October 09, 2023
2662 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2842 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

The Walking Dead TV

More
06 Dec 2010 18:23 #81343 by Gary Sax
I do want to read the comic though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2010 18:50 #81344 by username
I can't believe people are still watching this.

Go netlfix the latest Romero crapola it's just as good.

I watched the romero with the fueding families a while back and it was a hell of a lot more entertaining than Walking Dead was before I quit watching.

From what I read of the latest episodes: Why did they bother to get the Walking Dead license at all? Seems like a wasted expense in licensing fees since they really didn't do anything but copy the names and beginning. (which was already seen in 28 days later regardless of if it was in the comics first or not)

More
06 Dec 2010 22:58 #81355 by Green Lantern
I will humbly disagree with the haters and recommend this show. I didn't find anything forced and enjoyed the rising tension from one episode to the next.

The grenade had been established in the first episode, Barnes. I think that disqualifies it as deus ex machina. Oh, and the guy threatening the CDC doctor was never established as a critical thinker. Besides, in his situation I have no doubt I would have behaved in exactly the same manner. Time was ticking away. There was no time to discuss the situation over tea and crumpets.

More
07 Dec 2010 21:57 #81434 by ChristopherMD
Overall I enjoyed the whole season and the show has reached water-cooler status at work so I'm definitely in for the second.

I kept wondering what happened to that grenade Rick took.

More
07 Dec 2010 22:29 #81437 by Mr Skeletor
Crap last episode.
Its worst sin was that it didn't feel like a season finale. No season arcs were resolved. No big cliffhanger. No build up event. Nothing.
There was no indication this was anything other than a standard episode. If I wasn't told otherwise I would have tuned in next week oblivious that the series had ended.

More
09 Dec 2010 16:25 - 09 Dec 2010 16:26 #81629 by Gary Sax
I had stopped watching at ep 2 (I just don't do appointment TV and my tivo left with my ex-wife) but saw these were on demand on Comcast.

Mostly it was decent. I think it was more disappointing than anything else because there was a lot of the technical stuff that was right there but it was let down by all the organic stuff---writing, pacing and directing specifically. I'm glad to hear that all the writers have been fired. Good idea. Gives me some hope for the next season, though if it's anything like this season it's a decent watch but frustrating because of the unfulfilled potential.

But holy shit does the last episode suck. Sooooo badly. So many things wrong with it. Taking the mystery out of the zombie thing with scientific jargon. The "bad" scientist who clearly was going to be a problem/villian. The absolutely completely out of place "the building is on a timer to blow up!" ending. Are you fucking kidding me? In a show like this you're going to bring in the flying car sci fi bullshit, the FUCKING TALKING COMPUTER? I'm going to pretend the last ep didn't happen and keep my lukewarm positivity about the show.
Last edit: 09 Dec 2010 16:26 by Gary Sax.

More
26 Dec 2010 17:34 #83030 by Black Barney
yeah that last episode was no good compared to the rest. Is TS-19 the most recent episode? I just bought the season and want to make sure i'm up to speed.

I'm guessing that Merrill is gonna catch back up with them at some point? I figured he'd follow the note on the red car but after TS-19 episode, I guess that can't happen. I wonder where they plan on going now, that military fort than Shane wants to go to?

I wonder what the scientist whispered to Rick...

but yeah the wife and I are hooked. We like it.

More
26 Dec 2010 21:49 #83035 by stormseeker75
You've got good taste, Barney. I enjoyed it quite a bit as well.

More
27 Dec 2010 12:54 #83052 by Black Barney
hey are there only 6 episodes in the first season? I just read something that TS-19 was the season finale (it would make some sense since the ending was a big blast and there was music playing). Is that really it?

that would make me sad :(

More
27 Dec 2010 14:28 #83053 by Octavian
Yeah, short first season probably due to the high production cost of the show. amc wanted to make sure it was a hit before green lighting more episodes. Since it was, season 2 will be a full 13.

More
28 Dec 2010 00:50 #83081 by Black Barney
gah! I paid like 18 bucks for the first season. Did I overpay?

What a great series tho. I'll definately try out the 2nd season.

More
31 Oct 2011 23:42 #106844 by Dr. Mabuse
A year late to the party but my wife and I finally saw the first season on Netflix.

Not much to add. I thought it was okay, my wife enjoyed more than I do.

The racial this was interesting for 1/2 a second but I'll tell you no black man would give two shits about the life of some racist especially after having just getting the shit beat out of him. That dude looked like a simpering fool.

The sister thing dragged on too fucking long.

That last episode was a time-wasting turd.

My biggest gripe is that there just doesn't seem to be an impetus to move the story along.

I dunno overall I thought it was okay.

See my comments for Season 2 next year at this time, cuz I'm in no rush to buy this series at all.

More
01 Nov 2011 00:47 #106846 by ufe
Replied by ufe on topic Re:The Walking Dead TV trailer
That last ep in season 1 was shit.

Season 2 is pretty damned slow moving so far. I'm not sure if it's the actors, the writing, or both but this show is boring as hell. I'll hold out for another episode or two because I WANT so bad for this to be good, but damn...

More
01 Nov 2011 03:33 #106855 by Black Barney
i liked Season 1 a bunch except for last episode. I bought season 2 and only watched the first one so far. Not a great start :(

More
01 Nov 2011 03:53 - 01 Nov 2011 03:56 #106857 by Grudunza
I actually like the pacing better this season... there's something about it that feels more tense, because it's more slowly paced, so the action parts are more effective and the character development is better. I like that the girl is still lost, two full episodes later, so you get more of a feel for her absence and the effect on her mother. (It's funny that now with Frank Darabont gone, this show has more of the feel of his movies than it did last season.) I thought the episode last night was quite good, in particular.
Last edit: 01 Nov 2011 03:56 by Grudunza.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds