October 09, 2023
2220 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2440 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Star Wars: Rogue One

More
07 Apr 2016 12:12 - 07 Apr 2016 12:15 #225487 by Grudunza
Replied by Grudunza on topic Star Wars: Rogue One

bfkiller wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote: ...it still looks 100% like Star Wars.

Agreed. I expected this to be a bigger departure than it looks to be, which makes me glad. Star Wars should be Star Wars-y.

Right. Same feeling here. Loving the look and tone of this! A war/heist Star Wars movie. So cool.

The very very beginning premise felt a little unoriginal... A delinquent person is brought in and read their list of crimes, but then hired to do a job because of those crimes. We just had that with Ant Man, for example. But then very quickly I was like, so what. This looks awesome.

"It's a Rebellion. I rebel." Great line.

Barney, I'm not a big Forest Whitaker fan... Sometimes he acts in a way that is too "affected" or whatever. But I really like his tone and delivery in this trailer.

Can't wait to see a glimpse of Darth, probably in the final trailer in a few months.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2016 12:15 by Grudunza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2016 13:06 #225490 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Star Wars: Rogue One
it would be classy as balls if they left out Vader out of the trailers completely. Let that be a special thing for people that go see the movie for the first time.

More
07 Apr 2016 13:09 - 07 Apr 2016 13:29 #225491 by Ska_baron
Replied by Ska_baron on topic Star Wars: Rogue One

Black Barney wrote: classy as balls

You guys, this is why folks keep on coming back here. #oristhatjustme

And this trailer had me with her rebel quote but the AT-ATs on a beach was SO GOOD.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2016 13:29 by Ska_baron. Reason: to actually talk about SW

More
07 Apr 2016 13:13 #225492 by Grudunza

Black Barney wrote: it would be classy as balls if they left out Vader out of the trailers completely. Let that be a special thing for people that go see the movie for the first time.

Could be, like with Luke and TFA. However, there ended up being a thematic reason to do that with Luke. In this case, knowing that Vader will be a part of the film, and trying to draw in as many people as possible, I think they're going to want to include him in the final trailer. Probably only briefly, and possibly just his breathing or something. But remember that TFA had Han and Chewie and Leia in the trailers to kind of hook audiences to the wider series connection. I doubt a huge percentage of people would see the Rogue One trailer and even recognize Mon Mothma. My prediction is that Vader will be used in a trailer somehow.

More
07 Apr 2016 13:36 #225493 by Columbob
Replied by Columbob on topic Star Wars: Rogue One

Ska_baron wrote: but the AT-ATs on a beach was SO GOOD.

ALL-TERRAIN
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433

More
07 Apr 2016 13:49 #225496 by Black Barney
Grud, I will predict that Vader will only be used in trailers AFTER the film's release. He has nothing to do with the story of Rogue One and should be used just as a fun thing (like the Falcon in the prequels). If they had his breathing in a trailer, it hints a major role which is dumb. Han and Leia are in the TFA trailers because they are major characters in the film.

People that don't recognize Mon Mothma don't deserve to see this film :)

More
07 Apr 2016 14:19 - 07 Apr 2016 14:36 #225498 by Grudunza

Black Barney wrote: He has nothing to do with the story of Rogue One...

Do you know that, though? I've heard different things about the amount of Vader's involvement. Likely, he'll be in at least one significant scene and have some impact, but maybe not be a major player. You're right that too much of a reveal of him in a trailer might imply more of his involvement. But I can see it working where the final trailer still emphasizes everyone new (or characters like Mon Mothma like they did), but there's also a part where we see Vader force choking someone, or something like that. Only briefly, but very noticeable and impactful, in a way that says he's not a major player, but he is in this movie.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2016 14:36 by Grudunza.

More
07 Apr 2016 14:27 #225500 by boothwah
Replied by boothwah on topic Star Wars: Rogue One

Grudunza wrote:

Do you know that, though? I've heard different things about the amount of Vader's involvement. Likely, he'll be in one scene and have some impact, but not be a major player. You're right that too much of a reveal of him in a trailer might imply more of his involvement. But I can see it working where the final trailer still emphasizes everyone new (or characters like Mon Mothma like they did), but there's also a part where we see Vader force choking someone, or something like that. Only briefly, but very noticeable and impactful, in a way that says he's not a major player, but he is in this movie.

I think it would be better if he was just seen randomly force choking people in the background during construction. Like four or five times while the camera is focusing on the rebel heist in the foreground. No dialogue. Just random force chokings.

More
07 Apr 2016 14:28 - 07 Apr 2016 14:35 #225501 by Grudunza
Actually, this could be Vader... I didn't think so at first, because the shape of the head doesn't look quite right. Could be the Emperor, too, but it almost looks like that person is kneeling or bowing, which would be a very Vadery thing to do towards the Emperor. Or, it could be someone else, entirely.

Btw, here's one article describing Vader's involvement to be bigger than previously thought: moviepilot.com/posts/3756554
Last edit: 07 Apr 2016 14:35 by Grudunza.

More
07 Apr 2016 15:00 #225503 by Space Ghost
Replied by Space Ghost on topic Star Wars: Rogue One

boothwah wrote:

Grudunza wrote:

Do you know that, though? I've heard different things about the amount of Vader's involvement. Likely, he'll be in one scene and have some impact, but not be a major player. You're right that too much of a reveal of him in a trailer might imply more of his involvement. But I can see it working where the final trailer still emphasizes everyone new (or characters like Mon Mothma like they did), but there's also a part where we see Vader force choking someone, or something like that. Only briefly, but very noticeable and impactful, in a way that says he's not a major player, but he is in this movie.

I think it would be better if he was just seen randomly force choking people in the background during construction. Like four or five times while the camera is focusing on the rebel heist in the foreground. No dialogue. Just random force chokings.

Because the contractors aren't meeting their deadlines....

Tile not done in the Emperor's Bathroom -- force choke.
Light switch plates installed crooked -- force choke.
Bridge rail not up to snuff -- force choke.
Mud not up on the dry wall -- force choke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Cranberries, Msample, Columbob, boothwah

More
07 Apr 2016 15:08 #225505 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Star Wars: Rogue One
I think Vader should take off his helmet and pretend to be David the Oscillator Technician.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, boothwah

More
07 Apr 2016 15:17 #225506 by Black Barney
I want to see Vader in the cafeteria ordering penne arrabiatta
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b., Gregarius

More
07 Apr 2016 15:33 #225508 by Columbob
Replied by Columbob on topic Star Wars: Rogue One

Black Barney wrote: I want to see Vader in the cafeteria ordering penne arrabiatta

Or maybe dagoban bog snake or something else less...italian and more in-tune with that faraway galaxy.

More
07 Apr 2016 15:42 #225510 by Black Barney
nono, penne arrabiatta

More
07 Apr 2016 15:42 #225511 by boothwah
Replied by boothwah on topic Star Wars: Rogue One
I think the pasta is fine, then he could force choke the cook when it isn't al dente.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Space Ghost, Black Barney

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.585 seconds