October 09, 2023
2515 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2716 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

It's a slow day people, get talking.

More
07 Dec 2015 22:16 #216869 by ubarose

Msample wrote: If they want to give schools days off for Chanukah, its gonna have to come from somewhere else one the schedule IMO. Already the school year is way longer than I remember it being. I never started before Labor Day and was always out by mid June - and yes, this was in New England with snow days built in. I don't remember having both a Winter Break AND a Spring break two months later. Nor all these in season teacher workshops. Both as a result mean I see a lot of districts start school in August ( insane ) and go to the last week in June.

I'm not looking for getting any days off school. I would just like my kid to be able to get home from school by 6pm during Chanukah. I'm not even asking for home by sundown, because that would be way too much to hope for. This week one week, out of all the weeks in the school year, she won't be getting home before 9 - 10 pm on any day except for Wed., which is the evening I have a test (State College), and she has to be at the school on Saturday from noon until 6pm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2015 06:25 - 08 Dec 2015 06:36 #216880 by SuperFlySwatter
The tit for tat Facebook "in your face-ing" between my neighbours, one an expatriated USA-ian, former Boston police marksman and his wife, the other a left wing academic politically correct cliché couple is wonderful. I enjoy winding both of them up by appearing to be sympathetic entirely to each of them individually when we meet in the street while actually thinking all of them are fucking simpletons.

The gun wars are the hot topic now (oh and immigrants, duh), though I have never ever seen a gun outside an airport police and a couple in Manhattan on the subway while on holiday, and can count on one hand the number of times Ive heard of any gun related bother over here, the american guy is constantly fuming as to why we dont have guns in this country, I am not sure what imaginary threat he feels he needs to fend off, but he feels extremely violated, he also enjoys our incredibly luxurious social welfare system which provides a total of about 18 months child care (at a high fraction of full wage) shared between parents, financial encouragement to share as close to 50:50 as possible in fact, but when I talk to him he seems to be oblivious of this and rants on about it conveniently forgetting how fucking totally comfy their lives are here.

Todays riposte from the geniusses - the other neighbours (because they do think they are smarter than everyone, you know the sort, you cannot tell them anything without them nodding dismissively because they heard of it so of course they not only understand everything but think its a bit beneath them, and they are big fans of cultural marxism so cant wait to "correct" you in that weird insidious way these people do like just assuming that their own personal politics and ideals applies by default to everyone and if not you are a fucking evil nazi - so weird that they dont see the irony of being the sole arbiters of what is or isnt acceptable to say or think because they know they are right, errrrrr) was this

now I sit back and wait for the pro gun lobby riposte

oh wow, right back with the pipe bomb pearler
pbs.twimg.com/media/CVfETKMUYAAStnN.jpg

TRASHDOME: GUN DEATH STATS MEME vs PIPE BOMB TERRORIST MEME

It always amazes me that so many people are so fucking clueless and buy into this weird shit that everyone is a label (I used the labels here to describe how THEY THEMSELVES portray themselves publicly), and you are either in THIS group or THAT group and you can only be one IN EVERYTHING and you must REALLY BUY INTO EVERYTHING IN YOUR GROUP and everything in the OTHER GROUP is stupid and bad.

I literally cannot wait for the christmas mingle in a couple of weeks where we have some of the neighbours over for festive drinks and snacks. I always make sure to invite those two slightly earlier than everyone else to get them started early on getting tipsy and start sniping at each other under the veneer of politeness. I like to post snippets on my wifes facebook alternating between overtly sexist comments (most likely to really piss the geniusses off) and support for the local albanian/lebanese farm owners nearby who are building a shelter for refugees, another great tug of war topic for the neighbours. Last christmas I told them I would roll a dice whenever I needed to "be someone" so picked options like "animal hating nazi" and "ricepaper chewing vegan lesbian" and that would be how I would be that day. They thought I was kidding but I really wasnt. Right now I think I am going to be an extreme right wing, asian hating vegetarian rastafarian buddhist with a sexual fetish for lizards for say, 5 hours? yeah, thats that then you slanty eyed meat murdering mindless fucknuts! Ooooo LOVE your scaly handbag, whats that?"

fuck left wing, right wing, centre, politics, people in general*. Idiots

* just to be clear I'm not interested in anything anyone has to say about politics, philosophy, ideals, religion or any other bollocks- I literally couldnt give a fuck, so I'm not posting this for a discussion per se, more to pass the time while my coffee brews.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2015 06:36 by SuperFlySwatter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds