October 09, 2023
2629 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2821 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

The Walking Dead - Season 4

More
11 Feb 2014 10:49 - 11 Feb 2014 20:43 #171747 by ChristopherMD
Loved it when Carl tried to break down the door. Maybe he should just see if its unlocked next time. Also really liked the "remember Shane" line to his dad. Kid has to learn you never walk backwards in zedworld.

Michonne slaughtering those walkers made the whole episode worth watching. I'm glad she decided to turn back instead resuming her life on the road pre-Andrea.

I've been wanting them to show flashbacks to characters lives before the dead rose since the first season. Hopefully they'll do it a little more often now.

I'm wondering if Darryl and Beth will hook up. I would think that due to his popularity a Darryl romance would boost ratings (not that they need a boost). Lookin forward to next weeks.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2014 20:43 by ChristopherMD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2014 14:32 #171762 by Hex Sinister
How in the hell does having two zombie pets make you immune to a zombie horde? Does not compute. I had forgiven this before but they shouldn't have brought it back...

More
11 Feb 2014 14:54 #171764 by Sagrilarus
The pets cover both Attack Human slots on the Action tableau, forcing the zombie player to take a different action instead.

S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Hex Sinister, Black Barney

More
11 Feb 2014 15:50 #171766 by ChristopherMD
Zombies are idiots.

More
11 Feb 2014 17:52 #171773 by ozjesting
Carl has quietly become one of the great character journeys. It was good to see him have an episode to really show what he has become, and who he is. So many trials for the young man. Shooting his mom, watching his dad fall apart, and all the day to day stuff of course. Hellish. But for the all the "growing up fast" stuff...I loved the still a boy shot...Carl on the roof eating pudding while a zombie arm flails through the window behind. Awesome set shot.

More
12 Feb 2014 10:41 #171797 by ZMan

Hex Sinister wrote: How in the hell does having two zombie pets make you immune to a zombie horde? Does not compute. I had forgiven this before but they shouldn't have brought it back...

I believe it is their smell that will eventually mask your 'alive' smell to the other zombies. Remember in the first episode or three where they covered themselves in guts to run amongst the horde?

My issue is that even though she cut off their arms and jaws why would they remain docile - I would think they would still try to eat her?

More
12 Feb 2014 12:13 #171802 by ChristopherMD
If you recall she walked up to the prison fence initially carrying the baby food without her two pets. I think its a combination of smell and not attracting attention to yourself. At the fence they left her alone until her wound started bleeding badly giving her a "fresh" smell. When she moves slow like them even the pets start seeing her as another zombie. Its not like they have long memories or reasoning. She may even let them walk in front sometimes to stay downwind.

More
12 Feb 2014 16:24 #171808 by Hex Sinister

ZMan wrote: My issue is that even though she cut off their arms and jaws why would they remain docile - I would think they would still try to eat her?

Exactly.

I hear what you guys are saying but Michone isn't covered in a shitload of gore or anything. Even if it were plausible it would be way too fucking unsettling and dangerous to walk around in a mob.

But I'm ovethinking the zombie apocalypse which is obviously a stupid road to travel heh.

More
15 Feb 2014 15:26 #171967 by Grudunza
I think that's dumb, too. How can two of them mask her smell, when hordes of them in the vicinity of someone would normally still make them chase after the person? Doesn't compute.

More
18 Feb 2014 08:36 #172091 by Ska_baron
Great two episodes to round up folks post prison.

Finally liking Carl's character and hopefully Rick will see him more of an equal (though still his son), in carrying the weight of all the things that have to be done now to survive.

Holy crap though - biggest shock for me was seeing the baby alive! I thought for sure they'd used the prison attack as a convenient way to get rid of a HUGE liability to the group. That said, as a parent, seeing the scenes where she cries and the anxiety it causes was powerful. Ugh. Also, those two little girls are freakin weird. One psycho and the other is I guess what would happen to any kid during the apocalypse.

Glad Carol made it back (knew she had to) and hopefully saving his bacon will have him forgive her down the line. Or he'll explode in violent rage. One of the two.

Good stuff all around.

More
18 Feb 2014 18:58 #172140 by ChristopherMD
Lots of stuff happened in this episode. I liked Beth's narration at the beginning and was sad she didn't do it for the whole episode even when other people's stories were being told.

I knew that little girl was a psycho. I really thought that she was going to kill the baby. I'm kind of surprised that Carol, as a character, would have returned to the prison. I guess she went back for the two girls. I do want to see Tyreese pick up Carol and rip her in half for what she did. Guy looks like he could do it and he was pretty raged up when his girlfriend died.

The scene with Glenn left behind and looting the prison for stuff was good. Its probably good that Maggie and Glenn are separated because they were too happy so otherwise one of them had to die. I suspect they won't see each other again until the end of the season.

Really cool ending with the new characters. They even posed directly from the comic. Can't wait to see them in scenes hopefully next week.

Sadly this episode indicates the show might be better without Rick, Carl, or Michonne in it.

More
18 Feb 2014 22:45 #172147 by Pat II
A zombie without a jaw would still try and gum someone like 90 year old Grandpa and a cheap date. Suddenly these things are smart enough to give up?

More
24 Feb 2014 11:22 #172338 by eekamouse
Long time listener, first time caller.

I was pleasantly surprised that the "army guy" didn't turn out to be another Governor type. The preview at the end of last week left me with a sinking feeling. I was positive the "scientist guy" was going to die though. That was kind of a hilarious set up for those three joining the group. However, I hope it doesn't end up with the scientist being a tight wad about revealing the "cure", and we have to put up with him until the season finale.

The scene with Rick escaping the house was pretty dope.

More
24 Feb 2014 12:09 - 24 Feb 2014 15:15 #172346 by charlest
That "classified" thing was ridiculously stupid. What if he dies? The super important information is lost?

I like the actor who plays the main military guy and have seen him in several other movies/shows. His obviously dyed bright red hair is really bothering me though.

The Rick scenes were the most intense te show has been in awhile. Really enjoyed the bedroom scenes but kind of stupefied why he couldn't manage to grab the assault rifle on the bed. Seemed kind of superficial that he felt like he didn't have time to do so.
Last edit: 24 Feb 2014 15:15 by charlest.

More
24 Feb 2014 13:26 #172357 by Ska_baron
I figured he didnt grab the assault rifle because then the other group would've been alerted to his presence (the other guy was coming back up to get it in fact).

Great, tense episode and glad to see we have a story line that may get us some answers and hopefully a resolution by series' end. Wonder what the cause/cure will turn out to be.

Anyone know how long it's been since Z-day in the show? Two years?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds