October 09, 2023
2523 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2724 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about collectible card here.

Hearthstone Players!

More
25 Aug 2015 23:47 #209293 by Stonecutter
Replied by Stonecutter on topic Hearthstone Players!
Speaking of Murlock Knights, this was my first pack.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2015 09:28 #209303 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Hearthstone Players!
It's a sign. Murloc Knight is best knight.

12 Wins in Arena! My tops is 9. Once with Priest, once with Warlock. I lose to my own mistakes, that's on me. Good for you, man!

All these new decks. So awesome. I was streaky with Totem Shaman yesterday to go from 17 to 14, then lost to Face Hunter when I failed to roll a Taunt totem or draw Healing Wave for 9 turns. That's a lonnnng time for Face Hunter--even then he had to burst me down from 10 life. I think that archetype is done.

I switched to Aggro Pally and went back and forth. I had a long drawn out match against a Freeze Mage that turned into top-decking. I was top decking both of my Divine Favors. She topdecked Dr. Boom. GG.

More
26 Aug 2015 11:43 #209326 by Stonecutter
Replied by Stonecutter on topic Hearthstone Players!

Stonecutter wrote: So I think I've found my favorite deck ever after 90 packs of grand tournament. Not sure what I'm calling it and knowing this game it's probably online already with tweaks that make it better, but whatever, no net decking for me on this one

2x snipe
2x bear trap
2x explosive trap
2x eagle horn
2x mad scientist

This third of the deck is pretty obvious. Traps to make your opponents life miserable, deal damage and keep your eagle horn running.

2x annoyotron
1x loatheb
1x big game hunter
1x ironfur grizzly
2x deadly shot
1x arcane shot
1x cobra shot
This is the control portion of the deck, it exists to slow your opponent. Sylvanas should probably replace cobra shot but I like the extra 3 damage

2x leper gnome
1x emperor thaurissan
1x tracking
This is your accelerant. Leper gnome
Gives you a little more board presence because the deck is lite on minions. Tracking is to pull eaglehorns and whatever you need to set up the game winner

2x Brave archer
2x garrison commander
1x maiden of the lake
1x steamwheedle sniper
1x justicar trueheart

Brave archer with a garrison commander is 8 damage. 10 with trueheart, and with 26 of 30 in this deck costing 4 or less emptying your hand isn't hard. The traps and control weather the storm as you plink away with your hero power as often as possible. I'm sure there's arguments to be made for frost giant, King Crush, or the longbow as finishers and j want to play around with all three, but right now this deck is 9-2.

Swapped Cobra Shot and Arcane Shot for Sylvanas and a Flare, went 5-1 in 6 matches.

No meta Hearthstone is Best Hearthstone
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
26 Aug 2015 12:06 #209330 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Hearthstone Players!
Yep, these are the Good Old Days before everyone starts playing one of three different deck types.

Darnassus Aspirant may be one of my favorite cards in the new set. Druid just GOES OFF with them. I had a turn 2 Dr. Boom out earlier today. GG.

Jousting is also REALLY good with my Druid deck, but mainly because it's all 5+ minions. Very effective, but I can't see it working well otherwise.

More
26 Aug 2015 12:12 #209332 by jeb
I hear ya brother. 5-1 this AM myself with another Hunter build (below). The loss was to a combo druid who had two cards in hand for turn 9, 6 damage on the board. I went greedy, killing 2 damage (keeping a guy) instead of 4 and of course she had the combo for exactly 18 (my life total). It would have been an uncertain thing even if I was at 2 life, but still--don't be greedy, the deck has late game.
1x Hunter's Mark
2x Webspinner
2x Freezing Trap
1x Quickshot
2x Eaglehorn Bow
2x Animal Companion
2x Kill Command
2x Unleash the Card That Is Wrecking All These Token Paladins
2x Houndmaster
1x Ball of Spiders
1x Savannah Highmane

2x Ironbeak Owl
1x Knife Juggler
2x Mad Scientist
1x Acolyte of Pain
2x Piloted Shredder
Lx Loatheb
1x Mukla's Champion
1x Kodorider (sub-optimal?--has never come out)
Lx Dr. Boom

Some games go quick--two wins were on turn 5. Some can go longer, hence late-game recovery like Ball of Spiders and Reginald K. Boom, Ph.D. Mostly the games are me wrecking Paladins infinite tokens with Concede to the Hounds. I think I would replace Kodorider with The Black Knight if I had it. I feel like Taunts are everywhere these days.

More
26 Aug 2015 13:17 #209344 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Hearthstone Players!
See. the trick to Paladin is not producing a constant stream of Dudes unless a) you can do something with them or b) you can already make them tougher in very short order (QM, Argus, Trainer, etc.) This is why I think Sword of Justice would work well right now for those decks and why cards like Trainer and Comp Spirit are viable. But Mukla's is probably better than SoJ as long as you can keep him alive.

Kodorider? Well, the War Kodo is a Beast so, yeah. Why not? How has the RNG been with Ball and the associated Webspinners? Do you feel like you still need the two maindeck? Also, Mad Scientist with only two Freezing Traps? I almost never played Scientist in my control decks because I wanted the choice of when the trap would be activated (i.e. so I didn't end up Freezing a Dude, rather than something sizable.) Do you really like Freezing in this meta with all of the Jousting and endless Battlecries? Since your deck is more Beast-oriented than others I've seen, you don't think Snakes or Bear might be more useful?

More
26 Aug 2015 14:51 #209349 by jeb
I have been playing Beast-oriented Midrange Hunter for months, so I am comfortable with Webspinner RNG. If it makes a fattie--I like the upgrade. If it makes that fucking Parrot, at least it's cheap so I can burst out with Kill Command off it late-game. And, hand-to-God, I might weep if it makes a Hungry Crab that kills a Murloc Knight. Weep at the value.

Yeah, only the two traps and only Freezing. I am not rushing the opponent down, despite those turn 5 wins. The game plan is tempo tempo tempo. Mad Scientist is nice on curve, keeps opponents guessing, and if it actually fires gets me two mana, a better deck, and tempo when they walk into the trap. Also, I need my dudes to live until my turn to maximize their value, and Freezing assures that better than the others in my experience. I have been having NO PROBLEMS dealing with Bear Trap from my opponents. This may be coloring my opinion at current. Snake Trap could well be better, but I got none, son.

More
26 Aug 2015 15:23 - 26 Aug 2015 15:29 #209351 by SebastianBludd
Replied by SebastianBludd on topic Hearthstone Players!
I had a 60 Gold Druid/Rogue quest today so I decided to roll with my jank Rogue deck because it would be faster to add some new TGT cards to it rather than entirely rework my Druid deck (and I only have a 1x of some of the good rares, besides). I like Cutpurse so much that I crafted a second one for giggles. It's a super fun card that at least makes playing Rogue fun while I'm grinding out 5 wins.

I opened 2 Burgles but it seems too slow for my temp Rogue deck and again, I didn't want to tweak my deck too much today. I also like Cutpurse because, if you can get him to work, he can result in a mini Ramp Rogue. It's obviously better to play him early but I've had crap draws and mulligans and only gotten to use him twice.

He got me a couple coins in my first game but he was the MVP the 2nd time I used him, which was in a Casual game versus a Warlock. I went second, so my starting hand had Cutpurse, Coin and Shado-Pan Rider. He didn't have Voidwalker so I played Cutpurse on Turn 2, resulting in the following Turn 3 -> Hit face with Cutpurse + Cutpurse Coin + Coin + Shado-Pan Rider = Turn 3 Boulderfist. He conceded on Turn 4.
Last edit: 26 Aug 2015 15:29 by SebastianBludd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Jackwraith

More
26 Aug 2015 20:01 #209368 by jeb
I think I am going to do a Rogue build with Ambushes and draw effects. It can play like Fatigue Rogue until some Ambushes pop and I explode with bursty Oil damage.

Got my ~2900 dust here... I think it's going to be Ysera, and 2x Wyrmrest Agents for 1800 of it. That's going to take my Dragon Priest to the next level. Ysera also goes in Pally builds, Warrior builds... pretty much anything dragon-y should top out with Ysera. I have been working with Chromaggus and Nefarian, but they don't have the same juice.

I think I will start accumulating Giants with the leftover dust. There are whole archetypes I can't explore for lack of Giants. I have 2 Mountain Giants (cards in hand). What's next? Molten (life lost), Sea (minions in play) Frost (hero powered), Clockwork (cards in oppts hand)? I think token Pally and Totem Shaman could be sick with Sea and Frost. Handlock obviously wants Moltens...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brewmiester

More
26 Aug 2015 21:43 #209378 by Brewmiester
Replied by Brewmiester on topic Hearthstone Players!
I did pull a molten giant out of a pack today.

I've made it about half way through the thread so far but wanted to ask some advice of the pros. I've got all the basic cards, 1050 in gold, and a dragon priest deck I just started in my first arena. What should my next move be? I'm really enjoying the game so far but don't want to have to pay for anything.

More
26 Aug 2015 23:41 #209384 by jeb
Well, I would go at least a couple more months and see where you stand. Get good enough at Arena and it "pays off" as a discount on packs. If you can manage 3 wins on average you'll average > 50 gold per run, and thus the pack you win is "at a discount." Plus it's fun. Ranked is fun, too. Without any Adventure cards, you'll peak around Rank 15 or so as a guess. That's solid, but you'll start to see cards you won't get for a loooong time if you stay F2P. Don't grind anything up for a while. Like, at least a month. You might end up regretting it. Watch some streams, get a feel for card valuations before you nuke anything. Alternately, pick a class or two and nuke everything you can from the other classes.

When you decide to spend some money, get Naxxramas.

More
27 Aug 2015 04:17 #209385 by Wetworks
Replied by Wetworks on topic Hearthstone Players!
I would concentrate mostly on Arena and Tavern Brawl. If you get good enough you can go infinite in arena and earn lots of gold and dust without having to pay real money for anything. That's what I did for the first several months, I've been playing since closed beta.

Use this site to help you draft in arena, www.heartharena.com/

More
27 Aug 2015 09:16 - 27 Aug 2015 13:37 #209392 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Hearthstone Players!
If you like Paladin and/or minion decks, you want Sea Giant. You only really need one. If you want to try control, then make Moltens. In that case, I'd make two, since they end up becoming more of a key part of the deck than the matter-of-convenience Sea Giant. Epics are only 400 dust, so you should be able to outfit a deck nicely with your stash.

Have you seen Reynad's Dragon Priest? www.hearthpwn.com/decks/308694-reynads-op-dragon-priest It's pretty fun and it's all over the ladder right now. I played a couple games with it and had a solid ramp curve going on. The 4 spot is light, but that's where you want to be healing fairly often, anyway, and/or dropping Velen's and a Smite or something like that. The funny thing was, I stopped after a couple games and went back to my Paladin deck and the first deck I ran into was... Reynad's Dragon Priest. My hand is kind of slow (no Minibot) so I drop a Competitive Spirit on turn 1 and he responds with a Whelp. I make a Dude. Now, his best play here is Cleric, kill my Dude, coin, heal and draw. But he hits face. So I hit face with my 2/2 Dude and drop a Silver Hand Regent; again, just trying to stay on curve and have a board presence. He puts Velen's on the Whelp, kills the Regent and then Coin, Smites the Dude. I'm like: WTF? You could have made that play earlier and kept the Smite. So, clearly not someone overly familiar with the deck. His Whelp is at 4/4, he can't heal it, and it's my turn 4. Out comes the Truesilver and I 2-for-1 him. Later I discover that he had the Cleric in hand.

Anyway, the game goes on for a while as he drops Twilight Guardians and Wyrmrest Agents and I just bulldoze through them with Truesilvers and buffed Dudes and a Consec. On turn 10, I do what's becoming the ultimate Paladin play and drop double Murloc Knights and make a Dude, getting Raider and Tidehunter to go with my 2 Dudes (buffed) and a 6/3 QM with Blessing. I just go face and take him to 5, using the last charge on my second Truesilver. I'd been waiting for the Nova the whole game, but if he does it here and heals himself, I still have more than 9 damage on the board, so he concedes.

This meta is as good as the immediate aftermath of GvG. I have run into a couple decks that are still tried and true versions of older stuff with minimal TGT cards, if any, and those are still tougher hills to climb as I sort out which cards will actually be playable in TGT, but that's what a good meta should be. This guy did get a Chillmaw down on me but I killed it with Dudes and still had a 6/6 QM (who later killed a Guardian, bringing him to the eventual 6/3.) Good times.
Last edit: 27 Aug 2015 13:37 by Jackwraith.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SebastianBludd, Brewmiester

More
27 Aug 2015 15:56 #209420 by SebastianBludd
Replied by SebastianBludd on topic Hearthstone Players!
Murloc Knight Paladin is ridiculous. I was playing against a Warlock and I got a horrible starting hand: Belcher, Consecrate, Truesilver, and Loatheb. Out comes the Flame Imp -> Creeper on Turns one and two, and I know I'm in for it. He plays a 2nd Creeper on Turn 3, and then he helps me out by playing Power Overwhelming on the first Creeper. I coin into Consecrate to clear most of the board and eliminate Gormok's battlecry (deal 4 damage) who he drops on the next turn. I take out Gormok with Truesilver and on Turn 5 I drop Loatheb on an empty board (rather than Belcher) to lock down his casting and hoping he doesn't have a Doomguard in hand (5/7 Charge, and he doesn't). Then Turn 6 is Murloc Knight -> Hero Power, Turn 7 is Belcher -> Hero Power, and now my side of the board is full. I smacked him around for a couple turns before he conceded. I was shocked at how quickly I was able to stabilize with MK Paladin, especially with such a crummy starting hand.

I ended up adding Loatheb back into my deck to try and protect my tokens so we'll see how that goes. I'm also running x2 Seal of Champions in place of Dark Iron Dwarf. Yeah, there's no body, but SoC is in my already-thin 3 slot (while eliminating something from my overcrowded 4 slot), thus smoothing out my curve and giving me a free attack with SoC's divine shield. I also dropped Justicar and Crowd Favorite for the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
27 Aug 2015 16:38 #209428 by jeb

Jackwraith wrote: Have you seen Reynad's Dragon Priest? www.hearthpwn.com/decks/308694-reynads-op-dragon-priest It's pretty fun and it's all over the ladder right now. I played a couple games with it and had a solid ramp curve going on. The 4 spot is light, but that's where you want to be healing fairly often, anyway, and/or dropping Velen's and a Smite or something like that. The funny thing was, I stopped after a couple games and went back to my Paladin deck and the first deck I ran into was... Reynad's Dragon Priest. My hand is kind of slow (no Minibot) so I drop a Competitive Spirit on turn 1 and he responds with a Whelp. I make a Dude. Now, his best play here is Cleric, kill my Dude, coin, heal and draw. But he hits face. So I hit face with my 2/2 Dude and drop a Silver Hand Regent; again, just trying to stay on curve and have a board presence. He puts Velen's on the Whelp, kills the Regent and then Coin, Smites the Dude. I'm like: WTF? You could have made that play earlier and kept the Smite. So, clearly not someone overly familiar with the deck. His Whelp is at 4/4, he can't heal it, and it's my turn 4. Out comes the Truesilver and I 2-for-1 him. Later I discover that he had the Cleric in hand.

Aw that's too bad. Obviously not a savvy pilot there. I saw Reynad's deck and he goes in a couple directions I don't. I am not a huge fan of Blackwing Technician. It feels slow to me. I usually prefer Dark Cultist there. I also don't bother with Smite, even though I run Vol'jin. I usually have some cheap dude left over to take out the Vol'jin target (or have Holy Nova), so I think it's better to have a real card there. I also use Shadow Madness, which is even more sick in this Inspire-rich format. My boner will get a boner if I can Shadow Madness Murloc Knight, heal myself, make a Murloc, and kill Justicar Trueheart. That's a solid 6-mana there.

What the fuck do I know though, He's top 100 Legend and I am grasping for that sweet level 12 chest.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds