October 09, 2023
2758 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2908 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Next step on my way of becoming the incarnation of Anti-Americanism

More
23 Aug 2011 15:42 #101981 by Hatchling

Schweig! wrote:
Thanks for the sauce recipes, Hatchling. Can these be stored for some time? If so I'd probably prepare a big pot of sauce.

The sauces do keep well, but I haven't tested the limits (I don't think I've had any of them around for longer than a week). The Simple sauce in particular goes a long way because it is very intensely flavoured (you don't need much to get some kick). I don't make huge batches, but then again I don't need too much at a time (using too much will overpower the flavour of the vegetables). The amount you get in each recipe is quite substantial as is, and since a little bit goes a long way, and since they are so easy and quick to make you don't need to worry about it too much if you have the ingredients on hand.

**Note: I added a note to the recipe for the miso gravy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2011 15:55 #101984 by ubarose

MattDP wrote:

ubarose wrote: You have an interesting take on what is considered anti-American. Here in the Northeast we'd just call you a liberal.

I was under the impression that most of the rest of America thought the Northeast was anti-American?

And the Northeast is under the impression that the rest of America is inbred rednecks and hillbillies.

More
23 Aug 2011 16:10 #101985 by Black Barney

ubarose wrote:

MattDP wrote:

ubarose wrote: You have an interesting take on what is considered anti-American. Here in the Northeast we'd just call you a liberal.

I was under the impression that most of the rest of America thought the Northeast was anti-American?

And the Northeast is under the impression that the rest of America is inbred rednecks and hillbillies.

Disagree ftw. I'm sure there are some in the Northeast that think that but the majority, they do not form.

Anyway, at least we are all in agreement that America seems to be a nation of enemies. Congrats.

More
23 Aug 2011 16:17 #101988 by Ken B.

Black Barney wrote:

ubarose wrote:

MattDP wrote:

Disagree ftw. I'm sure there are some in the Northeast that think that but the majority, they do not form.

Anyway, at least we are all in agreement that America seems to be a nation of enemies. Congrats.

NOW GIB ME A KISS
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Black Barney

More
23 Aug 2011 16:25 #101991 by OldHippy

One may regret living at a period when it's impossible to form an idea of the shape the world of the future will assume. But there's one thing I can predict to eaters of meat: the world of the future will be vegetarian.

- Hitler

In addition to being a teetotaler and a non-smoker, Adolf Hitler was also a vegetarian.

You also don't drink or smoke do ya Schweig!?

Polands next... eventually America will have to invade if you keep up this anti-American behavior.

More
23 Aug 2011 17:22 #101993 by ThirstyMan
What? What? Don't drink?? Is that even possible?

More
23 Aug 2011 18:28 #102005 by dysjunct

Schweig! wrote: Thanks for the advice, Kevin. Since you've survived 11 years, I have to ask how you get your B12.

Nutritional yeast, primarily. It's a health food store staple. It's great on popcorn, also possible to make a good faux parmesan to put on pasta (toasted sesame seeds, sea salt, and nutritional yeast, milled in a food processor -- I can get exact ratios if you like) or blended a tablespoon or two into pesto.

More
23 Aug 2011 18:46 #102008 by ubarose

Schweig! wrote:

I thought liberal was an insult. I also don't smoke weed.

LOL. Well here in New England being a liberal isn't an insult and has nothing to do with weed. It mostly just means that you would approve a budget that raised property taxes rather than cut the school budget, and that you would vote to postpone the pothole repairs on your street in favor of using the money to fix the playground equipment and establish a community garden.

Note: In New England, unlike most of the rest of the US, our local goverment is by town, and we have direct democracy by vote and by town meeting.

More
23 Aug 2011 19:02 - 23 Aug 2011 19:03 #102011 by Schweig!

JonJacob wrote:

One may regret living at a period when it's impossible to form an idea of the shape the world of the future will assume. But there's one thing I can predict to eaters of meat: the world of the future will be vegetarian.

- Hitler

In addition to being a teetotaler and a non-smoker, Adolf Hitler was also a vegetarian.

You also don't drink or smoke do ya Schweig!?

Polands next... eventually America will have to invade if you keep up this anti-American behavior.

Hitler was probably referring to the years after the war, when the majority of Germans survived on turnip soup.

But yeah, until recently I didn't know the subgroup existed, but I am now what would be called vegan straight edge.

But I have to make clear that I do not automatically identify with every member of a group I happen to belong to. A vegan friend already warned be that there are lots of bat-shit folks out there who practice veganism as a way to become one with the cosmos or similar esoteric crap. I just want to be healthier. In addition a vegan diet is more ecological (there isn't that much difference between omnivorism and vegetarianism in that regard); I don't own a car either. I also hate myself and like to deprive myself of joy.

Poland seems nice though. I definitely like the Czech, great sense of humour.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2011 19:03 by Schweig!.

More
24 Aug 2011 08:13 #102067 by Matt Thrower

Schweig! wrote: But I have to make clear that I do not automatically identify with every member of a group I happen to belong to. A vegan friend already warned be that there are lots of bat-shit folks out there who practice veganism as a way to become one with the cosmos or similar esoteric crap.

This is the thing I hate most about being vegetarian: that when you tell people they automatically assume you're some tree-hugging, colon-irrigating, new-age lunatic. Having to buy food in shops that sell cure-all magnetic bracelets and homoeopathic remedies (i.e. sugar pills) where you get served by men who think wearing flip flops, beard braids and a topknot is the height of cool is about the most degrading experience that I regularly subject myself to.

More
24 Aug 2011 13:09 #102070 by Stephen Avery
You damn hippie.

Though I do endorse flip flops (and tanktops.)

Steve"Inbred hillbilly American superhero"Avery

• Steve Weeks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Aug 2011 14:20 - 24 Aug 2011 14:22 #102078 by Steve Weeks
You are still going to die as a vegetarian. Who wants to be hit by a car while eating bean sprouts when you could have gone out with a Big Mac! HA

Bill Clinton goes Vegan

yourlife.usatoday.com/fitness-food/diet-...n-victory/50111212/1

Vegetarian is not necessarily healthy. Old style Japanese diet or Mediterranian diet is the way to go.

P.S. If Vulcans did exist then the Vulcan diet would be the best
Last edit: 24 Aug 2011 14:22 by Steve Weeks.

More
24 Aug 2011 14:59 #102083 by SaMoKo
Agree on the Vulcan diet. I would eat the hell out of a Vulcan with a nice wine reduction and a side of risotto.

More
24 Aug 2011 15:17 - 24 Aug 2011 15:17 #102084 by Hatchling
Agreed. Grilled Vulcan green meat would be a dish that vegans and non-vegans alike could share at a BBQ.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2011 15:17 by Hatchling.

• Steve Weeks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Aug 2011 15:26 #102085 by Steve Weeks
I was referring to a diet of Vulcan Plomeek soup, heavy meditation, gaming with 3d chess and shagging every 7 years during the Pon Far.

Super healthy lifestyle.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.514 seconds