October 09, 2023
2702 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2868 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Atlanta Gamefest Jan 9th-11th

More
05 Jan 2009 14:32 #16075 by Gary Sax
haha, nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2009 10:21 #16183 by Stephen Avery
Sorry- been tied up lately but I'm on it for gamefest.

So what games does everyone want to play/bring? I want to play something with tons of plastic and guns.

I just got a bunch of AT-43 stuff but so far I'm not too impressed. Great minis-bleah system. I do like how range is done but movement is s- l - o w. Also firefights are deadly and cover isn't that helpful. combine all that and you get a bunch of guys blasting each other from afar. Shoot the heavy hitters and hope oyu get them before they get you. Perhaps i'm missing something.

I digress. What's everyone jonsing for?

Steve"ready to get his game on"Avery

More
07 Jan 2009 11:36 #16194 by Schweig!
Death and Taxis wrote:

Grudunza wrote:

Wish I could go... I understand BGG legend Michael Barnes will be there...

Yes, and once you have played with BGG Legend Michael Barnes, gaming will never be the same I hear.

If you want to play a game with Michael Barnes, but are too shy to interact with the BGG Legend, then you might always offer a game of RACE FOR THE GALAXY to him.

More
07 Jan 2009 15:04 #16225 by moofrank
Sandi and I will definitely be there all day Saturday---and possibly Friday if I can get work stuff stabilized.

I will have the usual mix of Euro, Not-quite-Euro, AT, and WTF games.

More
07 Jan 2009 15:07 #16227 by Ken B.
moofrank wrote:

Sandi and I will definitely be there all day Saturday---and possibly Friday if I can get work stuff stabilized.

I will have the usual mix of Euro, Not-quite-Euro, AT, and WTF games.

"Fortress: WTF". I like it.

Anybody bringing Battlestar Galactica or should I take mine? I'm assuming we're more than covered on that one.

Frank promised to bring his Crokinole board.

I'd like to play Android but sounds like nobody digs it. Plus it would eat up a massive chunk of time we could be playing stuff everybody likes.

Screw it--six-man Quest for the Dragonlords + expansion. Tell Martin to BRING IT~!

More
07 Jan 2009 17:21 #16251 by Ken B.
So here's what I've got:

Barnes--Saturday
Aarontu--Saturday Afternoon 'til evening
Steve Avery--3:30 PM Friday, all day Saturday
Jeff Jarvis--Friday late, Saturday evening
Frank Branham--Saturday, *possibly* Friday
Me and my brother--Friday evening, all day Saturday

More
07 Jan 2009 18:35 #16262 by Michael Barnes
The nice thing is I'll play games with all those folks. Avery, Branham and I represent a mighty triumvirate of gaming power that can never be sundered. Unless Avery brings cruddy games. You'll also want to get Robert Martin (he lives!) on board for something, and probably our pals Dan Baden and Mark Zoghby. Good folks, all of 'em. I don't think Billy Motion is coming, he's sour like that.

Haven't seen Jarvis in a while, be warned that he's a sandbagger. You know, :I've never played this game before...oh look, I won!" Last time I saw him he won DUNGEON even though Kenyon and I failed to tell him the rules.

Aarontu- remember to look for the silver owl-helmet.

More
07 Jan 2009 19:18 #16265 by Space Ghost
I would lie if I said I wasn't a little jealous; however, the AT way dictates that I try to procure a massive order of silver owl helmets and have them delivered and handed out for free in Atlanta to cause mass confusion.

More
08 Jan 2009 00:04 #16275 by Aarontu
Awesome. Should be easy to spot, since it will clash with the latest chicken-hat fashion trend.

More
08 Jan 2009 10:35 #16293 by ChristopherMD
Have fun everybody! :cheer:

More
08 Jan 2009 10:38 #16294 by Stephen Avery
Come on up Mad Dog. We'll save you a spot at the Table of Shame(tm)

Steve"almost gaming"Avery

More
08 Jan 2009 11:28 #16302 by ChristopherMD
Stephen Avery wrote:

Come on up Mad Dog. We'll save you a spot at the Table of Shame (tm)

Are there any girls there? If there are I want to do them.

More
08 Jan 2009 11:41 #16303 by Michael Barnes
Umm...no, you probably don't.

AGF is weird...there's these girls that are almost like gamer groupies or something. You can tell they're kind of trying to dress up a little nicer than the sweatshirt and jeans they usually wear. It's like they go to Fashion Bug or whatever the night before and buy what they think is a "sexy" outfit (which actually turns out to be pretty homely) and wear it to the gaming. I'm not kidding. And the body types tend to be either birdlike or cowlike.

I guess they're trying to find a gamer man or something. Too bad they're more interested in Power Grid.

More
08 Jan 2009 12:58 #16308 by Space Ghost
Michael Barnes wrote:

Umm...no, you probably don't.

AGF is weird...there's these girls that are almost like gamer groupies or something. You can tell they're kind of trying to dress up a little nicer than the sweatshirt and jeans they usually wear. It's like they go to Fashion Bug or whatever the night before and buy what they think is a "sexy" outfit (which actually turns out to be pretty homely) and wear it to the gaming. I'm not kidding. And the body types tend to be either birdlike or cowlike.

I guess they're trying to find a gamer man or something. Too bad they're more interested in Power Grid.

I am usually able to figure out how much of the stuff on this sight is hyperbole/bullshit. The one area that I can never gauge is the discussion of "gamer fashion". I start out thinking it is bullshit, but after a few minutes it starts to seem plausible. You guys have woven a dark, mythical world -- I find it quite humerous.

More
08 Jan 2009 13:06 #16309 by Michael Barnes
There is truth behind every myth, Space Ghost. I only report back what I see when I go to these things.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds