October 09, 2023
2531 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2729 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Why do I watch such crap? - Ghost Whisperer

More
12 Jan 2012 23:53 - 13 Jan 2012 00:04 #112692 by Disgustipater

Shellhead wrote: Instead, I just stopped watching television. Completely.
So I stopped, and I haven't really missed it. Once in a while, I want to watch something in particular. So I download it and watch in on the computer.

I haven't watched broadcast television in over a decade. These days, there's a select few shows I enjoy, such as Dexter and Breaking Bad, which I just torrent, usually before it even airs here on the west coast, without commercials, and I can stream it from my PC to my Xbox and watch it on my TV.

In the future, if for some reason I can't torrent shows (e.g. SOPA, or the bankruptcies of the networks due to evil piracy), then I just wont watch anything.

As for watching crap, I don't. Maybe it's because I can't just sit down and flip channels, but I just find most TV watching to be a waste of time that is better spend doing other things.

Like surfing the internet.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2012 00:04 by Disgustipater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notahandle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2012 23:57 #112693 by DeletedUser

Hex Sinister wrote: I have a crap weakness for Kitchen Nightmares. Fuck. Ramsay should open a game store and do reviews.

I enjoyed the earlier Kitchen Nightmares filmed in England, because for reality TV it actually seemed fairly real. But the American series was just too over the the top and it suddenly felt like trash TV to me like a lot of other junk reality TV programs.

More
13 Jan 2012 00:04 #112694 by Black Barney
is Toddlers and Tiaras the one where the guy sings Little Miss Perfect every episode? I die of laughter every time I see that

More
13 Jan 2012 00:31 #112695 by Forelle
Wow, "decolletage?" Fancy. FAT - it not only entertains, but enriches your word power.

More
13 Jan 2012 01:22 #112698 by Hex Sinister

Death and Taxis wrote:

Hex Sinister wrote: I have a crap weakness for Kitchen Nightmares. Fuck. Ramsay should open a game store and do reviews.

I enjoyed the earlier Kitchen Nightmares filmed in England, because for reality TV it actually seemed fairly real. But the American series was just too over the the top and it suddenly felt like trash TV to me like a lot of other junk reality TV programs.

Yeah... I've been a good boy and haven't watched in a while. The show is fake ass as hell like all the rest. Like you know Ramsay is coming and you leave rotting shit in your cooler? Live under a rock? It really entertaining CRAP and at least Ramsay can be funny and crass. If it was anybody else it would fail.

My only other weakness is UFOs. Let's not discuss that lol.

More
13 Jan 2012 04:57 #112711 by Dogmatix

repoman wrote: The best part is when the owner of a shit hole that's about to go belly up starts telling Gordon (Mr. Millionaire-world class-successful restauranteer) Ramsay that he doesn't know what he's talking about and the chef is going to keep doing what he's been doing.

I couldn't get through 2 episode for just that reason. I think Ramsay is a douchebag, but only those who can not just reach but *maintain* the absolute tops in quality and service earn a 3rd Michelin Star. Yea, it requires the food and atmosphere reach stratospheric levels of pretention, but it's a pretty elite club nonetheless. The man certainly does know his shit.

For me it's mostly financial and international news, hockey, football [just about all sorts, including Australian Rules since it's usually on at 3AM somewhere on the dial], and Sons of Anarchy.

More
13 Jan 2012 05:26 #112715 by cdennett

stormseeker75 wrote: Goddamn, Toddlers and Tiaras is literally the worst thing on TV and that's saying something.

That show is disgusting. I was at the gym yesterday and one of the TVs was on CNN and they were interviewing one of the girls and her mother because she had apparently done a dance that was "too sexy" on that show. So...THEY FUCKING REWARD HER AND HER MENTALLY DEFICIENT MOM BY GIVING THEM MORE ATTENTION AND TELEVISION VIEWERSHIP. Jesus Christ, what fucking idiots.

More
13 Jan 2012 06:15 #112720 by DeletedUser

Hex Sinister wrote: My only other weakness is UFOs. Let's not discuss that lol.

Yeah, me too, and any program where they are "scientifically" searching for a sasquatch or lake monster. I know it's crap, but I just love that stuff. It's not that I believe they're out there, it's that I want to believe they're out there. Cue X-Files soundtrack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
13 Jan 2012 09:32 #112738 by Hex Sinister
Yeah, when I was a kid I would go hunting with my father. We live in the US Pacific Northwest so I was always looking for bigfoot in the deep forests. I spent more time looking for Sasquatch than deer. It added some excitement and if you psych yourself out enough it can get fucking creepy alone in those woods, especially at dusk.

Now that the whole planet is mapped out by satellite for all to see on the internet (etc) it kinda makes the world a duller place. Like there's not much left to explore or get the imagination going. Kind of sad, really.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeletedUser

More
13 Jan 2012 14:43 #112759 by ubarose
My other guilty pleasure is watching Hoarders. The Man says he knows when I have been watching it, because afterwards I slave them all into cleaning up the house and clearing out the closets for a Goodwill run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron

More
13 Jan 2012 18:21 #112776 by Dr. Mabuse

ubarose wrote: Do guys watch crap that they know is crap?

Deadliest Warrior.

Mega testosterone injected, psuedo-science, history-fudging, super-macho and boyhood "who-would-win-in-a-fight" scenarios with weapons and dead pigs.

Vikings vs Samurai?

Knight vs Pirate?

Red ant vs Black ant?

Ahhhhh, yes.

More
13 Jan 2012 19:43 #112788 by stormseeker75
Yeah, I watch pro wrestling. I still say it's better TV than the Kardashians or things of that ilk.

More
13 Jan 2012 21:19 #112792 by repoman
Oh man, don't forget American Ninja Warrior! (and the original Japanese version)

Bunch of people trying to make it through a crazy obstacle course in a certain amount of time? Awesome!

No redeeming value for me as a viewer what-so-ever but it draws me in like the eyes of Hypno-toad!

More
13 Jan 2012 21:32 #112794 by Hex Sinister

Dr. Mabuse wrote:

ubarose wrote: Do guys watch crap that they know is crap?

Deadliest Warrior.

Mega testosterone injected, psuedo-science, history-fudging, super-macho and boyhood "who-would-win-in-a-fight" scenarios with weapons and dead pigs.

Vikings vs Samurai?

Knight vs Pirate?

Red ant vs Black ant?

Ahhhhh, yes.

Hehehe, this is the show they swing weapons at giant chunks of meat? Err, biogel or whatever they call it. Yeah, can't avert the eyes on this one.

More
14 Jan 2012 00:39 #112825 by Forelle
Do guys watch crap that they know is crap? Yes, 3 words: SyFy Original Movie

I can't wait for "Jersey Shore Shark Attack" in June.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds