October 09, 2023
2532 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2731 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

The Walking Dead TV

More
24 Aug 2010 16:27 - 07 Dec 2010 21:58 #72191 by Dr. Mabuse
[url=http://]http://www.avclub.com/articles/amc-debuts-trailer-for-the-walking-dead-sets-premi,44509/[/url]

Even though I'm sick-up and fed with the genre, I'm looking forward to this. I love the comics.
Last edit: 07 Dec 2010 21:58 by ChristopherMD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2010 16:44 #72194 by OldHippy
Hey, me too. I love that series. I don't mind invincile either. Kirkman is o.k. in my book and I may actually try to watch them as they are released (unlike the usual wait for a whole season and download thing I usually do). I can't watch the trailer at work (and probably shouldn't even post about it eh??) but thanks for the link.

Although how zombies are going to sell when it's vampire season I'll never know.

More
24 Aug 2010 16:49 #72196 by Black Barney
JonJacob wrote:

Although how zombies are going to sell when it's vampire season I'll never know.

Yeah, who the hell knows. But count me in for Team Fleshy

More
24 Aug 2010 17:00 #72197 by Space Ghost
Well, I am on Team Brains!!!!

More
24 Aug 2010 17:06 #72198 by Pat II
No kidding. I was never the biggest Vampire fan and now I'm just so tired of the douchification of them altogether.

Send more paramedics!

More
24 Aug 2010 17:10 #72199 by Space Ghost
The zombies on Team Brains!!!! are quite sophisticated. In fact, we eat our brains with a knife and fork. Hopefully Stephanie Myers is writing the series....I would like to see some zombie romance, maybe even a zombie love triangle between a human, zombie, and revenant.

The overload of zombies is complete. I swear if I see another "How to survive the Zombie Apocalypse" guide at B&N, I am going to shoot myself.

More
24 Aug 2010 17:21 #72200 by Pat II
Frankenstein is getting the short end of the stick these days. I think I'll write up a novella on how Earth gets invaded by space Frankenstein’s who can somehow breed with Sasquatch. The offspring start up unions and private school boards...speaking no discernable language.

More
24 Aug 2010 17:37 - 24 Aug 2010 17:39 #72202 by jay718
Pat II wrote:

Frankenstein is getting the short end of the stick these days. I think I'll write up a novella on how Earth gets invaded by space Frankenstein’s who can somehow breed with Sasquatch. The offspring start up unions and private school boards...speaking no discernable language.

Not true Pat, check out this trailer.

Whoops.

www.hulu.com/watch/107500/saturday-night...ital-short-firelight
Last edit: 24 Aug 2010 17:39 by jay718.

More
24 Aug 2010 17:53 #72203 by Dr. Mabuse
jay718 wrote:

Pat II wrote:

Not true Pat, check out this trailer.

Whoops.

www.hulu.com/watch/107500/saturday-night...ital-short-firelight

I don't think we can view hulu in Canada.

Fucking hulu...or Canada. Fuck.

More
24 Aug 2010 17:58 #72205 by OldHippy
Pat II wrote:

Send more paramedics!

My favorite zombie movie of all time.

More
24 Aug 2010 17:59 #72206 by ChristopherMD
Looks pretty bad. Don't know why they'd pick such a wooden actor to lead a horror series. In the comic Rick is clearly scared when shit goes down, but that guy doesn't emote at all. Overall I didn't get any kind of "the world as we know it has ended" vibe from the trailer. That could have been due to the poor choice of music though. I think I'll skip the premiere and wait to see reviews/opinions of the finished season.

More
24 Aug 2010 19:11 #72212 by Ancient_of_MuMu
To get past the whole vampire/zombie thing, I am thinking of writing a new fantasy series about the long running hidden war between Minotaurs and Gorgons. Add in a bit of cow-man on snake-lady action and it will be a sure-fire hit.

Yep you heard it here first. Gorgons are the new vampires.

More
24 Aug 2010 19:21 #72214 by Josh Look
Fuck the new vampire bullshit. Seriously, all of it. I'm not impressed. Anyone who wasn't into Buffy ought to write Joss Whedon a letter of apology now that we've seen the fucking SHITSTORM of Twilight, Vampire Diaries and True Blood.

But The Walking Dead...I'm impressed. I CAN. NOT. WAIT to see this.

More
24 Aug 2010 21:24 #72222 by Mr. White
Browncoat wrote:

Fuck the new vampire bullshit. Seriously, all of it. I'm not impressed. Anyone who wasn't into Buffy ought to write Joss Whedon a letter of apology now that we've seen the fucking SHITSTORM of Twilight, Vampire Diaries and True Blood.

But The Walking Dead...I'm impressed. I CAN. NOT. WAIT to see this.

I'd argue that we have Twilight BECAUSE of things like Buffy...

As far as the WD...I lost interested early on in the graphic novels, and don't recall much so I have no feelings on whether this sticks to the source material or not. I'm also not sure what this will bring to the zombie genre that's really all that exciting or different. Look like a normal Romero zombie scenario to me, except we get this in seasons instead of one 2 hour block. If I recall though, that was the point of the comic. Kind of a 'what if the movie never ended' So, again, doesn't look like anything 'new' to me just 'more'.

More
24 Aug 2010 21:53 #72223 by OldHippy
Well, Jack, I don't know how far you got but it's not new, it's not high art, it's not revolutionary.. but it is good serial fun. If your into that kind of thing. At least in the comic anyway. Kirkman, even at his best, brings nothing new to the table, but he can write a decent yarn and has a good sense of characterization.

Well, wait a minute. I don't recall seeing a whole family slowly deal with this and grow as characters in this weird world over such a long period of time. It does give you a sense of what the long term might be like... you don't/can't really get that in a two hour flick. In that sense it's kind of novel... but I'm not sure that this equates to "bringing something new to the table" or not.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds