October 09, 2023
2773 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2924 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

ZOMBIE STATE (fka BGG > F:AT)

More
08 May 2010 14:35 - 08 May 2010 15:00 #62347 by DeletedUser
Replied by DeletedUser on topic Re:BGG > FAT?
People getting offended by a few swear words, insults and derogatory comments...?

That's it. The circle is now complete. F:At has jumped the shark.

Seriously.

Nice lecture mjl. Ending with the "it doesn't matter to me what words you use to insult people" caveat is always a nice touch. It's kind of like you don't want to admit when you have been offended for fear of being ridiculed for it. Let those who were truly offended speak for themselves. If they need a spokes-person to defend their sensibilities, then they're on the wrong site.

Or maybe they're on the right site now.
Last edit: 08 May 2010 15:00 by DeletedUser. Reason: removed the rant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2010 15:54 #62351 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Re:BGG > FAT?
MjL - have to say that you're gone a bit politically-correct rabid here, I didn't see anything nasty in how he was saying what he was - probably not to everyone's taste but nothing hateful to those groups.
If everyone went off the deep end whenever they saw some comments on this site that 'made fun of'/demeaned/mocked/'distastefully compared' something they had a strong opinion/feeling for then this site would fall into an absolute shit-storm shambles AND we would be forced into doing BGG-style banning here to keep it worthwhile for the adminsitrators to spend their time running the place.
I went off the handle against Steve Weeks last year when he started trashing the place as he got my testosterone way up, but I saw after that it didn't help the situation.

More
08 May 2010 16:19 - 08 May 2010 16:22 #62353 by moss_icon
Replied by moss_icon on topic Re:BGG > FAT?
people can write shit like that, and i'll defend their right to do so. at the same time i will also defend my right to call them a try-hard cunt, and superflynt is precisely that.

the posts smack of deliberate attempts to be edgy and 'offensive'. pathetic. absolutely pathetic. an utter lack of humour, grit, or smarts, there is intelligent offensive humour (see: chris morris), and there is the juvenile and moronic. it's pretty clear which variety we're seeing here.
Last edit: 08 May 2010 16:22 by moss_icon.

More
08 May 2010 16:24 #62354 by DeletedUser
Yeah, mj should have just called him a try-hard cunt - I would've been ok with that. The passive-aggressive wall of text trying to explain why something might be offensive or not gives me the shits.

More
08 May 2010 16:25 #62355 by Bullwinkle
Replied by Bullwinkle on topic Re:BGG > FAT?
Did you cocksucking sons of syphilitic whores not notice I locked this thread back on page 1?

More
08 May 2010 16:30 #62356 by DeletedUser
Bullwinkle wrote:

Did you cocksucking sons of syphilitic whores not notice I locked this thread back on page 1?

Fuck. You're right. Must remember to listen to you a bit more.

More
08 May 2010 16:56 #62361 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re:BGG > FAT?
Let's play a friendly round of Agricola and forget about this shit.

"You've taken my wood pussy!!!"

More
08 May 2010 17:37 #62363 by mjl1783
Replied by mjl1783 on topic Re:BGG > FAT?

Nice lecture mjl. Ending with the "it doesn't matter to me what words you use to insult people" caveat is always a nice touch. It's kind of like you don't want to admit when you have been offended for fear of being ridiculed for it.

I'm really not offended by his use of the words. I was offended by his bitching and moaning about the fact that someone was.

Here's an idea, guys: If you don't want to get banned from BGG, watch your fucking language, and don't use phrases and terms you wouldn't throw around at work or in front of a bunch of people you just met. It's pretty goddamn simple.

Here's another idea: Stop going there if it's so unfair.

Third idea: Spare the rest of us the constant whining if you choose not to do either of the above. You want to drop the f-bomb over there and tag things "Short_bus_alumni"? Go for it, but expect to get yourself into trouble, and don't act so shocked and appalled that someone took more offense to that than someone making a smarmy comment about other people being childish. That's likely to be the case anywhere you go.

More
08 May 2010 18:45 #62365 by DeletedUser
mjl1783 wrote:

I'm really not offended by his use of the words. I was offended by his bitching and moaning about the fact that someone was.

Thanks for clarifying. Didn't get that from your lengthy posts.

Third idea: Spare the rest of us the constant whining if you choose not to do either of the above. You want to drop the f-bomb over there and tag things "Short_bus_alumni"? Go for it, but expect to get yourself into trouble, and don't act so shocked and appalled that someone took more offense to that than someone making a smarmy comment about other people being childish.

No argument with this.

That's likely to be the case anywhere you go.

But hopefully not here.

More
08 May 2010 19:19 #62366 by generalpf
Replied by generalpf on topic Re:BGG > FAT?
JonJacob wrote:

ie: we used "gretzky" to mean retarded as kids... whenever anyone says that name, I get immediately offended. Odd eh? Now any word you use could have alternate meanings for people. So, here's how ya do it

lol so did we, Joey Moss is immortal

More
08 May 2010 20:46 - 08 May 2010 20:46 #62371 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re:BGG > FAT?
generalpf wrote:

JonJacob wrote:

ie: we used "gretzky" to mean retarded as kids... whenever anyone says that name, I get immediately offended. Odd eh? Now any word you use could have alternate meanings for people. So, here's how ya do it

lol so did we, Joey Moss is immortal

OH NO, HE DI'N'T!
Last edit: 08 May 2010 20:46 by Dr. Mabuse.

More
08 May 2010 20:59 #62373 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:BGG > FAT?
Death and Taxis wrote:

People getting offended by a few swear words, insults and derogatory comments...?

That's it. The circle is now complete. F:At has jumped the shark.

Seriously.

Between this and the never ending bitching about boardgames, I'm wondering when this place will merge with BGG and be done with it.

The only difference between the 2 is that instead of me getting banned every 3 weeks it's Steve Weeks.

More
08 May 2010 21:04 #62374 by mjl1783
Replied by mjl1783 on topic Re:BGG > FAT?

But hopefully not here.

Yes, let's hope. If this place ever starts cracking down on the rude language, I'll be rendered mute.

Between this and the never ending bitching about boardgames, I'm wondering when this place will merge with BGG and be done with it.

We don't bitch about board games, Skelly. We just bitch about the limp-dick, gay ass, retarded pussy shit you play.

Queer.

More
08 May 2010 21:52 #62375 by Not Sure
Replied by Not Sure on topic Re:BGG > FAT?
I like board games cuz they're cheap.

Right?

More
08 May 2010 23:47 #62376 by generalpf
Replied by generalpf on topic Re:BGG > FAT?
Not Sure wrote:

I like board games cuz they're cheap.

Right?

You've missed a whole lot. Board games are a ripoff and XBox 360 is the best system EVAR

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds