October 09, 2023
2552 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2751 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
17 Feb 2016 21:53 #222723 by Cranberries

hotseatgames wrote: Just ordered Shadows Over Normandie from Amazon for $53 total. Out of curiousity I took a look at the kickstarter page for it... granted that version came with a lot of extra stuff, but it was approximately $101 plus shipping. No thanks.

My Amazon has it for $46, shipped, Prime. Did you order an expansion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2016 23:51 - 17 Feb 2016 23:54 #222725 by hotseatgames
Nope. They lowered it $6 right after I bought it. :/

Got it today. The rulebook is much denser than I expected. But man.... there is a LOT of cardboard in that box. :)

The cards are flimsy. Shame! This is offset by the fact that there is a Virgin Sacrifice token.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2016 23:54 by hotseatgames.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Cranberries

More
18 Feb 2016 09:50 #222740 by Columbob

hotseatgames wrote: Nope. They lowered it $6 right after I bought it. :/

I've written to Amazon before about these things, and they've reimbursed me the difference. You could tell them you could order it again and just send back the "first" one ordered, but that would be a hassle for everyone and they'd need to pay for shipping again.

More
20 Feb 2016 23:36 #222919 by Gary Sax
I bought the Summer Break expansion from Level 99 for Argent. It's tiny and like 8 bucks but I haven't seen it anywhere in stock and level 99 had one copy left.

More
11 Mar 2016 14:58 #224194 by Josh Look
I don't ususually like to buy games my friends already own, but I broke down and bought Argent. It's just an incredibly good game.

More
11 Mar 2016 15:35 #224196 by JEM
The new Star Realms set, because SR is a great game and I'm interested in how it plays. The cards look more powerful to me than the original set, but maybe there is some balancing I am missing (they say you can combine them).

Liberty or Death I think is a more accessible setting for COIN, and has a solo option anyway. Super pretty map and nice components also.

A Study in Emerald 2nd Edition. I did a dry run through this to get the rules down. Feels like the soul of the game was amputated, but we'll see. I feel this is to 1st ed as Blood Rage is the Chaos in the Old World- slicker, simpler, faster, easier to teach and play, but lacking a great deal of the narrative potential.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, DukeofChutney, Unicron

More
11 Mar 2016 21:06 #224212 by MacDirk Diggler
I just combined all my Star Realms into one giant deck. I don't see the new cards being super overpowered at all. Maybe I have not played with them enough (6ish games) to have any of them replace some of my favorite cards to scoop from the card row from the original set. What I really enjoy is having enough start decks to make a 4 player game.

Star Realms is one of my favorite filler games (half hour) right now and has tons of traction with my group. I probably have more plays of Star Realms in than anything in past 6 months. Easy to teach and people pick it up right away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JEM

More
11 Mar 2016 22:19 - 11 Mar 2016 22:22 #224215 by Frohike
Warhammer Quest finally came in. I think I'll play it tonight.

Bought Patchwork after playing a few sessions on iOS. It looks like it'll fit in the same nook as Lost Cities and Jaipur.

I'm also going to try out Isle of Skye which seems like Castles of Mad King Ludwig with... actual art direction, or at the very least, art that doesn't look like it was produced by an architectural drafting program.

Mulling over Talon
Last edit: 11 Mar 2016 22:22 by Frohike.

More
12 Mar 2016 11:36 #224226 by wadenels
I P500'd Medieval Conspiracy back in 2012, and other than checking on the status maybe twice in that time I'd completely forgotten about it.

Well it came in the mail yesterday. Didn't expect that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpat, Frohike

More
12 Mar 2016 17:21 #224235 by Frohike
Wow, I hadn't heard of this game, but it almost sounds like Crusader Kings: The Board Game. Very interested.

Let me know how it is after you've given it a few plays.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
13 Mar 2016 00:35 #224249 by Jason Lutes
Pre-ordered Rebellion because I'm a sucker, then added the 3rd edition of Fury of Dracula and Sons of Anarchy to the order. Now contemplating tacking on Argent because of the good buzz around here, but ARGH it is hard to justify when I am playing more RPGs than board games these days...

More
13 Mar 2016 06:59 #224252 by repoman

wadenels wrote: I P500'd Medieval Conspiracy back in 2012, and other than checking on the status maybe twice in that time I'd completely forgotten about it.

I was really interested in that game and even had it p500'd but it sat for months without movement and there were NO status updates..none..nada...nil. So I dropped my preorder

Stop what you are doing and play this ASAP and let us know how it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
13 Mar 2016 18:55 #224262 by SemiColon
Ordered Merchants & Marauders: Seas of Glory since I found a few copies at one of my online haunts after noticing it was sold out at all the other ones I normally look at, and knowing Z-Man expansions, once it's gone it isn't coming back.

More
14 Mar 2016 09:33 #224286 by iguanaDitty

SemiColon wrote: Ordered Merchants & Marauders: Seas of Glory since I found a few copies at one of my online haunts after noticing it was sold out at all the other ones I normally look at, and knowing Z-Man expansions, once it's gone it isn't coming back.

Where damn it? I cleverly waited on getting this and now it's impossible...

More
14 Mar 2016 12:55 #224295 by Msample

wadenels wrote: I P500'd Medieval Conspiracy back in 2012, and other than checking on the status maybe twice in that time I'd completely forgotten about it.

Besides the horrid looking map, I now understand that the rulebook is in some faux medieval looking font. WTF ???

It will have to be damn good to overcome those two graphic choices.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds