October 09, 2023
2525 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2727 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Innsmouth Horror

More
24 Feb 2009 12:03 #22097 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re:Innsmouth Horror
I yanked my inserts and tossed them. I have everything in two boxes, and I'm pertty sure I still have room for Innsmouth.

I keep my cards in these card boxes.

http://astore.amazon.com/fortrameri-20/detail/B001A1TQTY

All the tokens are in small squarish rubbermaid type containers.

These business card holders that I purchased at Shellhead's suggestion don't fit in the boxes, but I use those for other games anyway.

http://astore.amazon.com/fortrameri-20/detail/B000093ING

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2009 01:04 #28019 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re:Innsmouth Horror
Once a year I get incredible excitement for a new game to come out. Last year it was Battlestar Galatica this year it's Innsmouth Horror. I think the corruption cards from Black Goat were the first step to adding some more depth to individual characters the stuff in this game should really add some depth.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=539

More
22 May 2009 13:23 #30270 by Thaadd

More
22 May 2009 14:38 #30274 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Re:Innsmouth Horror
Thaadd wrote:

new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp

....shipping now :D

Great!

More
22 May 2009 15:22 #30286 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re:Innsmouth Horror
Now I just have to wait for Tales of the Arabian Nights to come out. I wonder if I can hold out that long before getting Innsmouth?

More
22 May 2009 21:26 #30334 by bfkiller
Replied by bfkiller on topic Re:Innsmouth Horror
Rules are up: fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Arkha...rror/ah_ih_rules.pdf

Sounds great. I'll be getting it as soon as I see it.

More
26 May 2009 16:25 #30549 by Thaadd
Replied by Thaadd on topic Re:Innsmouth Horror
So one of the guys (Astronomer) starts with Find Gate spell - when we were playing, someone was using it to move to a gate, get sucked into Otherworld, immediately use their extra movement points to return with the spell in time for Arkham Encounter phase, and close and seal the gate.

It seemed a bit broken at the time. I asked about it, and got clarification. You do actually not get sucked through the gate until the Arkham Encounters phase.

If it's the Find Gate spell, they have to live through 1 turn inside the gate first.
After all, you don't get pulled through until Arkham Encounters.
So you can't cast it until the next Movement phase.

So... not to surprising for Arkham, we got a small rule wrong causing things to be a bit easier than they should be!

More
01 Jun 2009 19:03 #31079 by Thaadd
Replied by Thaadd on topic Zoe the Cook
So once in a while we slip in stuff to games (Thaadd the Destroyer, for instance) that add a bit of fun on our end of things.

If you have played Innsmouth, you may have seen the not so Sane, and quite scary Zoe the Cook character.

Photo inspiration (please do not upload to BGG, the originator of this is desperate for geek gold - however, the photo was just rejected for being '100% not relevant' something she is pretty grumpy about).

farm4.static.flickr.com/3621/3587021666_b3eff2825b.jpg

The key being, this is Zoe the Art Director starring as Zoe the Cook (although she does make some bitching guacamole)

She is in the habit of sending artists poses to give them a first basis of what she wants the images of a given piece of art to look like, and this time, she was the end product.

More
01 Jun 2009 20:14 #31083 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re:Zoe the Cook
Nice photo.

Innsmouth Rocks!! This adds some serious depth, fun and theme to a great game.

Here's a quick short story in my first game. We get 3 gates sealed fairly quickly so it looks like we're in good shape. Than Ursala Downs the explorer gets cursed. Then she realizes that she's in Innsmouth with no money. So she can get back to church to get uncursed. So Silas Marsh the sailor agrees to meet Ursula at the Gilman House Hotel where he'll pay her $3 for services and both of them can re-gain 1 point of sanity. Silas has his encounter at Gilman House. He has a dream that he has the Innsmouth Look but he wakes up to find out the Ursula was arrested for prostitution and thrown into the Innsmouth Jail.

The next turn Silas moves over to Sawbone Alley to break Ursula out of Jail. Ursula draws two Jail encounters. The first says she's Devoured by the shapeless masses the 2nd one says she escapes to Sawbone Alley but she has to draw 3 Look cards. Guess what. One of the them says she has the Look. So Ursula is Devoured and she turns into a Deep One ready to attack Silas in Sawbone Alley. Meanwhile, poor Silas has wasted 2 turns and $3.00 on Fish Girl. Great Stuff Baby!

More
01 Jun 2009 20:29 #31086 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:Zoe the Cook
I haven't read the rules to this yet, and been avoiding spoilers like the previews.
Does anything new happen in the mythos phase? I'm scared my flowchart is going to blowout.

More
01 Jun 2009 20:48 #31090 by KingPut
I don't think anything too weird happens in the Mythos deck. So the flow chart will work. Note: Most of the gates that open from Innsmouth are in Innsmouth which is cool.

The one thing that may need some flow charting is the Deep One Rising Chart. If a gate can't open because there is an Elder sign, you add an uprising token to the Deep One Rising chart. Also, if a monster goes into the Vortex it raises the terror level and you add one token to the Deep One Rising Chart.

More
01 Jun 2009 21:16 #31094 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:Zoe the Cook
KingPut wrote:

The one thing that may need some flow charting is the Deep One Rising Chart. If a gate can't open because there is an Elder sign, you add an uprising token to the Deep One Rising chart. Also, if a monster goes into the Vortex it raises the terror level and you add one token to the Deep One Rising Chart.

So new shit does happen in the mythos phase!
Sounds like I can add those changes to existing boxes without adding new boxes and arrows though, so maybe page 5 will survive.

More
02 Jun 2009 07:25 #31131 by KingPut
Mr Skeletor wrote:

KingPut wrote:

So new shit does happen in the mythos phase!
Sounds like I can add those changes to existing boxes without adding new boxes and arrows though, so maybe page 5 will survive.

Skeletor, I'm no programmer but you'll probably only need a couple of new boxes.

Location has an Elder Sign = Yes --> No Gate, No Doom Token but add a chit to Deep One Rising Chart. Page 5 is pretty cramped but maybe you fit this on the right side of page following the arrow for not a Gate Burst.

Than maybe add a Green Deep One Rising box filled on the top of the page = Yes -> The Ancient One Awakens.

More
02 Jun 2009 11:15 #31158 by Thaadd
Replied by Thaadd on topic Re:Zoe the Cook
Yep, if you open a gate (or try to) on a spot that has been sealed, you get a fishie token, advancing Innsmouth's own track. Which is, btw, a right pain to keep down.

I don't think reading the rules on this one spoils anything, but do NOT read the cards. I've only played two games, but after the first one, there was definite whining and shirking when it came to going up to Innsmouth, as SOMEONE was afraid of ending up as someone's main course.

More
02 Jun 2009 11:21 #31161 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Re:Zoe the Cook
Before martial law is declared in Innsmouth, it's best to send at least two investigators to Innsmouth if you go. Leave one at Falcon's Point while the other one mucks around offshore.

After martial law is declared in Innsmouth, don't go at all unless you are very sneaky or immune to arrest. Otherwise, you will end up dialing your movement down to one and periodically burning clue tokens just to stay out of the jail in Innsmouth. It's a deathtrap.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.729 seconds