October 09, 2023
2552 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2751 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Operation: 360 (I need your help!)

More
29 Sep 2009 11:47 #43145 by Almalik
For Canadian types, there's an Elite value Pack available that comes with the wireless adapter and Halo 3 for $329 (Amazon, Best Buy, etc. all have the same price). Probably the best way to go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2009 11:55 #43146 by Michael Barnes
Looks like what I'm going to do is this.

I took a pile of stuff up to Gamestop this morning and I got a shitload of credit- $187. They have a pretty good deal where if you trade 4 Wii games you get $20 extra credit. I traded 8 at two different stores so I got $40 extra on top of my 10% for having the Edge card. Mostly traded some DS games I was done with- MARIO AND LUIGI: BOWSERS INSIDE STORY brought in $25. I'm going to go ahead and get an Arcade and a $75 120gb HDD from Amazon. I'll be $25 over the rebated Elite but...the Arcade is white. Y'all probably think I'm gay as balls, but the fact that it's white is a major advantage for me. All of our electronics and living room furniture are white and silver. one black piece will throw out the whole look. I'm willing to pay the extra $25 to get the white one. The headset, I could really care less about at least until I get it online, which probably won't be for a couple of weeks when I can pony up the bucks for the wireless dongle and then I'll just grab a cheapie...or trade for it. I'm going to head back to Gamestop at lunch and do the deed, probably pick up GEARS OF WAR and BIOSHOCK as well.

I sure have come a long way from posting a sign at AGF advertising the fact that we DIDN'T carry 360s...that Christmas I had 20 people a day asking for them. So I put a sign on the door with a picture of it and the price...and "available at places that sell video games!"

More
29 Sep 2009 12:03 #43148 by Black Barney
play Bioshock first. It's unbelievable. Play at night with the lights off and the sound very high.

Gears can be played during the day. it's very intense.

Let us know how you like it and hook me up with your gamertag so i can friend request you

More
29 Sep 2009 13:39 #43172 by Michael Barnes
THE DEED IS DONE. Arcade plus cheapo HDMI cable, BIOSHOCK and GEARS OF WAR. Total outlay? Zero dollars, accounting for my trade and the recent auction of SCRIBBLENAUTS plus that stupid chicken hat (closed at $41). I actually made about $20 from the whole affair. And BLACK OPS is still selling, at $200 with 14 watchers and it ends friday...that money is going to go somewhere else, to my top secret project.

I'll definitely hit you up when I get online Barney, along with the rest of the F:ATties. I'll probably get the HDD and dongle in the next two weeks, auctions and trades pending.

And yeah, I'll probably be around here trying to trade board games for 360 games, just you watch.

More
29 Sep 2009 14:01 #43177 by metalface13
Michael Barnes wrote:

THE DEED IS DONE. Arcade plus cheapo HDMI cable, BIOSHOCK and GEARS OF WAR. Total outlay? Zero dollars, accounting for my trade and the recent auction of SCRIBBLENAUTS plus that stupid chicken hat (closed at $41). I actually made about $20 from the whole affair. And BLACK OPS is still selling, at $200 with 14 watchers and it ends friday...that money is going to go somewhere else, to my top secret project.

I'll definitely hit you up when I get online Barney, along with the rest of the F:ATties. I'll probably get the HDD and dongle in the next two weeks, auctions and trades pending.

And yeah, I'll probably be around here trying to trade board games for 360 games, just you watch.

Ah you should've gotten Gears 2 so we can play Horde mode.

More
29 Sep 2009 14:03 #43179 by Michael Barnes
Baby steps- I'm four years behind on this console!

More
29 Sep 2009 14:09 #43181 by metalface13
Michael Barnes wrote:

Baby steps- I'm four years behind on this console!

Bah, I haven't played the first Gears yet. Mass Effect is really good, btw. Also I'm pretty addicted to the Magic XBLA game. The green deck is a juggernaut and totally my fave. I should've been playing green all those years ago instead of my weird, clunky Red/White/Black deck.

More
29 Sep 2009 14:12 #43182 by Black Barney
The Green/Black deck is like an auto-win against Green, no?

Gears is better than Gears 2 so it's good you're doing it in order, Mike, cuz the campaigns are really great and engrossing.

yeah, trading you 360 games for board games will be fun. I'm sure you'll want to offload any Euros you may have

More
29 Sep 2009 14:20 #43186 by jeb
metalface13--I will see you in there, man, once my FUCKING DONGLE shows up. FYI, there's a FATtie Xbox 360 Gamer Tag post we should take advantage of.

More
29 Sep 2009 14:28 #43188 by Michael Barnes
GEARS got the nod over GEARS 2 because the first one was $14.99. With my discount, it was like $12. BIOSHOCK was $15.

That's part of why I decided the time is right to get into a new console...most of the top games at this point are under $25. I'll get MASS EFFECT (I may actually pay money for it, it's only $15), DEAD SPACE, probably LEFT 4 DEAD and the ORANGE BOX. I really want ARKHAM ASYLUM (that was kind of the "must buy 360" tipping point) but I ain't paying $60 for it. I'll gladly wait six months playing catchup and pick it up for $25-$30 in the summertime. Or trade for it, I'd do that.

And RE5. I have to have that. I'll trade somebody FUCKING REEF ENCOUNTER for it right here and now.

More
29 Sep 2009 14:35 #43193 by lj1983
i gotta say, I think the orange box was probably the best $/fun ratio i've gotten out of a 360 game. Half-life 2, episodes 1 and 2 were awesome. portal is a ton of fun, and i've played some great games of team fortress 2. oblivion is up there too for best use of money.

More
29 Sep 2009 14:36 #43194 by metalface13
Black Barney wrote:

The Green/Black deck is like an auto-win against Green, no?

I put the smackdown on that Green/Black deck in the campaign mode. The one deck the green one struggled against was the blue deck. Then I just used the red deck and took care of it.

I haven't played anybody in multiplayer yet though.

More
29 Sep 2009 15:19 #43198 by Black Barney
Yeah, Orange Box is fantastic. But we don't want to overload Barnes. Has he even mentionned GTAIV yet? That is like MUST SEE TV

I would trade my RE5 for Reef Encounter

wow, this is going to be fun hearing Barnes' experiences with all this awesome gaming.

More
29 Sep 2009 16:17 #43214 by Michael Barnes
Factorygames at bellsouth dot net, Barney. Let's hook it up. Do bear in mind that this is actually a copy of FUCKING REEF ENCOUNTER, it's slightly different. It's the one that Metalface13 accidentally sent me in the first math trade.

More
29 Sep 2009 16:18 #43216 by Black Barney
lol, i have no idea what that is

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds