October 09, 2023
2807 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2955 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - Marvel Heroes VS Marvel Heroscape

More
01 Jul 2009 14:52 #33547 by maka
Mad Dog wrote:

I usually chalk up the first game of anything as a learning experience, but you wrote "games" as in it takes multiple plays to figure out the rules.

My bad. I meant the plural to mean multiple people's first game, not many games after the first one for one group of people...

Still, I made mistakes (with this game and many others like AH, Android, Magic Realm, etc...) beyond the first game. Didn't made them any less fun though...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2009 14:57 #33548 by maka
"No, we played it right. Hulk rolled terribly. Toad rolled fantastic."

I can't fault the game for that. Even the most powerful attack can roll zero hits, even the most powerful defense can roll zero hits. This happening 3 times in a row seems like it's never going to happen, but it's still possible...

Anyway, that can happen in anygame where randomness is present...

More
02 Jul 2009 06:22 #33569 by Notahandle
So, maka, can we take it that the obvious superiority of everyones counter-arguments have convinced you to change your vote to Marvel Heroscape?
(You know it's the right thing to do.)

More
02 Jul 2009 07:34 #33572 by Juniper
Mad Dog wrote:

Juniper wrote:

I own both games, but don't have an opinion about which is better.

Two games enter. One game leaves.

OK, OK. My vote: MAKA

More
02 Jul 2009 08:04 #33573 by maka
"So, maka, can we take it that the obvious superiority of everyones counter-arguments have convinced you to change your vote to Marvel Heroscape?
(You know it's the right thing to do.)"

I already countered all the arguments and am still waiting for someone to come up with a new one... :p

"OK, OK. My vote: MAKA "

Good. A couple more votes and we might still win this one :D

More
02 Jul 2009 14:25 #33587 by metalface13
Marvel Heroscape is for kids. Marvel Heroes is for gamers. If you're older than 8, your vote should be for Marvel Heroes.

More
02 Jul 2009 14:41 #33588 by Michael Barnes
So what you're saying is that a MARVEL HEROES vote is a man-child vote?

Who thinks about Spider-Man, Thor, Cap, or any of the Marvel characters and thinks "man, I'd like to play a pretty complicated board game with a bunch of rules about those guys".

More
02 Jul 2009 14:47 #33589 by southernman
Michael Barnes wrote:

Who thinks about Spider-Man, Thor, Cap, or any of the Marvel characters and thinks "man, I'd like to play a pretty complicated board game with a bunch of rules about those guys".

C'mon Mikey - stop spinning the bull - how can it be complicated when the rulebook is les than 32 pages ... step up to the plate man.

More
02 Jul 2009 14:54 #33590 by Almalik

Which is pretty much what doomed Marvel Heroes. For those few of us that have thought that, it does fire on almost all cylinders.

More
02 Jul 2009 15:39 #33592 by Michael Barnes
You know, when I played MARVEL HEROES for the first time, I realized that not one time did I say "It's clobberin' time!" Instead it was "It's check the rulebook time!"

More
02 Jul 2009 17:42 #33596 by metalface13
You're right, I forgot. Comic books are for simpletons. Games based on comic books should be for simpletons too. And Marvel Heroscape is that game!

More
02 Jul 2009 18:27 #33598 by maka
Michael Barnes wrote:

You know, when I played MARVEL HEROES for the first time, I realized that not one time did I say "It's clobberin' time!" Instead it was "It's check the rulebook time!"

When did you become an Eurosnoot??? I'm disappointed... :p Soon you'll be criticizing the game because it has dice, it's too random and long to play... just wait :D

More
02 Jul 2009 18:53 #33599 by Merkles
Marvel this....Marvel that....

D.C. Comics heroes are the real deal. This Marvel crap is the bush leagues for comic books. Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman...now there's a line-up worth making a game around. While I haven't been into comics for almost 20 years now (I have read some graphic novels from the library), I've never been able to understand the attraction of Marvel. D.C. Comics and their heroes make Marvel Heroes pale by comparison.

That's why people are having a hard time deciding on which game to emerge victorious from this fight!

More
02 Jul 2009 19:24 #33601 by metalface13
Merkles wrote:

Marvel this....Marvel that....

D.C. Comics heroes are the real deal. This Marvel crap is the bush leagues for comic books. Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman...now there's a line-up worth making a game around. While I haven't been into comics for almost 20 years now (I have read some graphic novels from the library), I've never been able to understand the attraction of Marvel. D.C. Comics and their heroes make Marvel Heroes pale by comparison.

That's why people are having a hard time deciding on which game to emerge victorious from this fight!

I've never understood why anybody reads DC comics except for Batman. They're all so blah and feel so goofy.

More
02 Jul 2009 19:38 #33602 by Shellhead
metalface13 wrote:

I've never understood why anybody reads DC comics except for Batman. They're all so blah and feel so goofy.

You are ignoring Jonah Hex, some great work by Alan Moore, and the entire Vertigo line.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds