October 09, 2023
2579 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2776 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

BAYONETTA Buzz

More
03 Dec 2009 16:04 #48947 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re:BAYONETTA Buzz
reviewers are notorious for carpet bombing games that are more style over substance. It's like they have 3-4 paragraphs WAITING to be put into action over that type of situation.

Whereas substance over style over gets flowers.

I'm really anxious to read reviews. is it a fighting game or just a 3-d action game?

I could be wrong about my reviewing analogy though cuz Viewtiful Joe got stellar reviews and, in my mind, there is the dictionary entry for style over substance (I know I'm in the minority on that one. Hopefully Ken isn't reading)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2009 16:07 #48949 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Re:BAYONETTA Buzz
I'm with you on VIEWTIFUL JOE...not impressed at all. Plus, I wanted to be Viewtiful Joe, not some scruffy guy with a soul patch and backwards baseball hat. That seriously ruined the game for me.

More
03 Dec 2009 16:12 #48952 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re:BAYONETTA Buzz
Watch the gameplay movie back on page 1, Black Barney: It's DEVIL MAY HAVE A HOT ASS, not a fighting game My question is whether it's 3-D platformer (a la GOD OF WAR, RATCHET & CLANK, PRINCE OF PERSIA: SANDS OF TIME, or 3-D beat-em-up like DEVIL MAY CRY. Consensus so far is the latter.

This game looks so insanely great. Not, as in, looks like it will be a great gameplay experience with tight controls; but rather it LOOKS GREAT. It LOOKS amazing. I want to show off my toy, and what better way to do that than put this sucker in? UNO on XBLA has great gameplay, but it's not going to make my friends want to get an XBox.

More
03 Dec 2009 16:18 #48955 by Black Barney
oh man, i hope it's a 3'D platformer more than the action one. But I doubt it, it looks like it's a beat-em-up. YUCK. What bad timing for Bayonetta cuz Dante's Inferno is the same gameplay except better and FAR MORE AMAZING STYLE.

And I hate her glasses. She should lose those and show us the clam.

omg

anyway, I can't wait to try the demo. If it's button-mashin', I'm gonna button-mash my XboXGuide button back to dashboard.

I don't think this is t5he game to show off your new toy. For that go with:

GTAIV, fire up Ballad of Gay Tony, take a gold buzzard up to maximum height over the city at NIGHT, put on your parachute and JUMP. Open the chute right away and enjoy 5-10 minutes of DROP DEAD GORGEOUS nighttime LC/NYC

Fallout 3 is pretty nice-lookin' too.

but yeah, bayonetta would be my 3rd choice for showing off your new toy

More
04 Dec 2009 11:11 #49027 by MattFantastic
Replied by MattFantastic on topic Re:BAYONETTA Buzz
How can you think Dante's Inferno is anything but the dumbest fucking idea ever?

It may very well be a fun game, but what the fuck... oh lets make an action game staring a 13th century poet?

More
04 Dec 2009 18:11 #49077 by Black Barney
matty, did you watch gameplay vids on Dante's Inferno yet? It's SO WELL EXECUTED. Like honestly, man, it really looks cool.

Bayonetta demo confused the fuck out of me. I mean what the hell? 2nd level was way better cuz of the weapon pickups. I liked the torture attack too.

way too button mashy for me tho

More
04 Dec 2009 19:34 #49081 by Stonecutter
Replied by Stonecutter on topic Re:BAYONETTA Buzz
Everyone's talking about Bayonetta, Daunte's Inferno and God of War 3, yet they're missing the best hack'n'slash game coming out Q1 2010

Darksiders:

www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-darksiders/59080

More
04 Dec 2009 20:53 #49082 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re:BAYONETTA Buzz
Is Devil May Cry a good representation of 3D action games? I played the demo for DMC3 and thought it was really boring and easy, even though I've heard the game is wicked hard. Also, it had really weird camera shifts as you went to each part of the map and movement felt too stiff and slick at the same time.

Maybe the demo just sucked?

More
05 Dec 2009 00:50 #49085 by MattFantastic
Replied by MattFantastic on topic Re:BAYONETTA Buzz
Black Barney wrote:

matty, did you watch gameplay vids on Dante's Inferno yet? It's SO WELL EXECUTED. Like honestly, man, it really looks cool.

Yeah, it looks pretty generic and DMCish. And totally fucking stupid that it's supposed to be Dante. It's the kind of thing you'd see as a parody on The Simpsons or something. It has to have been made on a dare.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds