October 09, 2023
2546 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2744 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Reccommend a TV Series that is curently on Netflix Streaming

More
07 Jun 2011 19:17 #97589 by jeb
In Canadialand Netflix is Instant Watch only--you can stream, but you don't have the DVD/Blu-Ray mailed to your house option.

In the US, the streaming comes on it's own for $8, or bundled with a service that physically mails DVDs/blu-rays to you to watch at your leisure, with a free return mailer included. I am on the 1-at-a-time plan, which is $9/mo. others on this thread can have up to three or more discs out at a time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2011 19:39 #97591 by Jackwraith

TheDukester wrote: Archer.

Second this in the strongest possible terms. Archer is a close second to ATHF in my list of "Greatest Modern Cartoons Evah". Probably not for The Spawn, though.

More
07 Jun 2011 20:04 #97594 by Dr. Mabuse

jeb wrote: In Canadialand Netflix is Instant Watch only--you can stream, but you don't have the DVD/Blu-Ray mailed to your house option.

In the US, the streaming comes on it's own for $8, or bundled with a service that physically mails DVDs/blu-rays to you to watch at your leisure, with a free return mailer included. I am on the 1-at-a-time plan, which is $9/mo. others on this thread can have up to three or more discs out at a time.

Ahhh, thanks Jeb.

@Jackwraith I'm using the Wii as well do you have the component cables and if so is it a marked improvement? Maybe it's my internet speed but I'm not crazy about the current picture quality.

More
07 Jun 2011 20:51 - 07 Jun 2011 20:55 #97599 by tin0men
Not exactly 'a series', but speaking of MST3K, there are a fair number of old SF & Horror flicks out there on streaming. I've been introducing my son to them on the weekends...

One's I've got in the queue or recently watched (again):
Planet of the Vampires ("Terrore nello spazio" Yea Mario Bava!)
Them!
Dracula
Dr. Phiebes Rises Again
Gojira
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Wolf Man
It! The Terror from Beyond Space
The Angry Red Planet
Queen of Blood
The Beast with a Million Eyes
The Man from Planet X
Beware! The Blob
The Bride of Frankenstein
Invaders from Mars (53)
Beyond the Time Barrier
Donovan's Brain

It's not everything, or even terribly consistent stuff. But it makes for a decent recreation of the old 'Simon's Sanctorum' experience from when I was a kid. :)

Older Series, if you haven't watched 'em all before:
Red Dwarf
Lexx

Another Brit:
Wire in the Blood
Last edit: 07 Jun 2011 20:55 by tin0men.

More
07 Jun 2011 21:58 #97600 by jeb
Are you intentionally trying to make Dr. Mabuse cry, or is it by accident?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
07 Jun 2011 22:07 #97601 by Schweig!
LOUIE is super-awesome

and I'm not going to dilute my post by recommending further less-awesome shows.

More
08 Jun 2011 14:31 #97628 by moofrank
Good shows on Netflix Streaming:

Dead Like Me. Girl dies, takes work as a Grim Reaper. Kind of like the mega-cynical version of Touched by an Angel. By the same series creator is Pushing Daisies (cute, but gets a little old), and Wonderfalls (which is just brilliant).

Heroes. This was a surprise, and the first season is very good. It grows stale over time, but this is a sort of modern Supers thing that somehow I ended up liking.

Jekyll: 6 episodes, and INCREDIBLY brilliant. A modern take on the classic, but done with such intensity. The same director did Sherlock, which is good--nothing as jaw dropping as James Nesbitt in this, however.

More
08 Jun 2011 16:56 #97633 by wice
- Homicide: Life On The Street: The best damn crime series I've ever seen, from the creator of The Wire. And yes, I think it's better than The Wire.
- Supernatural: Starts off as a monster-of-the-week ripoff of The X-Files, but gets gradually better, and at about the second season it becomes downright brilliant. Lots of self-referential jokes and WTF episodes.
- Veronica Mars: A fun high-school crime series with the sassiest heroine ever imagined.
- The Black Adder: Mr. Bean goes medieval. Crazy, cynical comedy.

I'm sad to see, that two of my all time favourites are not on Netflix: Relativity (excellent and lovable romantic dramedy, featuring Adam Goldberg) and Hull High (completely surreal high-school comedy/musical).

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds