October 09, 2023
2688 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2856 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Operation: 360 (I need your help!)

More
29 Sep 2009 16:58 #43223 by metalface13
Black Barney wrote:

lol, i have no idea what that is

And you named THIS guy to the FAGAT committee?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2009 20:49 #43262 by Stonecutter
I can't say this enough: If you have a 360, the game you need to buy is CRACKDOWN. It's dirt cheap everywhere because it originally came with the Halo 3 beta and everyone traded it in. They missed out on one of the best games on the system. It's a cell shaded GTA with superpowers.

More
30 Sep 2009 10:36 #43350 by Black Barney
aw c'mon man, Crackdown is totally for when you've experienced the great 360 games and want something else. Barnes has to experience all the amazing games first

More
30 Sep 2009 11:09 #43359 by Michael Barnes
Well, it's true, both BIOSHOCK and GEARS OF WAR are top flight all the way. Played both for about 2-3 hours between last night and this morning. Production values are just through the roof on both games. Great gaming, no doubt. Really surprised to see that BIOSHOCK has- dare I say it? Social subtext. Reminds me a lot of SYSTEM SHOCK 2, which is a good thing. GoW is a great shooter, the cover thing is one of those great gaming hooks like swinging- it's just fun to do.

But listen to this. I put in GoW first and played for a while then I took it out and put BIOSHOCK in. The system locked up. I turned it off and then back on...duh duh duhhhhh!

RED RING OF DEATH.

I couldn't believe it. So I started to unhook it to pack it back up and I found that the power cable was a little loose. THat fixed it. Whew.

So yeah, who wants board games for your old 360 games?

Barney, we on for RE5=FUCKING REEF ENCOUNTER? It's unpunched, BTW. No one has ever played it. And it is your chance to own a game from the Michael Barnes collection, even if it is something I was never supposed to have.

I've got some other goods for trade, AGE OF CONAN, a 3rd edition copy of BLOOD BOWL with an extra team (the necro guys, can't remember their name), The AH edition of SPEED CIRCUIT, AGE OF RENAISSANCE if someone wants to trade big for it...ENEMY IN SIGHT (AH Age of Sail card game),GAMMARAUDERS, ESPANA 1936, ASLSK 1 and 3, a bunch of MIDDLE-EARTH CCG cards including the Challenge decks...

I want MASS EFFECT, DEAD SPACE, HALO 3, ARKHAM ASYLUM, LEFT 4 DEAD, MODERN WARFARE, STREET FIGHTER IV, ASSASSIN'S CREED...I dunno, I only have two games so tell me what you've got and chances are I'll trade you something for it.

I'm also in the market for headphones. Not the headset, but headphones. I had some that tapped into the Wii's RCA cables but I'm running HDMI with the 360.

More
30 Sep 2009 11:20 #43364 by Black Barney
Is that basically just Reef Encounter then? Same game?

Yeah, the system locks up often. I'll take board games for 360 games. I have Mass Effect, Dead Space, Halo 3, Arkham Asylum, Modern Warfare and others

keep me posted on how you're enjoying Bioshock and Gears of War.

More
30 Sep 2009 11:29 #43368 by Gary Sax
You want Modern Warfare? I have the silver edition or whatever but the code is obviously already used for the multiplayer map pack. Also Assassin's Creed. Are those all your current tradeables? I'm mildly interested in Blood Bowl but if there is anything else I'd be way more likely to let it go. PM me if you want.

More
30 Sep 2009 11:40 #43372 by lj1983
normally I keep my 360 games pared down pretty good...I do alot of trading via Goozex. but i've been kinda slacking on this. but currently for trade I have

Band of Brothers: Hells Highway
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Frontline: Fuel of War
Crackdown
Fallout 3
Oblivion
and various versions of Madden

More
30 Sep 2009 11:43 #43373 by Black Barney
i wants Crackdown

More
30 Sep 2009 12:02 #43377 by Michael Barnes
Ha ha...yes, Barney, it is the same game. It's just a joke that Jeb started when he listed REEF ENCOUNTER as FUCKING REEF ENCOUNTER. PM me if you want it. I want everything you listed, so if there's more games your looking for let me know.

Here is my full current trade list. If anyone wants to make an offer, PM me.

FUCKING REEF ENCOUNTER (earmarked for Barney if he wants it)
JOAN OF ARC (aka MONTJOIE)
LOST VALLEY
ASLSK 1 and 3 (separatable if you insist)
REVOLUTION: THE DUTCH REVOLT (limited edition Frances Tresham game)
ESPANA 1936 (includes naval expansion
TOUCH OF EVIL (shut up about it, OK? Box is completely trashed- long story)
SPEED CIRCUIT (AH edition)
BLOOD BOWL 3rd EDITION (with bonus team)
ENEMY IN SIGHT (AH Age of Sail naval battles card game)
GAMMARAUDERS (really want to keep...but for the right offer)
AGE OF RENAISSANCE (big trade only- $100+ value)
MIDDLE-EARTH CCG (challenge decks, the book/map, and hundreds of other cards- 2 booster boxes worth?)

More
30 Sep 2009 13:16 #43384 by metalface13
Michael Barnes wrote:

Ha ha...yes, Barney, it is the same game. It's just a joke that Jeb started when he listed REEF ENCOUNTER as FUCKING REEF ENCOUNTER. PM me if you want it. I want everything you listed, so if there's more games your looking for let me know.

Here is my full current trade list. If anyone wants to make an offer, PM me.

FUCKING REEF ENCOUNTER (earmarked for Barney if he wants it)
JOAN OF ARC (aka MONTJOIE)
LOST VALLEY
ASLSK 1 and 3 (separatable if you insist)
REVOLUTION: THE DUTCH REVOLT (limited edition Frances Tresham game)
ESPANA 1936 (includes naval expansion
TOUCH OF EVIL (shut up about it, OK? Box is completely trashed- long story)
SPEED CIRCUIT (AH edition)
BLOOD BOWL 3rd EDITION (with bonus team)
ENEMY IN SIGHT (AH Age of Sail naval battles card game)
GAMMARAUDERS (really want to keep...but for the right offer)
AGE OF RENAISSANCE (big trade only- $100+ value)
MIDDLE-EARTH CCG (challenge decks, the book/map, and hundreds of other cards- 2 booster boxes worth?)

I'd be tempted by Blood Bowl, but A) I'm not done with Mass Effect and B)Blood Bowl is supposed to come out on xbox. When is that happening? Where's Abner again for the inside scoop? Was the 360 version delayed to fix the AI bugs that plagued the PC version?

More
30 Sep 2009 13:37 #43387 by Michael Barnes
THE FIX IS IN! Fuck the dongle!

I'm hooking up to Xbox Live as we speak using one of my laptops as a bridge. All you have to do is to bridge your LAN and wireless connections in network and strap the laptop to the console with a good old CAT5.

Instructions for those interested:

www.ehow.com/how_5193226_connect-interne...ng-laptop-vista.html

More
30 Sep 2009 14:31 #43400 by Black Barney
k cool Mike. The only game I'm interested in on that list is Blood Bowl. So lemme know if you don't work something out with the other guys.

I'll check tonite if I still have RE5 (I'm 95% sure I haven't lent it out), and then we can work out cross-shipping them or whatever

More
30 Sep 2009 14:39 #43402 by MattFantastic
Gears 2 is a big step up too in the single player story mode and all that. I was realy impressed.

Bioshock however was on a whole different level of awesometown.

Get Left 4 Dead. Maybe wait till 2 comes out and then get 1 AND 2. Easily one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had with any game ever.

Whats up with the middle earth CCG? I know nothing about it and it's possible value but I love me some hobbits.

More
30 Sep 2009 15:05 #43406 by ChristopherMD
MattLoter wrote:

Whats up with the middle earth CCG? I know nothing about it and it's possible value but I love me some hobbits.

Take every character, item, location, etc from Middle Earth and remove any connection to the stories. Add in a shitload of rules and you've got ME CCG.

More
30 Sep 2009 15:56 #43416 by Michael Barnes
Damn you Mad Dog!

What he MEANT to say was that it's not really very Tolkien, although it's set in Middle-Earth. It has nothing to do with the actual stories, and it's more divergent than MEQ in that regard. Characters, creatures, places, and so on are all there.

It's not tremendously valuable, I have the most valuable thing which is the book (which I firmly believe you _have_ to have to play). The Challenge Decks are 10 pre-made decks ready to go without any modification, and they're really the ebst way to play.

It's actuallya pretty great game if you can get around how non-canonical it all is...it's much closer to MAGIC REALM than MAGIC: THE GATHERING.

Barney- I'll do BB for RE5.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds