October 09, 2023
2546 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2743 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Operation: 360 (I need your help!)

More
07 Oct 2009 11:59 #44053 by Black Barney
YAY DEAD SPACE!

I request that you give many updates as you peruse through the ship.

playing on Hard I hope?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2009 12:15 #44054 by Michael Barnes
Yeah, thanks a lot for luring me into playing on hard...it took me like six deaths to kill those damn things in the room where you fix the tram.

It's an interesting mechanic, having to blow off their limbs...I like how the weapons have different "profiles"...so far, the plasma cutter is tops. I can't believe I wasted my money on the pulse rifle.

I remember hearing that Dario Argento does some voices in it...haven't heard them yet.

More
07 Oct 2009 12:56 #44057 by metalface13
So has this become the official Xbox discussion thread?

More
07 Oct 2009 13:01 #44060 by jeb
metalface13 wrote:

So has this become the official Xbox discussion thread?

Yes, especially for us new-to-Xbox folks. Saw you in MtG this AM. I just got my ports mapped so I can get the friend thing going. We should play sometime.

That reminds me, Barnes, you are even shittier at IKARUGA now: I'm over 300k. I had such a nice opening in one game, chained up to 14, more than 100k before even exiting the intro wave. I choked against boss man by confusing polarity witch with missle launch. Dammit! Anyway, I got him the next time, that's 180k right there.

More
07 Oct 2009 13:10 #44063 by Michael Barnes
Alright Jeb, it's on. You'd best watch out, I'm a bit of a shark when it comes to shmups. I don't think you'll be basking in glory for long. I'll go a couple of rounds tonight and you should be beneath me, where you belong.

I need to get MTG...I bought $25 of Arcadebux or whatever they are...somehow that only bought me $20 worth of software. That's bullshit. Next round I'm getting MTG and probably CASTLE CRASHERS.

My wireless is pretty spotty since I'm using a cheaty way of doing it. I'm going to break down and get the wireless adapter. There's a new one coming out so maybe the older one will go down in price.

Q- do you have to have a headset or chat pad for live games?

More
07 Oct 2009 13:28 #44066 by jeb
Michael Barnes wrote:

Alright Jeb, it's on. You'd best watch out, I'm a bit of a shark when it comes to shmups. I don't think you'll be basking in glory for long. I'll go a couple of rounds tonight and you should be beneath me, where you belong.

I need to get MTG...I bought $25 of Arcadebux or whatever they are...somehow that only bought me $20 worth of software. That's bullshit. Next round I'm getting MTG and probably CASTLE CRASHERS.

My wireless is pretty spotty since I'm using a cheaty way of doing it. I'm going to break down and get the wireless adapter. There's a new one coming out so maybe the older one will go down in price.

I'll send you my extra headset, shoot me your addy in PM or email (jeblucas -at- gmail -dot- com).

Yeah, the whole points thing is bullshit. The exchange rate is about 8:10::points:dollars. There's a chance for arbitrage as well, as Target has sales on cards from time to time I guess. That's like having a sale on money.

More
07 Oct 2009 13:45 - 07 Oct 2009 13:45 #44067 by Black Barney
if ever you buy XboXLiveGold, make sure you buy it in a store and NOT online cuz it weds to your credit card and cancelling your auto-renewal is surprisingly difficult.

yes, this is the 360 thread, it's even in the title, yo.

SO GLAD you're playing Dead Space on Hard. We were 6 guys who played it when we all bought it together (my buds). The ones playing on Hard LOVED it and the two playing on Normal thought it was ok but too easy. UGH

Survival Horror is ONLY fun if you are scared to get killed so playing on Hard is perfect for that. My buddy Matt didn't know about the shooting the limbs thing so his first Necromorph came at him and he's trying to take the head off or chop up the chest. The thing just keeps advancing without a head and he's like, "FUCK FUCK FUCK DIE DAMMIT" and then it grabs him, whips him against the wall and his head comes off. LOL

I hate the pulse rifle. But believe me, the flamethrower is worse. You're going to have a blast with the other weapons. I won't tell you which ones are the best. Some are REALLY fun. Playing through the entire game using only the plasma cutter nets you a nice achievement.

MtG is fun, i hate castle crashers tho
Last edit: 07 Oct 2009 13:45 by Black Barney.

More
07 Oct 2009 13:45 #44068 by metalface13
Michael Barnes wrote:

MTG is pretty good. I played the demo for Castle Crashers and it was awesome. It's on my list of things to get, too.

Yeah I saw you come online Jeb, but I had to get ready for work.

I use a headset, but I got the super nice Turtle Beach wireless ones that channel all the audio so I don't disturb The Mrs. while she's working on stuff/trying to sleep.

More
07 Oct 2009 15:55 #44079 by MattFantastic
jeb wrote:

[ The exchange rate is about 8:10::points:dollars. There's a chance for arbitrage as well, as Target has sales on cards from time to time I guess. That's like having a sale on money.

I think it's 100 points = $1.25

When Target gives you a sale on money, it's only downside is the stress of deciding just how many cards you can convince yourself to buy.

More
07 Oct 2009 17:40 #44090 by Dogmatix
Frank: can you open the enclosures and swap drives? I've got a half-dozen 250-500GB SATA drives laying around doing nothing that I'd donate to Barnes' cause if one could just swap in for the smaller drives...

More
07 Oct 2009 18:52 #44105 by Michael Barnes
Thanks for the offer Justin- I actually got a "real" drive off Ebay for $65, 120gb. Probably off a RRD machine. Works fine.

That being said, I'm sure Frank can do this. I mean, he built a controller out of an Altoids container.

More
07 Oct 2009 23:02 #44136 by Dogmatix
Michael Barnes wrote:

Thanks for the offer Justin- I actually got a "real" drive off Ebay for $65, 120gb. Probably off a RRD machine. Works fine.

That being said, I'm sure Frank can do this. I mean, he built a controller out of an Altoids container.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but glad to hear you got one of a decent size. I've resisted the siren call of the consoles thus far but I think a PS3 may be in my future....

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.600 seconds