October 09, 2023
2805 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2947 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

ConnCon March 2011, Stamford CT

More
16 Mar 2011 13:52 #90948 by ubarose
Okay, here's my new list (I have to keep it together or I'll forget something)

Games I will bring:

Merchants & Marauders
Mansions of Madness (mine and KingPut's copies)
Defenders of the Realm (with Dragon expansion)
Arkham Horror (with all expansions)
Moongha Invaders
Tales of the Arabian Nights (with adventure variant)
Liebe and Intrigue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2011 20:02 #90997 by MarkCsigs
Hey all, we've had our best board game preregistration ever! So good, that we find ourselves scrambling to ease overcrowding on some of our scheduled games. If you own a copy of Dominant Species, Alien Frontiers, The Adventurers, Defenders of the Realm or Runewars and would be willing to teach (or at least loan it out) we're looking for some extra help! There is some (small) compensation for volunteering so you'd definitely qualify for that.

We're also looking for extra volunteers who can teach Arkham Horror, BSG and Agricola but we should be able to provide an extra copy of those games.

If you're able and willing to help out contact me through PM here or on BGG. Thanks!

More
17 Mar 2011 10:23 #91033 by MattFantastic
Bout to go collect Mr Avery and get up to trouble, so if you are staying with me or need me sometime over the con, you'll have to give me a call. 203.524.5756

More
17 Mar 2011 10:54 #91035 by ubarose
HELP needed

I've volunteered to help Arkham Horror Friday at 11:30pm.

I need a set of Permanent Disability cards. If anyone has a set that I can borrow Friday night, please let me know.

The Man is planning a game of Arkham with an expansion (or two) for experienced players at 11:30pm on Friday to take in "overflow" pre-regs that aren't n00bs and who want to try an expansion. We don't know how many pre-regs will take us up on this offer, but we may need a couple bodies to fill out the table. If you are interested in 'flying standby' for this game (I'm looking at you KingPut and DaveRoswell) please touch base with me. Last time we ran an advanced Arkham game at ConnCon, everyone who participated really had a great time.

More
17 Mar 2011 11:30 #91042 by daveroswell
ubarose wrote:

HELP needed

I've volunteered to help Arkham Horror Friday at 11:30pm.

I need a set of Permanent Disability cards. If anyone has a set that I can borrow Friday night, please let me know.

The Man is planning a game of Arkham with an expansion (or two) for experienced players at 11:30pm on Friday to take in "overflow" pre-regs that aren't n00bs and who want to try an expansion. We don't know how many pre-regs will take us up on this offer, but we may need a couple bodies to fill out the table. If you are interested in 'flying standby' for this game (I'm looking at you KingPut and DaveRoswell) please touch base with me. Last time we ran an advanced Arkham game at ConnCon, everyone who participated really had a great time.

Uba,

I don't know about being an "advanced user", but playing Arkham with an expansion would be perfectly fine with me. First, I have to actually get to Stamford. I remember that last time I drove through Conneticut the roads were like the shrubbery maze in the Shining. I'm trying to find a less confusing way to get to the hotel. If anyone (especially those coming from NY) can help, let me know.

More
17 Mar 2011 11:47 #91045 by MattFantastic
The hotel is like a block from I95, if you fuck it up, you lose.

More
17 Mar 2011 12:13 - 17 Mar 2011 12:14 #91048 by ubarose
daveroswell wrote:

Uba,

I don't know about being an "advanced user", but playing Arkham with an expansion would be perfectly fine with me.

Thanks Dave.

By advanced, I mean players who don't need much more than a quick refresher on the sliders and combat, plus the expansion rules. As long as someone else is handling the book keeping, playing an Arkham Horror investigator is like riding a bike. A little wobbly the first turn, but then it just all comes back to you.

So anyway, I'll put you on the reserve list. Just meet us over at the tables at 11:30, and we'll see how the pre-regs sort themselves out.
Last edit: 17 Mar 2011 12:14 by ubarose.

More
17 Mar 2011 12:56 #91054 by Bernie
I can do with a spot of advanced Arkham if you still need bodies.

More
17 Mar 2011 13:44 #91057 by daveroswell
MattLoter wrote:

The hotel is like a block from I95, if you fuck it up, you lose.

The last time I tried taking the Hutch, I ended up in God knows where. I think the town of God knows where is in Jersey, but I'm not sure.

More
17 Mar 2011 21:55 #91115 by Stephen Avery
So we rolled in around 1:00. After playing Merchants and MAruaders, I discovered I am the sickiest pirate ever but can suck down cheap rum like a baby nursing on sweet mothers milk. Othergames included Richards spy proto, intrtigue and Nostra City. "Wassamater you! hey ! Fagetaboutit!"

Besides sucking down a 1/2 a bottle of cheap rum we also ran out for Thai food. That is a brutal combination...

Steve"Best Pirate Evah!"Avery

More
17 Mar 2011 22:16 #91117 by flim_flam
Dammit, stop posting about your fun. I have to go to work in the morning before I can head over.

Of course you had Thai food. As far as I can tell that is all Loter eats.

More
18 Mar 2011 00:07 #91126 by billyz
Mmmm... is there any good Thai spots in Connecticut?

Dammit! This has me looking forward to June!!

More
19 Mar 2011 01:59 #91214 by Stephen Avery
Day 2:

Rum gone. Other provisions ok. Must sleep. the gaming continues even though I am past the point of exhaustion. I and other F:ATie surviors persevere to play games thought the night. Though I am past the point of exhaustion, others continue to play games through the evening. I hope canniblilism does not ensue. Must marshal my strength for the upcoming day.

Steve"Survior"Avery

More
19 Mar 2011 09:24 #91226 by KingPut
Me, Malloc and the Spawn arrived 3:00 PM Friday.

We dusted Malloc, the Judge in 2 games of Buffy with Lotter Buffy, Spawn Willow and me Zanders and Oz. Than Malloc decided to take an easier bad guy and went as the Master and beat Lotter Buffy, Spawn Willow and me Zanders and Flim-Flam Oz.

Then me and the Spaw on side of good crushed the evil Malloc and Octavian in Star Wars epic duels.

By that point we had gathered up 6 players for a game of Ti3 (Malloc, me, Flim-Flam, Matt Lotter, Octavian and Bob). Malloc pulled out a 9 - 7 victory over me in record time, 5 1/2 hours.

Ended the night by playing "Fuck This" or some other wacky Uba card game with 6 - 8 tired drunks.

Good times.

More
20 Mar 2011 09:42 #91279 by KingPut
One game I forgot about Friday was War on Terror: BGG Admin vs. F:AT. F:AT won a decisive victory. Photo of BGG Admin vs F:AT .

Saturday's game list: Shadow Hunters, M&M, Washingtons War, BSG with the new Exodus expansion (now a must buy for me) and Mansions of Madness (I thought Madness was excellent).

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds