 Oct 2013 18:53 #163078 by Ska_baron
So, I feel like it's new that they have next day episodes up on AMC. Were they there last season and I just missed it?

Ep 1: www.amctv.com/full-episodes/the-walking-...-without-an-accident

Huh - guess I was able to explain the raining zombies as a gradual weakening of the roof that gave way as they all started congregating due to the sound. But looking at it now, they just started coming down at randomly weakened spots. *shrug* Enough of an explanation for me anyway I guess as I loved it.

Love seeing the new systems the have: crops/livestock, clearing duty, counsel, etc.

Overall I really liked this opening to season 4.

More
14 Oct 2013 18:55 #163080 by buzz71
And the dying boar in the woods. Also, did anyone else notice the zombie bleeding from the eyes at the fence? Looked like glasses guy did when he died.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
14 Oct 2013 19:08 #163082 by eekamouse

buzz71 wrote: And the dying boar in the woods. Also, did anyone else notice the zombie bleeding from the eyes at the fence? Looked like glasses guy did when he died.

Wow. I was wondering why the focused on that particular zombie twice (at the beginning and end) for such an extended period. The eyes are totally the same.

More
15 Oct 2013 12:14 #163124 by Ska_baron
Also, kinda weird that some felt the need to hide what "story time" really was from Carl/Rick. Curious to see how that plays out.

More
15 Oct 2013 14:15 #163137 by ChristopherMD

Ska_baron wrote: Also, kinda weird that some felt the need to hide what "story time" really was from Carl/Rick. Curious to see how that plays out.

Carol seems to be hiding it from everybody. She waited for the other adult to leave the had one of the kids watch the door.

More
15 Oct 2013 14:42 - 15 Oct 2013 14:48 #163141 by mikecl
I can't help but wonder whether the 'ol guv-nah is behind the sickness. Could he be waging some kind of behind the scenes biological warfare? He rode away on his horse with a coupla flunkies after he got outgunned at the end of last season so I think he's still very much "in play."
Last edit: 15 Oct 2013 14:48 by mikecl.

More
15 Oct 2013 14:43 #163142 by Ska_baron

Mad Dog wrote:

Ska_baron wrote: Also, kinda weird that some felt the need to hide what "story time" really was from Carl/Rick. Curious to see how that plays out.

Carol seems to be hiding it from everybody. She waited for the other adult to leave the had one of the kids watch the door.

Hmmm, I thought the other guy gave Carol an "all clear" signal.

More
15 Oct 2013 14:52 #163144 by hotseatgames
So now they have two people from The Wire. They'll be building to some sort of "my alcohol addiction let everybody down" bit.

Swine flu?

The way they go through new people, they might as well have them all wear red shirts.

More
21 Oct 2013 14:53 #163471 by ChristopherMD
Great episode last night.

Someone feeding rats to the zombies. I think its that little girl who liked Zombie Nick as her pet. She probably would have kept her dad as a pet if Carol hadn't been there. Speaking of which I really like the direction Carol's character has gone in.
Seen people online bitching about the fence clearing. I think they were clearing it fine for the months they've been there, but just the past day or so they've been getting larger groups of zombies. Carol only pointed it out to Darryl the previous day.
Like that there's the mystery of who killed and burned the two people. And possibly fed rats to the walkers but it seems a weak plan to do that as some kind of sabotage so I'm still thinking it was the little girl. Hoping it won't just turn out to be one of the new people and they'll have to deal with it being an original cast member burning them.
The way Michonne was around Shane's baby looks like she lost a kid. Or its just another case where she's hesitant to do anything that will make her not a hardcore killing machine.

That'll be all pig.

That'll be all pig.

That'll be all pig...

More
21 Oct 2013 15:20 #163480 by mikecl

Mad Dog wrote: The way Michonne was around Shane's baby looks like she lost a kid. Or its just another case where she's hesitant to do anything that will make her not a hardcore killing machine.

Naw. She's obviously lost a child. I still think the guv-nah's behind it. Poor Rick. He can't catch a break. He's got all the good ideas and he's still doing the shit work. Just when it looks like they're in serious trouble, Rick pulls their bacon (pun intended) out of the fire once again. He's like Ralph in Lord of the Flies.

That'll do pig.

More
21 Oct 2013 15:49 - 21 Oct 2013 15:51 #163488 by Ska_baron
Thinking it's the girl feeding rats to the fence walkers and no clue on who burned the bodies, but couldnt have been the girl. Maybe Carol or Michonne?

Really hoping Rick snaps out of it soon (like Daryl said, not that he hasnt earned it), but he CANT just be a farmer now. Just not going to happen. And now we know what's going on with Carol vs. Rick on the knife class - like this aspect of the story line as it makes logical sense that if Rick's going to come back from the brink, he's going to go pretty far in the opposite direction (helping, but no desire for responsibility/guns/killing) and keep his son with him on that path. Liking that Carl doesnt seem like a little punk now.

Calling it now that one of the main characters (Daryl I'm thinking) will get sick and at death's door but pull out of it.

Anyone want to guess who the next "main" character will be that dies? Not the hows but the who: I'm thinking Hershel.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2013 15:51 by Ska_baron.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds