October 09, 2023
2551 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2748 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Hey, remember that guy Black Barney?

More
14 May 2012 15:53 #125523 by stormseeker75
Maybe Quebec has finally succeeded in their independence attempts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2012 16:23 #125528 by Dogmatix

stormseeker75 wrote: Maybe Quebec has finally succeeded in their independence attempts.

Far as I can tell, the Quebecois are FAR too busy pouring their efforts into savaging the Canadiens organization for finishing last in the Eastern Conference this season. All other causes appear to be on the back-burner until next year...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

More
14 May 2012 16:33 - 14 May 2012 17:03 #125529 by Mr. White

Dair wrote: And Barney, if you are reading this and are sore about John Carter stuff, come on back.

Yeah, up til the end I thought he was enjoying the John Carter riff. He seemed to 'thumb' those of us defending JC and when we stopped talking about his opinion he chimed in asking for discussion to be directed back at him.

Anyway. I thought he was a fun guy and hope to see him back, but can't totally say I blame him. There's been a time or two I've wanted to leave myself.
Last edit: 14 May 2012 17:03 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dogmatix

More
14 May 2012 16:53 #125533 by Hatchling

Jeff White wrote: There's been a time or two I've wanted to leave myself.

Same here. But just when I'm about to cut loose, some happy drunk posts something and in one stroke wipes away all my petty grievances.

More
14 May 2012 16:58 #125537 by TheDukester

Jeff White wrote: There's been a time or two I've wanted to leave myself.

More than a few of us have taken an F:AT break in the past. A week, a few weeks, even a few months.

There's times that it just gets too intense here. Stepping away is a good solution for many of us.

More
14 May 2012 19:16 #125564 by Columbob

stormseeker75 wrote: Maybe Quebec has finally succeeded in their independence attempts.

Some mornings when we can't even see Ontario across the river because of a huge bank of fog or mist, I fantasize that we conjured some spell to physically break away from the ROC. It's really pretty eerie.

More
15 May 2012 02:02 #125598 by billyz

Columbob wrote:

Ken B. wrote: And yes, I hope Pat will be back too.

I guess with BillyZ also AWOL, now there's nobody to fly the flag for Montreal anymore.

I'm not awol- I'm just taking a breather: life has kicked me in the nuts right fucking hard and I'm still waiting on those bastards to drop.

More
15 May 2012 02:43 #125607 by ubarose

billyz wrote:

Columbob wrote:

Ken B. wrote: And yes, I hope Pat will be back too.

I guess with BillyZ also AWOL, now there's nobody to fly the flag for Montreal anymore.

I'm not awol- I'm just taking a breather: life has kicked me in the nuts right fucking hard and I'm still waiting on those bastards to drop.

I've heard that destroying a bucket of hummus helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattFantastic

More
15 May 2012 03:03 #125608 by Ryan B.
Hey, regarding Black Barney-- can't someone just e-mail him and tell him to come on back? What the heck happened with this John Carter thing anyway?

More
15 May 2012 03:22 #125611 by Ancient_of_MuMu

Ryan B. wrote: Hey, regarding Black Barney-- can't someone just e-mail him and tell him to come on back? What the heck happened with this John Carter thing anyway?

Nothing really. he said it was a movie for stupid people based on the trailer, and a few people told him he was full of shit and should see the film before passing judgement. It didn't seem particularly nasty at the time, given the myriad of other freak out threads, so to find out he left because of that is a surprise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryan B.

More
15 May 2012 04:02 #125616 by Ken B.

ubarose wrote:

How much does it cost to fuck Billy "Bo Further" Z?

A bucket of WHOLEM PICKLES

More
15 May 2012 08:41 #125629 by billyz

Ken B. wrote:

ubarose wrote:

How much does it cost to fuck Billy "Bo Further" Z?

A bucket of WHOLEM PICKLES

I loves me some pickles- LOTS!!! I'll be honest here and straight say that the recent foray by Steve Weeks totally limped my noodle. What was even worse was that people were still posting on his threads- which really boggled my fucking mind since I honestly believe that Steve thinks he can post whatever the fuck he wants on the internet without any regard for social niceties, or personal integrity.

In short the man is a douchebag. Whatever his agenda is, fuck him. I was done with him 2 years ago, and if I ever meet him at any con I will politely ask him to leave me alone and walk away- there'll be no letting bygones be bygones. If he doesn't I would greatly appreciate all of you throwing in for some bail money because I just may beat the ever loving shit out of that man- his online persona is everything I despise about human beings, and I can't possibly fathom him being any better in person. It actually made me sad that I couldn't put my hands on that man and make him sorry for everything he's ever said and done on this site.

Hmmm... well it felt fucking good getting THAT off my chest. Who's got the hummus? I'll settle for a box of tacos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattFantastic, Josh Look, Bernie

More
15 May 2012 14:10 #125643 by SuperflyPete
I'll bail you out, Billy, my dime.

And please read the Richard Simmons Day post by our good friend Scissors, because not only should we all change our avatars to Richard Simmons to coax Barney back, we should also have Look and Loter, our official F:AT Boys, sing Barney Come Back on the next FATCast (lyrics in the thread)

And as an aside, there is something I wanted to point out: Weeks' posts in and of themselves weren't what made him a douche. It was the fact that he has the insidious ability to make people turn on one another and act just a little more shitty on the 'net than they might otherwise. He's like the ultimate gateway drug if you're looking to get addicted to douchbaggery.

More
15 May 2012 14:51 - 15 May 2012 14:52 #125650 by Ryan B.
Well, after the first F:AT banning I thought after a time Weeks deserved a second chance. The second time around, I saw his hi-jinks as exactly that--hijinks-- because I knew anyone would have to be crazy to take him seriously. And I admit it was kind of entertaining for awhile anyway, when it was (sorta) in good fun.

Steve has this amazing capacity, however, to go nuclear when something sticks in his craw. Firing off missives that went far beyond the usual hijinks, made me realize I was wrong about his impact here. I'm wearily glad he is gone.

So Steve had his second chance, he's expended it and I doubt he gets another one. It funny how so many people that are normally against "bans", support this one. For that to happen, you really have to be doing something wrong.

Seriously, this guy was still dredging up Rick Thornquist, four full years after the man retired from writing on BGN. Still don't get it. Who does that?
Last edit: 15 May 2012 14:52 by Ryan B..

More
15 May 2012 18:29 #125723 by Black Barney
Hey, just wanted to thank Barnes and everyone for noticing and saying such incredible nice things (Ken put a bunch of this in an e-mail and I almost couldn't not come back simply because of this collection of kind words). Also for not noticing that Metalface had disappeared for a while too, that makes it all the sweeter.

It's sort of like reading obituaries about yourself or attending your own funeral and hearing what people have to say. Very humbling. Remember when Jackie speaks at the funeral for his best friend, Michael Sullivan in NED DEVINE?

Michael O'Sullivan was my great friend. But I don't ever remember telling him that. The words that are spoken at a funeral are spoken too late for the man who is dead. What a wonderful thing it would be to visit your own funeral. To sit at the front and hear what was said, maybe say a few things yourself. Michael and I grew old together. But at times, when we laughed, we grew young. If he was here now, if he could hear what I say, I'd congratulate him on being a great man, and thank him for being a friend.

Thanks again, all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds