October 09, 2023
2515 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2716 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
28 Mar 2017 11:15 #245697 by RobertB
trif wrote:

Any one here watching Legion? A superhero show like none of the others (more like The Prisoner if Grant Morrison had written some of the episodes.)

Trippy, trippy stuff - I'm glad there's a show dealing with the psychedelic side of superhero comics.

I'm watching it, and I think the final episode is waiting for me on my DVR (wouldn't be shocked if I was wrong about that). A couple of my coworkers love it. I personally think it's okay, but not the "Awesomest show EVAR!" I like that retro look, and the horror angle on a superhero plot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2017 12:00 #245702 by Joebot
I've got about 3 episodes left of Iron Fist. i keep waiting for it to get good. I keep waiting for something to happen. I'm still waiting.

Finn Jones might be Marvel's first badly miscast role. Usually, their casting is fantastic, but they totally missed with this guy. He's tolerable as Danny Rand, but when he has to bring some intensity or physicality to the action scenes as Iron Fist, he can't do it. He's terrible. The generally poor writing isn't helping, but he's not a good enough actor to elevate mediocre material.

Definitely my least favorite of the Netflix Defenders shows.

More
28 Mar 2017 12:25 - 28 Mar 2017 12:25 #245704 by Grudunza
Barney, Seinfeld is probably the best example of that for me. Almost any really great comedy works for that, so Simpsons and MASH are others. Simpsons depends on whether I've seen that episode once or twice (definitely watch), or a dozen times (might pass, or watch yet again because it's so great).

House MD is one from the drama side that I tend to stop and watch if I come across it. And maybe ST:TNG as you say, but it really depends on the episode.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 12:25 by Grudunza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
28 Mar 2017 14:54 #245711 by hotseatgames

Joebot wrote: I've got about 3 episodes left of Iron Fist.

I have watched 9 of them. I think I might be done... it's just dumb. I think the last straw was the nurse fighting spec ops guys with these iron claws, like she is some sort of kung fu master. She is thoroughly uninteresting, and they keep putting her in these shows. Daredevil is the only one I've been able to complete.

More
28 Mar 2017 15:10 #245713 by Hex Sinister

Black Barney wrote: Hey guys, which TV shows are the ones that you immediately stop on when you are channel flipping? I'm not talking about anything current since you don't really channel flip when something you like is actually on.

Uhh, probably just UFO shows. But I've seen most everything so I tend to just fall asleep.

A current show I like is the one where they forge swords and shit. I don't know the ways of steel so this is interesting. It's in that mind numbing elimination format but it's not based around the "drama" or ridiculous personalities.

More
28 Mar 2017 17:13 - 28 Mar 2017 17:14 #245719 by RobertB
Black Barney wrote:

Hey guys, which TV shows are the ones that you immediately stop on when you are channel flipping? I'm not talking about anything current since you don't really channel flip when something you like is actually on.

I guess this is a sign of my incipient old age: Law & Order. Law & Order: Criminal Intent if I'm really bored or really sick*. Law & Order: SVU if my daughter is watching it too, because we can do our MST3K thing.

*Last year right before Christmas I had whatever insane flu was going around. I had just about enough energy to get from the bed to the recliner - I felt too shitty to even read a book. I sat there and watched three days worth of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 17:14 by RobertB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Black Barney

More
28 Mar 2017 17:19 #245720 by RobertB
Hex Sinister wrote:

A current show I like is the one where they forge swords and shit. I don't know the ways of steel so this is interesting. It's in that mind numbing elimination format but it's not based around the "drama" or ridiculous personalities.

I was up too late one night, and ended up watching a couple of episodes of some player-elimination shooting competition. At the time I thought I had sunk to new lows of boredom.

More
28 Mar 2017 19:04 #245723 by Hex Sinister
Heh, yeah I know how that feels. TV sucks. A couple times I even put golf on (I don't even follow it) but the gf's ban hammer came down. That's fair because I forbid big bang theory in my presence.

More
28 Mar 2017 20:09 #245725 by trif

cranberries wrote:

(more like The Prisoner if Grant Morrison had written some of the episodes.)

Great description. I'm surprised the show hasn't received more attention.

Warning: Spoiler!

I don't buy it because

Warning: Spoiler!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
28 Mar 2017 20:13 - 28 Mar 2017 20:18 #245726 by Michael Barnes
For years I thought Big Bang Theory was some kind of GameStop in-store programming. It was always on in their stores.

We usually land on whatever is on that my wife worked on and she regales me with behind the scenes anecdotes that affirm my decision to not get involved with that business.

Or The Simpsons.

Legion is OK, jury is still out on it. It is very Grant Morrison. Something about it doesn't quite stick to the ribs though.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 20:18 by Michael Barnes.

More
28 Mar 2017 20:45 #245727 by boothwah

Black Barney wrote: Hey guys, which TV shows are the ones that you immediately stop on when you are channel flipping? I'm not talking about anything current since you don't really channel flip when something you like is actually on :(

Not a show. But 35% of the time, if you have expanded cable, Roadhouse is on. I've watched a fraction of that movie at least a dozen times in the last 3 months. Tombstone is on as frequently and I'll leave it on that when I run across it.

Tv shows. M.A.S.H. Seinfeld. House Flipping shows.

I have a similar ban on the Big Bang Theory. And it just s in syndication on every channel. I counted 13 stations the other night that were running BBT between 7 and 9.

If your go to show is Friends then we can't be friends.

More
28 Mar 2017 21:35 #245729 by allismom3

Black Barney wrote: .... this feels like a Bobo question :(

I think you mean a Steve From Florida question

More
29 Mar 2017 08:25 #245743 by Black Barney
Did you see that one of the propositions on how he could get his name back was if he converts to Islam? Lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3

More
29 Mar 2017 09:01 #245748 by Shellhead

Michael Barnes wrote: We usually land on whatever is on that my wife worked on and she regales me with behind the scenes anecdotes that affirm my decision to not get involved with that business.

“The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs, for no good reason.” -- Hunter S. Thompson

More
30 Mar 2017 19:54 #245812 by allismom3

Black Barney wrote: Did you see that one of the propositions on how he could get his name back was if he converts to Islam? Lol

I like the drinking a toupee smoothie idea

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.715 seconds